It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Sample Keebler Fudge Jumbo Stick for our Spanish friends.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Once in awhile I visit websites that promote freebies, well one of the sites I frequently visit is freakyfreddies.com.

Today I see a post titled "Free Sample Keebler Fudge Jumbo Stick for our Spanish friends. "
Link are the links: www.freakyfreddies.com... and www.startsampling.com...

This offends me, am I the only one it offends? Why is it only for spanish speaking people?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
In school if you bring a snack for yourself (if your teachers were cool enough to let you do it sometimes), be prepared to share with the whole class. (diabetics excluded from the rule of course) So yeah, I'm kind of offended. Spanish speakers are not the only minority, yet on many applications it is asked specifically if you are Latin (and I'm not talking if it asks race...I mean I have literally seen an application for WIC ask Latin yes or no) Not trying to be racist myself...just saying it implies they are in on something white, black, Asian, Indian, native American ect. are not granted the option to. Sometimes I wonder if questions like that are actually discriminate tward them (IDK if it means better or worse benefits, but from what I've seen I think it means extra benefits...usually) in which case if it helps or hurts benefits still racist. It's just a strange thing you see more and more of, somebody's getting discriminated no matter what (promotion, job/assitance applications ect.) asking the question, in this case it's just everyone else getting left out of the loop.
edit on 12-11-2011 by PutAQuarterIn because: rearrange

ETA. I really want to let it be known I'm in no way trying to be racist, just wondering why more and more things ask if you are a certain race, instead of just asking what race you are.
edit on 12-11-2011 by PutAQuarterIn because: add

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

I don't know what is that about but "Spanish" refers only to people from Spain (I am Spanish). "Hispanic" is a different word and refers to people from a Spanish speaking country (Latin America). Just saying!
Either way, I agree it is stupid to offer something just to a certain group of people. Silly!

join