It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Forgiveness & Reconcilliation Writing Contest [Winners announced]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

In this Era of Disfunction, there is a genuine need for people to come together and reconcile their differences. Whether we are talking about family, community, faith or politics, it's obvious to this member that a chasm exists between individuals.

This contest is an opportunity for you to show in poetry, fiction or by fact and example, ways in which we can begin to repair the damage which has been wrought over the past.

T&C's apply

Title must contain [F&R]

No upper or lower word count limits

Any writing form acceptable

There will be three winners chosen, based solely on the number of flags their story receives from your fellow members.

The contest runs until midnight, November 30 and the winners announced the morning of December 1.

Winners only will get writer status, 5 'applauses' each and included in the Showcase of Winners.

edit on 12/11/11 by masqua because: sp

edit on 1/12/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Glad I found this. I love writing as much as I like puzzles.

I do have questions:

1. So we are to start a new thread with [F&R] in the title? ok. Do we denote "contest" in the title or body?

2. Are multiple entries allowed? Meaning, a new thread for a poem, a SS, etc?

I'll definitively be making a few contributions, if permitted.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
1. So we are to start a new thread with [F&R] in the title? ok. Do we denote "contest" in the title or body?

Yes. Be sure to put (F&R) in the title so I know it's for the contest and make a new thread for it in the Short Story forum.

2. Are multiple entries allowed? Meaning, a new thread for a poem, a SS, etc?

Absolutely. Enter as many times as you like. Each can be a seperate thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Great! I love the writing contests; those that I don't participate in, I usually read and flag. I think these writing events are part of ATS that are greatly underrated, or perhaps not noticed. There is SO much talent here.

eta: It's probably obvious to the writers, but those contests I DO participate I ALSO read the rest and flag.

NEVERmind. Can't dig yourself out of a hole.

edit on 12/11/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply.

I did do research, and saw I missed the Halloween contest. Grrr. But now, I think I see how it works: You make a thread in the SS forum, it floats through the new topics for 12 hours, and gets as many flags as it can. Good writing will draw in more flags. Darn, that's pretty challenging. However, I love puzzles, writing, and challenges, in no particular order.

I also made SS a favorite forum, something I should've done a while ago.

First entry on it's way....

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I also 'top' the contest entries so that they always lead the list on the forum page. If you look now,, you'll see that this thread itself is 'topped'.

When anyone starts a thread with (F&R) in the title, it goes up there too. That way, it's easy to see all the submissions without having to hunt through other un-related threads. After the contest ends and the winners are announced, I 'un-top' everything.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I gotcha. I also love the way you have it worked out. Understood. I submitted my first entry already, and have several more en route over the next few days, waiting a bit to see how the flagging goes, and getting my feet wet.

Thanks for explaining. If I have any more Q's I'll ask. Kudos.

The topic is rather intriguing. It has many aspects. Ideas are floating.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Excellent entry

Best of luck in the contest

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

No wonder you're such a great writer.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I just put one up. It's not showing up in the contest sticky section of the forum, though. Does it need to be moved?

Hope you guys like it...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I am flagging contestants as well. One is ahead of me in flags. No matter, it's a contest, and contests draw out the best in us.

I'll put a new entry in.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
T&C's apply eh? okey dokey for political correctness sake. I can forgive you once your gone, permanently from the political, business and any other scene you can think of Beecause of what you have done to all us. Did I win first prize?

edit on 12-11-2011 by Mr. D because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2011 by Mr. D because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I've topped your story as it needs to be done manually for each one. If there's a long lag between you posting it and me topping it, the reason is likely because I'm away or sleeping.

reply to post by Mr. D

Now... if you'd started a thread with it and entered it into the contest instead of posting it onto this one, the members could then flag it and you might indeed win.

It is all up to your fellow members.
edit on 13/11/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here is mine..
It has been on my chest for a long time...Feels good to get it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I hope I followed the rules.

This is my entry

Hope ya'll have a great day ^^

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Here are the re-caps of the ATS sponsored [F&R] writing contest:

Click HERE for the rules. The contest runs until November 30th, so everyone still has plenty of time to get their entries in.

If you are reading this, and go to read any of the stories listed below, PLEASE remember to flag the entries you like. Contest winners are determined solely by the number of flags the entry receives, so even if you don't enter the contest, feel free to vote for the entries you like. You don't have to comment, just read and flag. As a member of ATS, you have the power to support the creative abilities of other ATS members. The success of this contest depends on input from ALL the members of ATS.

(masqua, I made this post so I have a link to put in my sig, a summary of all the stories entered so far. As I wander around ATS, hopefully people will click on the link, visit, and read, an attempt to drive traffic to this contest. Perhaps other writers will link this post in their sig, for the duration of the contest. I sincerely hope you don't mind.)

There are 19 entries so far, listed in alphabetical order:

After The Occupation
And The Children Still Cry
Angry Love
Cutting Myself
Do you believe in NDE's and OOBE's?
How We'll Win the Cold War
I keep my mom in a box
I Wish You Well. We Will Be Together Again
Jonah and the whale, revisited
Old Bones
Problem Children
Reconciling Left and Right: A Political Journey
Some people deserve to die
Soulsurfer
To Err is Human Once Devine
The Disillusioned Healer
The Disillusioned Messiah
The Disillusioned Messiah, Part 2
The Next Wave

Click HERE, then click the NEW THREAD button to enter the contest. Be sure to read the rules before you enter.
edit on 11/19/11 by Druid42 because: removed a resize text tag

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Here's my story:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I can't believe I missed this one...an amazing topic...and what's more, some amazing stories written by fellow ATSers.

Great one guys, very enjoyable to read them all.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
And the winning stories are:

I keep my mom in a box. by Druid42

The Disillusioned Messiah. by Druid42

Old Bones by silent thunder

I believe this is the first time I've ever seen two stories by the same author win, but the tribe has spoken and so it shall be recorded.

Congratulations to the winners and a heartfelt thank you to all who submitted stories.
edit on 1/12/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Thanks so much people.

Your votes mean a lot to me...I'll have to start dropping by the short stories forum more often.

And double congrats to Druid42 as well... Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join