It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET vs EBE - I'm confused!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
To me, ET actally means an Extraterrestrial Biological Entity. Meaning they're made out of 'real' stuff (biological is the key here).

Why do so many on ATS equate EBE's to magick/religion/interdimensional beings? Surely they're missing the point of EBE's - i.e. other living entities based on chemistry.

When I see posts proclaiming EBE live on another 'frequency', am I the only one who thinks that the posters are insane, whilst at the same time being totally scientifically illiterate?

This is meant as a simple question!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

Well it's not a formal 'Science' so it has no standardized language. The concept of extra dimensional or other frequencies is not as crazy as it may seem, just very hard to prove.

Et basically means (on ATS) 'From another planet that comes here to earth and EBE is often used to describe something that is basically native to this planet but from a different dimension/frequency or whatever.

Remember that humans only have five senses and science knows that there are other senses possesed by other animals (Dolphins 'Sonar' for one) and seeing as most of Science is based on info gathered using our 5 senses, senses which can easily be decieved, We can be certain that there is more then we can detect.

The first step in discovery is imagination, without it we can't devise methods of gathering information on any given concept, if we can imagine something then we can begin to look for it.

edit on 12-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: Forgot to actually answer the question.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

To me, ET actally means an Extraterrestrial Biological Entity. Meaning they're made out of 'real' stuff (biological is the key here).Why do so many on ATS equate EBE's to magick/religion/interdimensional beings? Surely they're missing the point of EBE's - i.e. other living entities based on chemistry.

IMHO EBE's can be interdimensional, why can they not be? If it is possible that concioussness exists within a dimensional construct than an EBE can hold within it an interdimensional being. in a sense every being with a soul is an interdimensional, and our body is the EBE part. as well i think if this were possible than whatever the deffinition of how this dimensional construct works, would in fact be it's very chemistry.

so not only are you counting out the possibility of other types of conciousness outside of a physical body, but you are quick to assume that chemistry only applies to carbon based life-forms.

When I see posts proclaiming EBE live on another 'frequency', am I the only one who thinks that the posters are insane, whilst at the same time being totally scientifically illiterate?

no you are not the only one, there are many people on here who think that stuff is hooey, but it is not scientifically illiterate to think that these concepts are possible. in fact if you have a good understanding of quantum mechanics you can see that it is actually quite plausible that there is other matter all around us or anywhere for that matter that is in a different range of frequency/spin density/quantum state than the matter that we can perceptually concieve with our mind. Im not claiming that interdimensionals are real(although i do personally beleive that they are) and that your the crazy one, i just encourage you to actually be able to beleive in an idea before you refute it entirely and act like someone is crazy for thinking that. Cause theres probobly just as many people on here who think your crazy for thinking people are crazy for beleiving in something like that.

regaurdless of the intention i do not think that this is all that simple

edit on 11/12/2011 by facewhatly because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by BagBing

Et basically means (on ATS) 'From another planet that comes here to earth and EBE is often used to describe something that is basically native to this planet but from a different dimension/frequency or whatever.

I couldn't disagree more. EBE is clearly defined. Whilst I very much appreciate your post, your presumptions are totally wrong. For your post to be valid, you'd have to clearly define dimensions and frequencies, which no scientically literate person has done to date! You're assumptions are based on nonesense!

Regards, anyway!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

My assumptions are based on the intentions of the people who post here.
there are those that hold current scientific understanding to be the be all and end all and then there are those that strive to further the understandings of science.

Skeptics are essential to science but so are visionaries and those with imagination.

What we (humans) understand and 'know' can be compared to a drop of water next to the ocean.

Your clearly passionate about this topic and thats great, this is the perfect forum for that kind of thing.
But try not to be too aggressive about it. We are all here to share ideas and try to learn more.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing

reply to post by BagBing

I couldn't disagree more. EBE is clearly defined. Whilst I very much appreciate your post, your presumptions are totally wrong. For your post to be valid, you'd have to clearly define dimensions and frequencies, which no scientically literate person has done to date! You're assumptions are based on nonesense!

Regards, anyway!

"For your post to be valid, you'd have to clearly define dimensions and frequencies, which no scientically literate person has done to date!"
Exactly. which is why people are still trying to wrap their minds around the possible implications. As far as dimensions and frequencies are concerned it is theoretical in Science but intriging none the less which is why people without the benefit of a mastery of science often have difficulty expressing their ideas.

This is why there are different threads for posters to put things in, like 'Skunkworks' for example.

Not having a mastery of science should never be a reason to exclude someone from thinking or contributing.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

reply to post by BagBing

My assumptions are based on the intentions of the people who post here.
there are those that hold current scientific understanding to be the be all and end all and then there are those that strive to further the understandings of science.

Skeptics are essential to science but so are visionaries and those with imagination.

What we (humans) understand and 'know' can be compared to a drop of water next to the ocean.

Your clearly passionate about this topic and thats great, this is the perfect forum for that kind of thing.
But try not to be too aggressive about it. We are all here to share ideas and try to learn more.

Is basing one's ideas on current evidence agressive? I hope not. Is being skeptical about science closed minded? I hope not too!

I'm very pro science. My intent was not to create a science debate, but rather to understand the thinking of those that prefer mythology over evidence.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

To me, ET actally means an Extraterrestrial Biological Entity. Meaning they're made out of 'real' stuff (biological is the key here).

Why do so many on ATS equate EBE's to magick/religion/interdimensional beings? Surely they're missing the point of EBE's - i.e. other living entities based on chemistry.

Well I think the term EBE comes from the Majestic 12 documents...but I won't swear to it. I haven't noticed a tendency for that term to be used more with 'extra-dimensional" and/or "magical" but I'll take your word for it. I don't recall whether the Majestic 12 documents mention the possibility of extra-dimensional beings but it's possible that the concept was started there...I'm not sure.

As for extra-dimensional beings being magical or extradimensional as being non-scientific....We'll obviously you'd be correct if the term 'magical' is being used literally. I think normally the term is used in the sense that "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."— Arthur C. Clarke....... Meaning that such advanced creatures could do things that would appear to be magical to us. As for the term extra-dimensional, it's not quite as looney of an Idea as you might think. It's actually based on very real, and respected scientific theory involving quantum physics.....Though I believe the term 'Dimensions' is being misused a bit. It should likely be called different 'Realities' to be more accurate. This theory is based on the 'Many World's Interpretation' of quantum physics. Rather than explain it myself, I'll let Wikipedia take over from here..... " The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that asserts the objective reality of the universal wavefunction, but denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse. Many-worlds implies that all possible alternative histories and futures are real, each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). It is also referred to as MWI, the relative state formulation, the Everett interpretation, the theory of the universal wavefunction, many-universes interpretation, or just many-worlds.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

No they're not insane, but you are lacking in research. Our forefather researchers told us that the alien mystery was paranormal, yet there was physical evidence. Paranormal becoming a reality would challenge our thoughts and beliefes about the "religion/interdimensional" which has been pointed out time and time again by those unwilling to inform the masses about alien bodies in existence.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

i get what you meen, but i must confess i sometimes use the wrong terminolagy in some of my posts. i think that as long as you understand what they are trying to say it doesnt really matter

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
EBE means extraterrestrial biological entity. ET means extraterrestrial. So the first E in EBE is ET. ET can be an adjective or a noun. EBE is a noun.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

I concur number 1.

top topics

join