It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a religon that accepts homosexuality?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
If a church was willing to toss out parts of Gods word to cater to man, then it is likely to be apostate, and of little value, like the 'salt that has lost its flavor'

Pick and choose.

The "church" has tossed out lots of stuff or accepted stuff as part of society - - like divorce.

Seizures are no longer "being possessed by the devil".

Leprosy is a documented disease.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
Is there a religon that accepts homosexuality?

Do you wish to simply find a community of belonging? Are you seeking acceptance or truth?

Christianity lists homosexuality as a sin but then all sin is forgiven by simply asking for forgiveness. That partly answers your question but still there's the continued action to take into account. Openly taking part in what is labeled as sin isn't going to win any acceptance from the local congregation. Don't think that your choice of lifestyle is a special case. If you were to walk in with a bottle of vodka and start drinking like an alcoholic, or start making out with your neighbor's wife, or commit murder in church you'd get the same reaction. We could have these "once saved always saved" debates that honestly I don't have the answer too. I like to believe that no sin is worse than any other and that Jesus died for all past and future sins but the average person won't have that discussion with you and it's sure not going to be discussed in a sermon in most churches.

I'll might disagree with you on the topic but you can sit with me in church any day you wish. What did I read recently? Something along the lines of "We often judge spirituality on what we are least tempted by." Homosexuality isn't my poison but mine might be much worse.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Pedophilia is not=gay.

People assume this allot. In law enforcement you see pedophiles that have preferences for girls and boys alike....usually very young ones.

And not for what this poster quotes here but so many I saw about how wrong it is in the bible...you need to read why Sodom and Gomorrah happened not just what you would 'like' to believe to fuel your prejudice &/or hatred of what you either don't want to understand or possibly have leanings toward yourself.

The Lord did not EVER teach hate, end of story. Those who continue to hate in their own self- righteous ways will find themselves in exactly the same place they try to condemn others.
"You without sin, cast the first stone." I think no-one did in that instance at the well.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join