It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant...I mean, radiation, from space!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
"Experts said the origin of the radiation - which has been spreading for about two weeks - remained a mystery but could come from many possible sources ranging from medical laboratories or hospitals to nuclear submarines.

Paddy Regan, a professor of nuclear physics at Britain's University of Surrey, said the suggestion that it may have leaked from a radiopharmaceuticals maker 'sounds very sensible and totally reasonable.'

'It would be very unlikely for it to have come from Fukushima since the accident was so many months ago and iodine-131 has a brief half-life,' he said." (That half life is about eight days.)

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Where is the discussion of the volume of this release and the amount and type of emitters?

Where is it pointed out how stars can suddenly send radiation to specific areas of our world within eight days of it being formed within those stars?

Where is it discussed that somebody must of had an accident of some noteable proportion rather than chit-chat about the possible typical rather harmless sounding causes?

I admit to being totally ignorant about this whole subject and it obviously shows. But It seems to me to be a ripe subject for discussion on ATS whether something sinister, covert or harmless.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Yeah, I had read that article just a short while ago, and had many of the same thoughts.

The idea that it could not have come from Japan, due to the half-life, yet they say that it could have possibly come from distant stars, was particularly ridiculous. They even threw in that picture of the nebula right at the start to amaze and confuse.

I think I recall them even positing that it could be the result of people walking around after receiving radiation treatments.

Sure.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Elenin's debris field?

kidding
edit on 12-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I just read on Fox news this:

At least 17 Guard members were killed, state TV reported. The broadcast said 16 other soldiers were injured and hospitalized. Sharif said some of them were in critical condition.

Earlier, Sharif had said that 27 soldiers were killed but later retracted his statement, explaining that the error was due to an illegible fax from officials at the site of the blast. Among those killed was Hasan Moghaddam, a senior Guard commander.

While the explosion occurred during a time of heightened tension between Israel, the U.S. and other Western powers, Iranian lawmaker Parviz Soroori ruled out sabotage.

"No sabotage was involved in this incident. It has nothing to do with politics," Soroori was quoted as saying by the parliament's website, icana.ir.

An exiled Iranian dissident group, the Mujahedin-e Khalq or MEK, meanwhile claimed that the blast hit a missile base run by the Revolutionary guard rather than

Read more: www.foxnews.com...>#ixzz1dXQKfiew

I'll go out on a limb and say this makes me suspect that it was a missile hit, probably a high-velocity, bunker buster missile directed to hit an Iran installation where nuclear material (warheads?) were being held.

It would take nothing more than a wind chart of Iran and europe to show the direction from where this fallout was coming from. Of course, if this were the case, the story is only beginning to open for us.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord

Elenin's debris field?

Please let this senseless topic die!
Pushing it does you a disservice.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

yet they say that it could have possibly come from distant stars, was particularly ridiculous.

why is that ridiculous?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

I'm guessing because of the 8 day half life making it highly unlikely that it would have had the time to arrive here.

new topics

top topics

join