It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Take the HIV/AIDS Vaccine?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
In short no ... I won't Both the efficacy and risks of vaccines lately do not have such a sterling record. Test it on Congress. If they all are still alive in 10 years i'll revisit the subj.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You realize that there currently IS no working HIV vaccine, right? How could I produce a study on one when one doesn't exist? We have dozens in trials. NONE OF WHICH USE LIVE VIRUS.

I'm still waiting for you to show me that a vaccine for HIV is in the clinical trial phase that uses live virus. Otherwise, your source is, again, wrong.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
No. I would not get this vaccine were it to come out.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'd let the other 7 billion people on the planet take the vaccine first and then wait several years to see who dies from what adverse side effects first. No point lining up to be the first guinea pig when theres 7 billion of them on the planet i can let go first.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I wouldn't take it because I have already been a human guinea pig for the Navy by getting 6 weaponized anthrax vaccines and 1 weaponized small pox vaccine, only for them to come out at a later date and say that they were not safe. Hooray for me. Anyway, I wouldn't trust a bottle of water if it came from the government. I fear that the HIV vaccine is just a front for some other sinister agenda. I felt the same way about the swine flu vaccine, which is why I didn't get it, and I wouldn't allow the doctor to give it to my son, much to her dismay.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Defenetly would NOT take the vaccine.

Though I can imagine them trying to add it to the cocktail of immunizations they try to force on newborn babies. Until nanobots take over medication I would never trust a for profit industry to do whats best for me.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
No....I will not take the Hiv/Aids vaccine...if it is ever offered. I lead a lifestyle where i am not at risk at all.

Also....I am suspicious of vaccines in general.....sometimes I think...the vaccine may make people sick rather than prevent an illness.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
No. Never. I've heard too many stories of people getting a flu vaccine and then coming down with the flu. All it takes is a couple of the viruses escaping and you're infected with the real deal.

With things like the flu or even measles, this sort of risk is acceptable. With HIV, it is not.

Particularly since HIV and AIDS aren't exactly communicable.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Accidental double post

edit on 12-11-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Of course I'm gonna get it! Then I can have all the unprotected sex I want and do all the drugs I want without worrying about such petty things as finding a clean needle! Being unpromiscuous *sp and using clean needles is just too much work! :/

On the serious side... As a person living in the pacific northwesternish part of America, no I will not feel the need for this vaccine AT THE MOMENT.... However, if I lived in an area where it was a big risk, then I would definitely consider it... Being where I happen to be, I have faith that responsible behavior will provide benefits that outweigh the risk of a uh, "vaccine", as it is so eloquently known as in the mainstream medical field. Why is it that everything mainstream sucks so bad?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, Baxtor just announced a recall of 300,000 flu vacines.
www.imassera.com...
If they produced 300million doses, thats a reject rate of .01%.

Too high for ME!

No, I'll not drink the Kool Aid.

In case people don't know how Kool Aid became a reference for injesting toxic substances,it's reference originated from the Jonestown mass murder suicides.
viewzone2.com...

For those of you that didn't know Jim Jones was a "purported" CIA operative. A GREAT read about it I just posted.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
NO

Reasons: I don't trust any of the drug industries. Back in the 80's there was an expensive drug given for some communicable disease (Sorry I don't remember what it was at this moment). It turned out that many of those who received the drug later became infected with HIV. Some of those were not active sexually and the only way they could have gotten the HIV was from the shot.

Back then I considered taking the shot, but my finances were such that I couldn't afford to do so. Dumb luck I'd say. I'm still HIV negative.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I would probably wait to see how it affected others first. I would definitely step up to take DRACO though.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
As a health care worker, who is at the greatest risk (non-stupid risk that is) from HIV, my chance of contracting HIV from a source patient from a needlestick is 0.3%. No, I'll probably not get the vaccine. My chances of contracting HBV, or hepatitis B, from a source patient from a needlestick is 30%, so yes, I'm vaccinated against HBV.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The most amazing thing that I have witnessed, is,

1. I have never gotten a vaccine for anything except for the required boosters when I was younger, for school.
2. I have witnessed many, many of my friends get a vaccine, and then be put out 2 weeks sick about a week later of thus receiving it. I never get sick, nor do take any kind of supplements whatsoever. Its best to say, DON'T DO IT.

Also, I still believe the governments were the ones who created this particular strand of HIV, from a strand found in only monkeys. If there ever was any sort of vaccine for this, ( and im sure somewhere they probably do have one, though ti wouldnt be quite a vaccine, because of its dormant state. Oh, the catastrophes that would arrive. People dog piling the hospital doors, the possibility of something going madly wrong..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
YES.

I'll get vaccinated if the AIDS vaccine is made of killed HIV virus. The reason for this is that so many killed virus vaccines including Polio, Rabies, H.Influenza-B, Pertussis, Typhoid fever, Hepatitis A, Cholera, Measles, etc. have been proven to be safe and effective in the past.

Please let me know where you got the information that killed HIV virus doesn't activate the immune system in human body. As far as I understand, no killed HIV virus vaccine has been tested for AIDS (www.killhivnow.org).

I've heard that the SAV001-h, a whole-killed HIV virus vaccine developed by Sumagen is about to get FDA approval for the first time for human testing this month or next month. The testing will be done on HIV-positive patients first to test its safety.

Also, according to a statistics done by Toronto Sun (dated on 8th August 2010), 74% of 12,000 people participated in the survey said they'd get vaccinated as long as AIDS vaccine is safe. So I believe the safety issue is the key. Since the killed virus (not weakened virus) vaccine strategy has been proven to be safe, I'll get vaccinated for sure.

edit on 12-11-2011 by himas because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2011 by himas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
negatibve not taking a damn aids vaccine

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
.....or live a normal life and never be in danger of getting it !!!! Thats the best vaccine.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
bank teller: I see you are applying for a home mortgage and a vehicle loan.

you: why yes I am.

bank teller: Oh i'm sorry, i see here you never received you HIV vaccination as required by law before anyone can lend to you. Once you get it done you can bring back the appropriate paperwork and we will help you get your home and car.

If they want you to get it, you will or you'll survive by other means... good luck to all.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Sorry if this offends, but both vaccinations and aids present a similar set of problems. Namely, poor discretion in what you let other people put into your body. I would rather lay down and die than take another damned vaccination for anything at all. Came damn close this year to proving it too. This world ain't all its cracked up to be anyway...that it is something to be clinged to is just a lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join