It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Menu Bar is Invisible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I don't think it's at my end, but the Gifs for the Black Menu Bar seem to have disappeared.

On another point, my points don't seem to be going up when I post?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well, my points are OK now, but I still don't have the black menu buttons appearing.

I tried doing a direct link to one of the button gifs, but got a dead link

If only a mod would help with this query.....!!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka If only a mod would help with this query.....!!
The images are hosted on a different server to reduce the overall load on the primary ATS server. You should be seeing them just fine.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
SO: Is it possible that I can access the original server but not the one they are on now, I access from work, and they use "Websense" which stops me from going to certain sites.

My second post on this thread had a link to one of the gifs, could you see the gif, as I cannot.

ps Have they been moved there recently, as I didn't have a problem until this week?

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Koka]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
do you see this gif?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
do you see this gif?

What gif...?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka What gif...?
(Try refreshing this page) If you still can't see the GIF, can you get to this website? www.sportztawk.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You might have your ad-blocker software a little too touchy.
Some Ad-blockers (maybe integrated in your firewall or browser) block images that don't reside on the same server as the page that calls them, it means you will be missing some members avatars and images linked in threads as well as the menu bar.

Find your ad-blocker settings and ease them off a notch.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
What gif...?

(Try refreshing this page)

If you still can't see the GIF, can you get to this website? www.sportztawk.com...

Well, "Websense" didn't block me, but I am getting a TCP_ERROR. So don't seem to be able to access the "sportztawk" site.

The thing is, they actually appeared briefly this morning, about 4 hrs ago, but then disappeared again.

SO: are you guys working on that area at the moment?

I'm not aware of an ad-blocker being active, and these are the only icons not appearing.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Koka]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka but I am getting a TCP_ERROR. So don't seem to be able to access the "sportztawk" site.
That's the problem at your end. SportzTawk.com is a pertty active sports discussion board. The images are hosted on that server (another dedicated server) to help reduce load/strain on the ATS server. If you're getting a TCP error on both the natural IP and domain name of SportzTawk.com, then there is something on your end blocking that specific domain or bank of IPs.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

If you're getting a TCP error on both the natural IP and domain name of SportzTawk.com, then there is something on your end blocking that specific domain or bank of IPs.

But why has it just started happening, were they recently moved there?

top topics

join