It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS GOP Debate tonite

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I just witnessed people who want to be President of the United States say COVERT OPS, TORTURE TORTURE, KILL, KILL

I have been telling people for years the republicans are tribal cavemen and our society is degenerating into barbarianism. Finally people are seeing reality, 10 years too late unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

that is complete and utter bull...

Time to write CBS...!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Cannot find the poll but linked to another page where the news team discuss the various candidates and guess what? RP is not one of them!!!

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

How long was this debate? He said that was the end of the first hour, but I thought it was only an hour long? Did Paul only get that 89 seconds for the rest of the debate?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Does anyone realize that these candidates tonight have "showed their cards" in regards to foreign policy and covert operations?

We have proven to the world that we are willing to publicly admit that we use secret forces to manipulate other nations and their governments!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by conar

How long was this debate? He said that was the end of the first hour, but I thought it was only an hour long? Did Paul only get that 89 seconds for the rest of the debate?

Hour on television for east coast viewers.

West Coast viewers were able to watch the full 90 min. on TV.

On the east coast we had to watch the last 30 min online.

It was extremely stupid to break it up like that, a lot of people could not even watch it online
as the stream would keep skipping from the lack of bandwith on CBS's side.
edit on 12-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
OMG what in the world can we do? I mean come on people, I asked my ex fater in law an ex preacher who he planned to vote for and he had never even heard of RP!

It is outrageous! In the youtube vid posted ion this thread where it shows RP having only 89 seconds of time, WHO WERE all the people who were clapping for him? I mean all of the cameras go to staunch faced stiff necks sitting there NOT clapping and cheering?????

The fricking media has its way again!!!

WHAT can I do?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I swear they censor Paul like they did Elvis in the day. His words are too provocative to show on TV like a pair of gyrating hips were too sexually provocative for the post WWII generation. But unlike then, the people aren't screaming for a sexual revolution, the people are screaming for an honest intellectual revolution.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I swear they censor Paul like they did Elvis in the day. His words are too provocative to show on TV like a pair of gyrating hips were too sexually provocative for the post WWII generation. But unlike then, the people aren't screaming for a sexual revolution, the people are screaming for an honest intellectual revolution.

The problem with this is Elvis was new and exciting. We're just trying to go back to where we started in this country. If the constitution and the idea of freedom and liberty are too 'radical' or 'extreme' for the people of the United States, then we truly do have a problem... especially when the alternative is more war and bloodshed.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
So far Ron Paul is the only one who answers a question directly!
How many times can Mitt answer his own questions and not the one presented? How many times can he redirect the question toward Obama? JUST ANSWER THE GODDAMN QUESTION! Then He first says it's not against the Iranian people then says more sanctions? Doesn't that just hurt the people?
Newt says covert military attacks?

I see the same ole crap except for one man.

I read a couple years ago that Iranian students were suggesting sanctions....so that should tell you something. The students are against the dictatorship. And what did POTUS do about the revolution protests there? The answer is NOTHING. He completely turned his back on those students getting beat by the Iranian Guard.
edit on 13-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Host: "Again, security, Mr. Cain. Could you broaden your answer some, and bring it together for us?" Herman Cain: "Apples and Oranges." *crowd cheers*

Herman Cain will continue to use the "apples and oranges" phrase to distract from the fact we now know his past career aspirations focused more intently on squeezing some females' peaches.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

How many times can Mitt answer his own questions and not the one presented? How many times can he redirect the question toward Obama? JUST ANSWER THE GODDAMN QUESTION! Then He first says it's not against the Iranian people then says more sanctions? Doesn't that just hurt the people?

I read a couple years ago that Iranian students were suggesting sanctions....so that should tell you something. The students are against the dictatorship. And what did POTUS do about the revolution protests there? The answer is NOTHING. He completely turned his back on those students getting beat by the Iranian Guard.

And who helped us in our revoltion? Aside from France being in their own war at the time, absolutely nobody. We did it on our own and so can they.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Christ, if they're gonna continue to allow that dillweed, Perry, to participate in these debates after his last debacle, then I demand that my pug, GloGlo, be allowed to take the stage and debate the issues, too. It's only right.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I did not - and will not watch the debate. If I want to watch apes throw poop at each other and the audience, i'll go take the ferry and see the zoo at Point Defiance. I've watched the last two, and the only thing I got out of it was shame. Shame for the candidates, shame that they are representing one of my nation's two majority parties, shame that one of them might have a shot at running said country, and shame on myself for wasting that much time to bear witness to this tragedy. So I can't really comment on any specifics.

What i've gathered - here, on right-wing and left-wing forums as well, is that CBS botched the hell out of this, on every level. I've never actually considered CBS a "contender," as far as the media goes - they seem like the ghetto version of CBN half the time. But really, cutting off the last half hour? For real?! That alone is rather disgusting - even for me, who thinks that the whole thing was too long by an hour and a half. I can't stress it enough, if you're going to do something, do it right.

Which brings us to Ron Paul. Excuse me, he got a minute and a half out of that? Look guys, you've seen me around, you know I regard Ron Paul like a Michelin three-star restaurant regards sewer backflow. But damn, CBS! If you're going to give him a podium, give him his fair damn share of time! Frankly this holes for all the candidates, but when even Huntsman gets more time? Damn, that ain't right.

For folks looking at Cain and going "what are you doing, man?!" I'll tell you what he's doing - self sabotague. it's intentional. He's trying to scuttle his own campaign. Much like Fred Thompson, he has no actual desire to be president - this is a campaign to put his face into the minds of the American public. It's essentially an advertising campaign, with the theory that all publicity is good publicity. At some point, he's going to drop out - not because he's losing in the polls (as Mike Tyson put it, "'cause the tea party loves crazy more than they hate black," so Cain's probably not gonna slip far) but because he never intended to take it all the way in the first place.

Now, I want to break honest with all of you... none of these guys has a remote chance at beating Obama. Even Saint Paul wouldn't be able to pull it off, and he's frankly the best you've got. At this point, the only thing that could beat Obama is Obama himself.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yeah, it suggests that those "students" were CIA operatives. or that they were just terribly, terribly stupid people.

Sanctions punish the people of a nation for the crimes of its leaders. Sort of like how austerity punished the citizens of a nation for the misdeeds of its elite. Sanctions simply do not work, ever.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

And who helped us in our revoltion? Aside from France being in their own war at the time, absolutely nobody. We did it on our own and so can they.

Oh, righto, but my point of reference is that POTUS got involved in Libya but ignored Iran.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yeah, it suggests that those "students" were CIA operatives. or that they were just terribly, terribly stupid people.

Sanctions punish the people of a nation for the crimes of its leaders. Sort of like how austerity punished the citizens of a nation for the misdeeds of its elite. Sanctions simply do not work, ever.

What? You are just making a wild assumption with zero basis. Also I read of this before the Iranian protest.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

But damn, CBS! If you're going to give him a podium, give him his fair damn share of time! Frankly this holes for all the candidates, but when even Huntsman gets more time? Damn, that ain't right.

That's pretty much the only thing in quite a while I've witnessed you say that I actually agree with. So, star for that I guess. Even tho you are officially on record as saying Ron Paul is "basically a self-centered sociopath. "

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-11-2011 by Wookiep because: Figured I'd add the link.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

And that's a statement that I stand by 100%. I also extend that appelation to everyone who supports Ron Paul. Here's an example why:

“What he should do is whatever he wants to do and assume responsibility for himself,” Paul responded, adding, “That’s what freedom is all about, taking your own risk. This whole idea that you have to compare and take care of everybody…”

The audience erupted into cheers, cutting off the Congressman’s sentence.

After a pause, Blitzer followed up by asking “Congressman, are you saying that society should just let him die?” to which a small number of audience members shouted “Yeah!”

"Let him die so I can save money and pat myself on the back about how 'free' I am!" - Ron Paul and his sycophants in a single sentence.
edit on 13/11/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

What? You are just making a wild assumption with zero basis. Also I read of this before the Iranian protest.

I actually gave my basis for assumption - sanctions do not harm the rulers of a nation. Ever. Was Fidel Casto feeling the pinch? Nope. North Korea's leaders seem really well-off. Saddam and his cronies were still building palaces when we invaded, weren't they? Myanmar's junta isn't feeling any economic woes. But in every single one of these nations that have fallen under sanctions, it is the people of that society who suffer. It is the bulk of hte population that suffers the deprivation from sanctions, whether it's simply the lack of auto parts for Cuba, or something as encompassing as the total and complete lack of basic medical equipment in Iraq. And I promise you, the new Arab Lague sanctions on Syria will get the same damn result.

Sanctions are actually designed this way - it was explicitly stated that the sanctions on Iraq, for instance, were so harsh in order to force the people of Iraq to stage a revolution to overthrow baathist rulership (A move which would have no doubt been MORE lethal than the sanctions, so it never materialized, post-sanctions)

Thus, my assumption is that there are only two categories of people who would ask for sanctions on their nation.
1) Very, very stupid people
or
2) agents for the government seeking to impose sanctions.
edit on 13/11/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join