It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who want's to make a nice trip to Libya,come on don't be shy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

TextRights to remain silent: US quiet on Libyan human rights

TextLibya's post-Gaddafi world is showing a lurch towards radical Islam, with strict Sharia law and Al-Qaeda flags in evidence there. But are the US and NATO truly concerned about it? Not so long ago, the US media presented Libyan rebels as freedom-loving folks, yearning for democracy. After Gaddafi’s killing the narrative changed, with major news outlets raising questions about the atrocities committed by the rebels and their devotion to hardline Islam. Sharia law, which is now being introduced in Libya, is considered to be, for the most part, incompatible with democratic values, especially when it comes to women’s rights. But many experts believe that whatever the new Libyan government’s domestic policies, it will not stop the US from making nice with them. “Saudi Arabia for instance has the most extreme form of Sharia law. Women are not allowed to drive cars, are not allowed to vote. The crime for adultery for women is the death penalty in Saudi Arabia. And none of this seems to bother the powers that be in Washington…because Saudi Arabia does the bidding of the United States in this oil-rich region,” Brian Becker from the ANSWER coalition told RT. “Saudi Arabia being a dictatorship and not a democratic state, yet America is a big ally and a big supporter of Saudi Arabia. That just shows that we really don’t care if we’re working with democracies or we’re working with dictatorships. What we care about is our interests in the region,” says Hasan Shibly from the Council on American-Islamic

thecomingcrisis.blogspot.com...(source)

I don't know about you but I think that next year I will visit Libya in fact I think it;s not that bad!
edit on 12-11-2011 by diamondsmith because: Visit Libya!

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Nov 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Any pics from you with amazing Libyan sites?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i really wouldnt mind going there now or even to yemen

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

Yeah I suppose they have great sites to visit like any other country on this planet!!

top topics

join