It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Special Forces Storm Russian School After Explosives Detonated

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
what caused it was a group of kids escaped and the reblels follwed them and opened fire this then cause the Russian troops to think fast on go in.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Watching Oz tv now, explosions still going off and the number of terrorists is being
estimated at approx' 40.

Sanc'.

BBC Radio 4 reporting that th Russian are having to send in bomb disposal tams to deal with many booby-traps and mines

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
what caused it was a group of kids escaped and the reblels follwed them and opened fire this then cause the Russian troops to think fast on go in.

Member of the Duma on BBc Radio 4 saying there was an on-going disagreement between factions within the hostage takers. Speculations that it might have spilled over into firefight

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph

Originally posted by asala
Security Chief says school storm was not planned

This has been confirmed, Something caused them to go in

What ? they sniffed to much bad coke and had to go in cause the devil told em ? Making people kill your own children is maybe even worse then taking em in the first place..offcourse it was not planned, how can you sell to the rest of the world that you put the lives of a whole lots of kids on stake

Could you know any less?

The gunman mowed down some children that were escaping, thats what caused the Russians to go in.

But Im sure you have a good excuse for terrorist killing little kids.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Reports are saying that another 27 children have been evaquated,

aslo local people were armed and where shooting as well!

The security chief just had an interview, so im just trying to read the news flashes on the screen so ill keep updating this bit,

So far he said
*russian troops have siezed the school
*100 bodys in school gym
*400 reported injured
*local where shooting as well
*over 200 injured believed to be children
*hostage ran out of school

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Its also reported that the terrorists refused to give the kids food or water.

They had to drink their own urine.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Flyer]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The kids were so thirsty they had to drink there own urine (sp)

this has come from childern they have spoken too,

www.sky.com...

news link give you the latest on whats happening

[edit on 3-9-2004 by asala]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Reports are saying that the first loud explosion was caused by a female hostage taker mistakenly blowing her self up!!!

link   
what Asala, just said beat me to it lol .

[edit on 3/9/2004 by SE7EN]

link   
Reports are a woman blew herself up by accident, blew a whole in the wall, kids escaped through the whole then they were shot at by the terrorists, then the Russians moved in.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yeah flyer its always easy to look at it from one side. Bad things happen when people are occupied for years under the worst conditions...then they strike back, iam not trying to say its right, but its 2 wrongs, and in my opinion the one who makes the first wrong is the real quilty one, cheers

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
BBC live feed just reported that there are over 100 dead bodies in the gymnasium. These Russians really need to learn how to handle hostage situations.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
They are scum who killed little kids, stripped them naked, didnt let them eat or drink.

Sadly Islamists prove time and time again they are the lowest level of humanity.

If they want to strike back, why not strike back at the people they are fighting, the Russian army?

So now Muslims have killed Christians, by your twisted logic, it is ok for me to go out and randomly kill an 8 year muslim, after all they killed the Christians 1st.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
They are scum who killed little kids, stripped them naked, didnt let them eat or drink.

Sadly Islamists prove time and time again they are the lowest level of humanity.

If they want to strike back, why not strike back at the people they are fighting, the Russian army?

So now Muslims have killed Christians, by your twisted logic, it is ok for me to go out and randomly kill an 8 year muslim, after all they killed the Christians 1st.

sorry, maybe u cant read but i never said, go out and kill, i said thats wrong. Well u just repeating yourself, maybe u should read some stuff about whats happening in Chechnya..
and then what i said, cheers,

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Another update:

10 hostage takers where killed in the shoot out.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeozz
BBC live feed just reported that there are over 100 dead bodies in the gymnasium. These Russians really need to learn how to handle hostage situations.

This was an exceptionally tough hostage situation. These rarely have happy endings. There was fire coming out of the school most of the time, and reported explosions inside.

It's easy to second guess and issue advice from your armchair battle station.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

and in my opinion the one who makes the first wrong is the real quilty one, cheers

Ok, in my scenario that means the terrorists are realy guilty and not me for killing a kid.

You have the same twisted logic as a terrorist, you can justify wrongs inside your mind which means its ok to take revenge on innocent people.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

To be honest as far as we know at the moment, they had no choice but to go in, reports are that a woman hostage taker blew her self up in there,

[edit on 3-9-2004 by asala]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I heard on TV, but I do not remember if it was Portuguese TV, Sky News or CNN, that most of the deaths in the gym where caused by the falling of the ceiling, after the explosions.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

and in my opinion the one who makes the first wrong is the real quilty one, cheers

Ok, in my scenario that means the terrorists are realy guilty and not me for killing a kid.

You have the same twisted logic as a terrorist, you can justify wrongs inside your mind which means its ok to take revenge on innocent people.

omg

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join