It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A magnetic filament 700,000 km long from the sun could erupt next days when facing the Earth.The big

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Damn.
Time to revaluate THAT plan then...
That doesn't even give me enough time to put my boots on, never mind go to the store.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by fixer1967

Damn.
Time to revaluate THAT plan then...
That doesn't even give me enough time to put my boots on, never mind go to the store.

Not to mention get out of range of any nuclear reactors. They are all going blow if they cant shut down safely.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If Jan Alvestad doesn't call it. It probably ain't gonna happen -> www.solen.info...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am not a doomthread hater. Actually, quite the opposite. I like going through the What If's in my brain, and creating logical scenarios, and ways to survive them. I am prepared, so bring it on. >

Apart from that read about how small the earth is angually from the sun

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
And once again nothing...lol..crickets...

Our planet has a natural protection against this fear sprearers

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

Originally posted by Aestheteka
How long would we have, warning wise, from when the sun decided to cough up a nasty one at us to when it reaches us?
Usually, I plan my weekends depending on whether there was a solar flare (give or take 2 days and it should be nice weather), but I've also read that an EMP from the sun would hit us within 45 minutes.
Can anyone clarify?
There are a few large items I would like to purchase but not until I'm sure we're going to have a Carrington event. 2 days notice would do nicely. But if it was 45 minutes then I'd be out of look.

After doing so checking on the net I found out that an EMP travels at the speed of light so you could be looking at as little as 8 minutes going by that.

The pat awnsew to `how long does it take for the effects of a major CME from the sun to reach the Earth is `three to four days`

This is not the case.
The larger and more powerful the CME , the faster it will be traveling towards us.
The range seems to be somewheres between 18 hours and four days.
Sometimes a larger CME will even catch up with and pass a smaller one and reach Earth before the smaller one has even traveled half way here.
So , if you hear of a CME that is expected to reach Earth in less than a day , its time to be concerned.
If its expected to reach Earth in 8-12 hours , (I do believe this is possible) it is time to be VERY concerned.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well,well,well you ATS members,seems I get it right data missing and 'Gravity prevails'!!!!!!!!!

www.lmsal.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
if earth is hit by a solar flare and we have warning, it wasn't that massive.

If its one like 1857 major event, We will have No warning, but when the power is out and you can see the Aurora in Mexico, you know its happening.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

That would be a different cme, considering you say "morning" for the observed ribbon, and at a max speed of 3200 km/s that would still mean (and average is usually 500 or so, and generally not anywhere near that speed even) that it would be over 8 hours for anything to arrive from the sun, and yet the date is the same and you have the news above indicating 6am in the morning. That suggests to me that the news on the top there is for a different cme since the distance between the sun and the earth is 93 million km. Something is off about that news.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

What about 110,000km/second?Just think !This is the truth no matter you believe it or not!!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

SpaceWeather.com

MERCURY-DIRECTED CME: A significant coronal mass ejection (CME) blasted away from the sun's eastern hemisphere on Nov. 12th. Analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab say the cloud will hit Mercury on Nov. 13th at 1800 UT (+/- 7 hr) followed by Venus about one day later. The innermost planets are about to experience space weather.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

Just wait for November 14,15,16,17 a show for the generation to remember!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Right on, so 14, 15, 16, or 17 will be the number!
After this can I rest?
All of this doomsday day in day out is really making me unhealthy, I'm afraid to leave the house fearful I might look up just in time to see the meteor that is about to smash me!

Really though, I'll report on my situation on the 18th to let you know if I made it or not.
It is absolutely cool that even though we have evolved from the caveman mentality and have so many advances, that we could be sold such a bill of goods.
Please folks, get out and live some, so that one day you might die!
Part of the requirement of dying is life ending, if you never lived, what are you left with?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I love this thread.
So, tell me something, for those who understand what EMP and CME's effect and threat, what are you doing to protect yourself? Are you guys survivalists? Will you bug out if you're in the city?

A massive EMP from a nuclear bomb would give us no warning at all, so it's the type of thing you have to prepare for in advance. CME's now, which have been weak overall, take about 2-3 days to arrive. If we had a massive x45+ earth directed blast I am sure it would travel faster, so we can't count on the current time frame. If you hear about a massive earth directed solar flare in the upper x class, be prepared.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
It seems that every week someone post a thread involving a solar flare taking our electrical grid out.
Maybe this time it will happen....yeah right.

It happened in 1859, it can happen again.

The difference was in 1859 there was no electrical grid just telegraph wires.

The solar storm of 1859

Lots of kiddies on here like to sound tough and smart by mocking what has
happened before which means it can and WILL happen again.

When it does their humor will buy no solace.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

You'd think our governments would stop being mentally challenged and begin taking steps to protect the electrical grid.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Right on, so 14, 15, 16, or 17 will be the number!
After this can I rest?
All of this doomsday day in day out is really making me unhealthy, I'm afraid to leave the house fearful I might look up just in time to see the meteor that is about to smash me!

Really though, I'll report on my situation on the 18th to let you know if I made it or not.
It is absolutely cool that even though we have evolved from the caveman mentality and have so many advances, that we could be sold such a bill of goods.
Please folks, get out and live some, so that one day you might die!
Part of the requirement of dying is life ending, if you never lived, what are you left with?

Jeez, 3 days before my birthday... can't it happen on the 21st?

Lol, but really... so many false doomsday claims lately, when the real one happens... everyone is going to be "what a load of rubbish" and then BOOM, unprepared.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You make an almost valid point, however you seem to be under the assumption that our world leaders are on the up and up, that we've haven't been effing up the planet none stop, and in this '#stem' we live in that '# doesn't happen'.

Stay aware and keep your eyes open, this ain't Disneyland we are living in.
Observe what is happening all around us from different perspectives/levels of consciousness.
Get your 'wisdom-on'!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Obviously, these threads continue to be a hopeful outcome for those who have spent so much time preparing for the end of the world. I mean, should it not just be fair that some cybersleuths are ready with their attack tactics at the Wal-Mart for when it hits?

I wonder. . .does any militia group do that? Always keep an operative in or near a store in case it just breaks out?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Cmon now, be fair!
If we put off the apocalypse for another 3 days then what about the others who it will be a few days before their b-days?
We must arrange our apocalyses without regard to who may be discomforted, for fluidity of apocalypsi.
Apocalypsi, would that be the correct word for "more than one apocalypse"?
GRAMMAR CHECK PLZ?
Until then try to make the most of our current apocalypse and thank you for riding scary times air!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join