It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superhydrophobic spray means no more clothes to wash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
My only question is on the breathabillity of the fabric after application, imagine wearing a plastic bag, one of the reasons Cotton is so good is it draws moisture away from the skin, Imagine swimming in your own sweat as your cloths keeps it on your skin?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

This is why westerners generally consider eastern cultures (where non cotton fabrics are more prevalent) peoples to be "smelly".

For this reason alone, I always wear cotton boxers, and a cotton Hanes undershirt.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My only fear is many nanomaterials usually have very bad biotoxic properties.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

I was reading an article a while back about ways humanity may die off. One of the top ten reasons was Nano-polution, as we are already starting to use products with it and no one has really done long term studies that inhaled or stray nano-particles do to people, one study that was done showed them to be Carcinogenic.

We could accidentally be doing the Asbestos thing again (putting it everywhere before realizing it causes cancer)
edit on 13-11-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's an obvious question. What happens if a fully clothed person jumps into cold water? I want to see that.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
odor permeates everything. You wouldn't be able to wash all the nasty smell you pick up from random things throughout the day( sweat, cigarette smoke, tear gas) if it even picks up smell.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Originally posted by thegoods724
y stop at clothes how bout our entire bodies

Couldn't that make sweat just run off and make you overheat?

Or keep sweat in and kill you?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
Wow You could wear the same pair of boxer shorts or panties for over a year and they would still be clean nice!!!!

NOT!
#

Nah im just going to coat my skin in the stuff and I wont have to bath again..!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ah nice..

And 5 years later we have new cancer outbreaks because we became more and more lazy to do the basic stuff in our lives..

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This seems like it will be perfect to add into the clear coat of cars. I mean imagine that. Your car would hardly get dirty or rust. It would be great for windshields better than Rain-X.

I don't know if I would put that on my clothes though. Not sure of the side effects
edit on 13-11-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
reply to post by thegoods724

Because that would be as smart as plugging up your rectum and urethra, unless you could figure out how to perform those functions through your mouth and nose.

Sounds to me like hes already halfway there!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join