It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a religon that accepts homosexuality?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by darkredfish

True christianity does.

Jesus had 12 disciples

In ancient hebrew "disciple" translated "one of the harem"

Jesus did say love thy neighbour & since in those days women were consider unimportant he was actually saying love your "male" neighbour.

Totally wrong. First of all, love doesn't mean sexual relation or attraction, so nothing to do with gay/homosexual relations.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Buddhism?

Actually.

The Law Of One. Study and practice it. I've got a feeling you'll discover more than all other religions combined.
edit on 12-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I have no given answer for what religion you seek that will accept your sexual orientation, but through my own path i believe that the ancient theology of organized religion is there not to accept you but to control you and make you dependant upon a savior or force that leaves you complacent and stagnant with little room to grow because people will believe they will be saved if they attend a service one to three times a week.

The only true religion is the religion of love and acceptance within yourself for your fellows despite race,color,sexual preference or belief, you do not need a temple to tell you what to do but by looking within yourself you will know what is right and you will follow your own path and become your own savior.

Good luck my fellow and may you find your own path in this world for after all we are all just human.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
reply to post by 1littlewolf

As for the last comment? That was a joke right?
Wiccans are some of the best people you will ever meet!!

I agree, but what's wrong with being hedonistic

Edit: Just been reading through the last few pages since I answered last.

And you really still want to be associated with these people? Your honestly think that Jesus would look at the Catholic church today and approve? You think Jesus would endorse what any of these Bible Bashers have been espousing on this thread? His words were copied down by imperfect men who obviously still had issues and then slowly warped by the church to control through fear.

Why can't you just follow Jesus' techings and leave all this BS religious stuff behind you? Its like watching a person sticking around in an abusive relationship. Ultimately they are the only ones who can take action. At least you're not financially dependant on them. In fact I'm guesssing you're probably giving money to the church.

I understand wanting to hang with people who share similar ideas but when you butt heads over an aspect of your person you cannot change then it's time to find some new people.
edit on 12/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Is there a religon that accepts homosexuality?
All the religons I know that are major, not some rinky-dink little cult or african tribal culture, are anti-gay.
I am a gay male, and I get really akward looks while going to church with my boyfriend. We don't really "Broadcast" it out there, but I guess people can just tell by the way we talk to each other, and the people who DO know, are always shooting me dirty glances as if to say "Why are you here? >->"

So, I still want to be Catholic and this thread will not convert me, but I want to know if there is a religon that is open to homosexuality, or a Catholic church in the Reno/Sparks NV area that is, because all the churches I've been to don't like gay people.

And frankly, Im sick of it.

Why don't you make your own. And it is very disingenuous to expect the God who said it was wrong to love and accept you despite breaking His commandments. You can't hate Him and expect Him to accept you at the same time.

People think Christians made this up, but all our teachings are based on Jewish law. The ancient Jews did not make this up either so I suppose you should just make your own religion. And you should not demand that the entire Christian faith forgo their beliefs and faith to bend the rules just because you want them to accept your lifestyle.

If you believe in God like you say you do, then you kind of have to listen to what He says. And He said more than He loves us, but that He expects us to love Him enough to keep His commandments. God loves you no matter what you are, that is true. But God also said there are things we should not do and when He said it, it was for reasons that are beneficial for us. When He said it is not good for man to be alone and He would make a helpmeet, that was a woman.

Sure, it's fun to do what we like but what we like is not necessarily good for us. That is why I think you should worship a god that never gave any commandments against your actions. The Greek gods seem to be very much in favor, so you could worship them. But it is simply not going to work to ask God to accept your lifestyle after He is the one who said not to.

But hey, you can tell me not to judge but you kind of did ask for my judgment. So that is all I can say, if you don't like this God, then worship one that does approve. And maybe you are sick of it because you know very well you can't ask people to change their faith even though you want them to.

Do you want people to change their faith just enough for you? That is unfair because you ask for tolerance and acceptance but can't be tolerant or accepting of the God who gave the commandments. You want tolerance and acceptance from a god? Then worship one that will. This God can't because His word is established forever and He can't go against His own word.

But, not to start a fight, if you would just worship one that you want, then perhaps that one will give you all the spiritual fulfillment you desire.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
why did you need a religion? religion can only offer belief. Why believe when you can know?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
no religion because its wrong and un-natural

because literally everything we do is right and natural.
what a joke of a comment.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Unitarian Universalist
They are fabulous...There is also Paganism Druidry and Wicca... who UUs accept too...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
@theruthlessone

Your profile signature reads; "stand in front of the mirror observe what you see and then look further - if you can - to see your own soul which knows no color creed or race".

I think you forgot to add... BUT homosexuality is wrong and unnatural

A selective bigot is still a bigot

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by locololo

I believe the Wiccans acknowledge homosexuality. Honestly my belief is that you tell all those people that if they are watching judging and crap, they shouldn't be in church and they are breakign the commandments. Tell them how they are sinners and going to suffer in purgatory for their judging, or tell them to show you where in the bible it says anything about not allowing homosexuals to exist in church.

That's what i do at least

Believers are saints and it is written in Revelation that the Saints will judge mankind.

1 Cor. 6:1-5 "Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

Rev. 20:4 "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

So yes, in that regard we will be judges and judge our peers. Interesting link below that has some interesting things to say about the matter.

www.mountainretreatorg.net...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Unitarian Universalist
They are fabulous...There is also Paganism Druidry and Wicca... who UUs accept too...

Universalism is a sham. All roads do not lead to heaven. Only Jesus Christ is the way and he said that himself.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a few that do..
Wicca, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism all do ..
You might want to look into one of them..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

OP, all I can recommend is a personal relationship with God, through Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Although it is unfortunate that most churches will look down upon you, your mode of thinking is what's wrong. I'm not speaking of your orientation, but as for Churches, homosexuality isn't accepted just as much as adulterers, murderers, liars, thieves, etc.. HOWEVER, a non-denominational such as Calvary Chapel most likely wouldn't.

Keep in mind, Jesus himself ate at the table with tax collectors, thieves, murderers, and liars; now, I'm NOT saying that homosexuality is equivalent to murder, but I am saying that all have sinned in their life, regardless of what it was, and all sins are equal in the eyes of God; from the Pharisees who crucified His son, to a child that steals a pencil in class.

But I'll tell you some good news; all of that is forgiven and overlooked, with the acceptance of Christ. His commands was what? To love God with everything you have, and to love your neighbor as you love yourself.

I personally don't care what you are, I don't judge anyone as it's not my place to do so, and I am equally as bad as the rest of this world. Just keep in mind, a relationship with God isn't a 'religion'. I'd stay away from religion at all costs; religion tells you that you MUST attend church, donate 10%, do this, do that.. in order to receive a blessing.. That's wrong.

A relationship with Christ is something much more beautiful, it's freedom from Sin, knowledge of Truth, and love of God.

Whatever you do, OP; God bless. I wish you the best in whatever it is you do.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
please explain to me how been gay is natural its not is it because if it was then you would be able to pro-create but you cant can so if everyone was homosexual the worlds population would die out

simple so its un-natural its wrong and if the bible is true it will get you sent to hell

personally i have family and a few friends who are gay some open some closed and i tell them too its wrong and its un-natural its not right and we know that and just because its accepted does not make it right

I agree with you it goes against creation, I really love how gay people twist scripture or give a list of animals that try to breed with same sex to convince themselves there's nothing wrong with it. Deep down inside they know it's wrong.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

Wow...wrong on both counts....

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

There are plenty of Christian churches that are accepting, but many are not as mainstream. Also some of the long gone Gnostic sects destroyed by the Church as we know it today, showed some evidence of being open to homosexuality.....As for other religions entirely....Most non-Judaic based religions are fairly indifferent to it, as they aren't quite as obsessed with the idea of someone's sexual activity as having anything to do with being moral or immoral.....Though most Buddhists sects might see sex as something which binds us to our worldly desires....though I believe they'd only outright forbid it for those on the path of being a monk, nor would most sects single out homosexuality as being any different than normal sex (well, at least in a moral sense).

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's not about being accepted by religion or others. What everyone fails to understand is it's all about how you feel about yourself. It's not religion that matters but the spirituality within you. Religion is garbage and politics.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Why focus on the religion aspect?
At our local anglican church the reverend gave a simple answer to the "gay" thing .... LOVE IS LOVE.

Personally it #s me you use that term gay as "Gay means Happy" ... Noddy was not rooting big ears .

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Jesus did say love thy neighbour & since in those days women were consider unimportant he was actually saying love your "male" neighbour.

What a crock of # ... Have you ever thought he mean't love everything, in my back yard I have lizards, birds etc ... They are my neighbours and also the Lords children ...
What it is with folk like you, I don't give a crap what you do for sex, keep it in ya damn bedroom.
I'm going to buy a shirt that reads ... I'm hetrosexual & I want to be given rights ...
Ban IVF for same sex couples ... THAT IS NOT NATURAL.

edit on 12/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: Because I can

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

perfect way for the bible and church to cover their own asses as they go against what they should be doing lol. Thanks for showing me this, now my belief of how the Catholic Church is a pathetic crap hole is reinforced.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join