It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Special Forces Storm Russian School After Explosives Detonated

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It is easy to say that Russians needs to learn.... but What else u can do? I know whatever happened is bad but they had no choice. According to news, firing started inside building. How long it would have took them to kill 100 innocent kids? even my error they would have killed more than that. I am sure same thing would have happened in US or anywhere in world also.

Originally posted by deeozz
BBC live feed just reported that there are over 100 dead bodies in the gymnasium. These Russians really need to learn how to handle hostage situations.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I heard on TV, but I do not remember if it was Portuguese TV, Sky News or CNN, that most of the deaths in the gym where caused by the falling of the ceiling, after the explosions.

Yep there have been reports on this,

I think its all still alittle confusing on what happened
I think once the dust settles we will no more of the facts.

Ok what we know so far
*100 bodies inside the building
*409 injured
*Women suicide bomber thought to have blew herself up by mistake
*10 hostage takers shot dead during the siege
*13 escaped and reported to be in a house
*Locals involved in the siege using their own guns
*Reports now saying troops are in control
*Hostages are all removed from the school

Another update: Tass are reporting that there is still shooting coming form with in the building!!

[edit on 3-9-2004 by asala]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Oz tv reported that there were explosives 'rigged' to the ceiling of the gym and they were
the cause of the collapse and fire.

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Who are these hippies making excuses for the Chechens?! "They're occupied let them kill children to get their message out their." Russians are in Russia supressing a rebellion they didn't invade Chechnya. As we can see already some people her are expressing sympathy for the Chechans. Terrorism works. Russia needs to stop dicking around with Chechnya. Putin should end that problem once and for all. Bye Bye Grozny.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
"Reports are a woman blew herself up by accident, blew a whole in the wall, kids escaped through the whole then they were shot at by the terrorists, then the Russians moved in."

Where are the Muslims supporters today? where are the political correct stating islam is peaceful religion. They shut their mouths..

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
As we can see already some people her are expressing sympathy for the Chechans. Terrorism works. Russia needs to stop dicking around with Chechnya. Putin should end that problem once and for all. Bye Bye Grozny.

Well Grozny doesn't exist anymore, so bye bye has happened a while ago.

Politics aside, killing kids is a violation of the most important taboo the human race has as a whole, be it Muslim, Christian, Buddhist or Later Day Saints. Therefore, the movement that did this needs to be exterminated, literally.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
No matter what, people are going to blame everyone on this - this is such a tragic occurance. There is much confusion and pain and there will be for a while. My own heart cries for the children, parents, teachers, families.

My heart and prayers go out to all the families involved with this.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If the separatists want separation from Russia why they killed Ossetians, and most of all Ossetian children, the majority of them also wanted separation from Russia when the USSR was dismembered.
Also, some Ossetians are muslims.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Mosques all around the world fund these terrorists.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Update

Head hostage taker still in the school reports that 3 militants are in the basement!!!

reports saying that they are blocked in!

[edit on 3-9-2004 by asala]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I certainly wouldn't blame the Russians if they turned Chechnya into a parking lot in retaliation.
Taking children hostage - may death be visited upon the perpetrators of this crime as well as their children.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thinker, now is not the time for you to be sitting there spouting hateful ignorant 1liners, stop it now.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
HEADLINES TOMORROW

Muslims leaders condem terrorism. Like for the 2 millionth time.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bios
I certainly wouldn't blame the Russians if they turned Chechnya into a parking lot in retaliation.
Taking children hostage - may death be visited upon the perpetrators of this crime as well as their children.

Their kids also ?? owow, so their kids dont matter ?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph

Not anymore - the consequences of their bad judgement.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker

Do you know them?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Just a reminder of why the forces went in:

Russian forces opened fire on armed gunmen after they shot at children trying to escape the school siege.

Senior Russian security official Valery Andreyev said hostages being held in the school in Beslan tried to escape after a number of explosions.

"The hostages started running out of the building," he said.

"The rebels opened fire in order to kill children. In order to save their lives we have also opened fire.

www.sky.com...

SKYNEWS

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

ah so although it the worst thing to do its still fine to kill their children, and this Chechnyian women whos kid is killed also, and kills a russian kid is wrong ? thats what i mean, it never stops if morons like you have charge and they have. Its so stupid to kill eachothers kids and think this will solve anything...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Thinker

Do you know them?

No

I watched an australian documentary on terrorism. Where guys would visit mosques in asutralia to fund cheyne rebels. Stuff like this i guess.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

ah so although it the worst thing to do its still fine to kill their children, and this Chechnyian women whos kid is killed also, and kills a russian kid is wrong ? thats what i mean, it never stops if morons like you have charge and they have. Its so stupid to kill eachothers kids and think this will solve anything...

I'm sure the Chechnyan rebels responsible for this tragedy are thankful for your support.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by bios]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join