It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world at seven billion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
We are living in an era of huge population growth.

In 1804 there were 1 billion people on the earth.
by 1927 2 billion.
by 1957 3 billion
1974 4 billion
1987 5 billion
1999 6 billion
2011 7 billion people

the world’s population is growing by 200’000 people a day

lack of space shouldn’t be a problem
theoretically everybody on this planet could fit into France with room to spare.

will our numbers keep rising ?

yes, according to UN predictions as stated on this BBC video
yes, for a few more decades
more people are in their reproductive years than ever before.
more children survive thanks to better health care and sanitation.
and people are living longer

the UN’s best estimate is that
2025 will see 8 billion people
2050 9 billion and by the end of
2100 10 billion people on our planet.

a higher prediction of the UN has nearly 16 billion by the end of 2100

much of the increase will be driven by poor countries, many already without enough food and water

in the next 40 years Ethiopia could see a rise from 80 million to 145 million

In contrast, in Germany also approx 80 million people now but their population could fall to 75 million by 2050

there could be a world population fall. the UN’s lowest estimate by 2100 is just over 6 billion people because global fertility is already falling.

in 1950 women had 5 children each on average compared to 2,5 today

in many parts of the world the fertility rate has fallen so much that their population numbers can safely be predicted to fall

but whatever the long term prediction, for the coming decades we can expect more and more people on the planet

www.bbc.co.uk...

I for one, I admire China’s one child policy !

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bestintentions

I think that people should stop reproducing to be honest.

Yes, the miracle of life is a wonderful thing, but look at the world in which we live in.

We are running low on resources and it's only going to get worse...

I truly believe that people should really look at the world around them, not just in their neighborhood, but globally. Before having children, really look around at the starvation rates, the politicians with itchy trigger fingers, the rising food costs, everything. Really look and then decide if you really want to bring a child into this world.

~Quyll

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i think a fewer population would solve many more problems than just the shortage of resources.

maybe fewer people could also live more peacefully together

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestintentions
i think a fewer population would solve many more problems than just the shortage of resources.

maybe fewer people could also live more peacefully together
You should volunteer for culling then. Agenda 21 sounds perfect for you.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Bit by bit, China is backing off of its one-child policy, allowing more and more exceptions. They have a huge elderly population, with not enough young to support them. Also, couples frequently aborted female fetuses in the interest of having a son to carry on the family name, resulting in more than one generation of young men who have no hope of ever finding wives.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Instead of feeding 3rd world countries - distribute condoms!
Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Look at the dramatic increase this graph displays. We're going to reach our limit if we don't change.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

That's crazy!

Like I said in my previous post, people need to really look at the world around them and decide whether or not this world is a good place for a growing child.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The world at seven billion

is 6 1/2 billion too many...well...according to the Georgia Stones...

Georgia Guidestones

It is becoming a struggle for resources. And will only get worse with time. As I responded in another thread yesterday, procreation might get forbidden at one point. Or worse, a Logan's run scenario...

This is a very serious problem and a very good topic. S&F !!!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I for one, I admire China’s one child policy !

Snap, but it is the only thing I admire about the Chinese. I am sickened to the bone by their treatment of animals. i.e. Bile Farming, Live Skinning of animals, the list goes on.

Back on topic, I believe it is because we have become the ultimate predator, there is no animal that hunt us. We killed them all off a few thousand years ago.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Over population will be a self correcting issue. We'll reach a point where the world simply won't be able to hold anymore people and the population will plateau. It'll plateau before there are any food shortages.

edit on 12-11-2011 by de Thor because: phrasing

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by de Thor
Over population will be a self correcting issue. We'll reach a point where the world simply won't be able to hold anymore people and the population will plateau. It'll plateau before there are any food shortages.

edit on 12-11-2011 by de Thor because: phrasing

No it isn't, that's a 'feel-good' theory that the over-population elites like to spout off.
All this talk of culling being a ptb theory is crazy.
Ever seen Solyent Green?
That's what's coming but mother nature takes care of business pretty well in her own way too!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

by DarthMuerte

thank you for your kind considerations, but I was thinking more on the lines of individual responsibility in this matter. the highest good for humanity and the world is at stake here.

many countries in Europe have a negative birth rate. mainly in big cities. people do so by their own choice I believe. I am one of them.

this is a way better method, than having it forced upon people by their governments. I can see the tragic of this implementation in china. there are always low scums around.

I also think that the laws in regards to adoptions are too difficult.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

by DarthMuerte

thank you for your kind considerations, but I was thinking more on the lines of individual responsibility in this matter. the highest good for humanity and the world is at stake here.

many countries in Europe have a negative birth rate. mainly in big cities. people do so by their own choice I believe. I am one of them.

Alas for although Europe may have a negative birth rate, non-european places are far from doing this and just seem to be breeding at breakneck speed!
I wonder how it'll pan out...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Don't think so Bro.
But a lower population would surely be easier to control, and fool as well.

Onto the OP,
There will be no major population growth, we will have wars and disease to curb our numbers in accordance with the "world leaders" plans.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

That sure is a neat chart over the course of 12k years.
I imagine you could take anything and show a huge spike too.
Say microsoft in 1983 no billions of dollars made till 2011 and how many billions made?
Big spike huh?
What about McDonalds hamburgers?
That would be a huge spike.
Listen, Mother Earth is similar to a dog, if she ever had too many fleas, she'd just shake em off.
You could fit the worlds current population into an area the size of Australia and have 1/4 acre for every man woman and child.
If you do not believe me, do the math!
Now keeping that in mind, we have more than a few continents to spare.

new topics

top topics

join