It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have connection problems when RP was speaking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So I watched the GOP debate tonight on television for the first hour, then switched to my laptop for the last half hour. For the televised hour, they gave Ron Paul two questions (yes yes we all know they purposefully omit him). When the last half hour was being broadcast, RP spoke more often. BUT! My video was very jumpy and laggy around the time RP was going to speak and cleared up when he was no longer given any questions.

Did anybody else have this problem, or was I just having a difficult time buffering the live feed? I checked it on two different computers and the same thing happened.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Most likely a coincided. I doubt the media would go that far. Though who really knows? Anyways have you tried letting the video sit and buffer?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I did, and my connection speed is 21Mbps at speedtest.net.

But when Romney and Cain were talking -no problem at all. PERFECT.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
Most likely a coincided. I doubt the media would go that far. Though who really knows? Anyways have you tried letting the video sit and buffer?
How is that going any further then they already go? All the same stuff really, it wouldnt suprise me one bit.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob

Well it was streaming just fine right up until bachman started speaking, and I think Paul spoke right after her. I couldn't hear the question or his response except for a few words here and there. This lasted maybe less than 10 minutes, the video cleared up, and RP was not given any more time to speak. Crystal clear for the remainder of the debate though.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
LOL,

I am earing a nice ripe AVACADO FROM MEXCIDO.

WHAT?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

Same here. I wasn't really paying attention, was actually reading with my kid. But I noticed a few times when he spoke, the screen went blue here!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I had streaming problems.

Oddly enough, the stream was perfect leading up to the East coast cut off.

All the Candidates experienced a hick up here or there, but when Ron Paul spoke my stream froze and then skipped ahead to the next candidate.

I had about 18 mbps download (per speedtest.net). I also tried setting the stream quality to Low with no change.

Also, I couldn't vote when the Poll was running, nor could I sign onto Live chat.
edit on 12-11-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I just took a look at the replies in the CBS GOP Debate thread that is still being discussed now. Replies from 9pm-9:15pm all report video/audio difficulties.
CBS GOP Debate tonite

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
No. No problems at all.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Definite problems with the stream for a few candidates, Ron Paul was not one of them.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
No. No problems at all.

You're in Alaska? Why watch the stream when you got the Broadcast on TV?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Working on a Desktop Publishing Project for new marketing contract I start in a few days. Can't make out the TV with my reading glasses on because it's in the other room and I can't make out the computer screen with my regular glasses on.

I hope that's enough detail
Strange question.

top topics

join