It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Declaration of Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I seen one thread bringing up this topic back in 2003 with 0 flags and replys.
I just found this article written by Dr. Timothy Leary called the declaration of evolution
i figured 8 years of no talk about this, i would bring it back up for discussion.

Quick read, any thoughts?

When in the course of organic evolution it becomes obvious that a mutational process is inevitably dissolving the physical and neurological bonds which connect the members of one generation to the past and inevitably directing them to assume among the species of Earth the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and Nature's God entitle them, a decent concern for the harmony of species requires that the causes of the mutation should be declared. We hold these truths to be self evident: That all species are created different but equal; That they are endowed, each one, with certain inalienable rights; That among them are Freedom to Live, Freedom to Grow, and Freedom to pursue Happiness in their own style; That to protect these God-given rights, social structures naturally emerge, basing their authority on the principles of love of God and respect for all forms of life; That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of life, liberty, and harmony, it is the organic duty of the young members of that species to mutate, to drop out, to initiate a new social structure, laying its foundations on such principles and organizing its power in such form as seems likely to produce the safety, happiness, and harmony of all sentient beings. Genetic wisdom, indeed, suggests that social structures long established should not be discarded for frivolous reasons and transient causes. The ecstasy of mutation is equally balanced by the pain. Accordingly all experience shows that members of a species are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, rather than to discard the forms to which they are accustomed.

source

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Nice. I believe it's already happening. But maybe on a much larger scale than merely a socio-political one. Here's a slimmed down version of what I wrote on another thread yesterday....

There is a gradual shift of consciousness occurring. And this shift coincides with a number of other events. The rise of the internet (we now have more access to other’s information and ideas than ever before), the rise of a generation of people who for the first time have been raised to care for the planet, the fact that our now planet is on the brink of collapse due to the activities of our forebears, an increase in violence everywhere ideas and freedom of expression are still (openly) oppressed.

It is it as if both the progression of technology and thought has just been slowly rising and now everything has taken off exponentially. It is make or break time for the world today but it is my thought that everything in this world is unfolding exactly how it is meant to. This which gives me hope that everything will turn out okay. I don't buy into this negativity which seems to pervade society today and to tell you the truth I suspect this is part of the problem

edit on 12/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

At least now this statement is one flag closer toward what it deserves......

edit on 12/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury
Quick read, any thoughts?

When in the course of organic evolution it becomes obvious that a mutational process is inevitably dissolving the physical and neurological bonds which connect the members of one generation to the past and inevitably directing them to assume among the species of Earth the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and Nature's God entitle them, a decent concern for the harmony of species requires that the causes of the mutation should be declared. We hold these truths to be self evident: That all species are created different but equal; That they are endowed, each one, with certain inalienable rights;

Quick read from Wikipedia Timothy Francis Leary (October 22, 1920 – May 31, 1996) was an American psychologist and writer, known for his advocacy of psychedelic drugs. During a time when drugs like '___' and psilocybin were legal, Leary conducted experiments at Harvard University under the Harvard Psilocybin Project, resulting in the Concord Prison Experiment and the Marsh Chapel Experiment. Both studies produced useful data, but Leary and his associate Richard Alpert were fired from the university.

The whole evolution thing sounds Orwellian or Aldoux Huxley from Brave New World. Did you get that from the Georgia Guidestones, or do you think Timothy Leary influenced the Georgia Guidestones and the elites plans for reducing the world's population? Oh but it's evolution right, I think I will be happy with my Pig Goblin Glenn beck who talks about creation. He's isn't near as bad or obnoxious as Timothy Leary.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Yes, I agree that we are about to experience an unprecedented growth in all the areas that have been so surpressed and lacking for so long! I am an optimist and look forward to it too!

top topics

join