It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a religon that accepts homosexuality?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

in religion it is not accepted, but catholics are the most accepting of homosexuality, infact there are some homosexual priest who started their own churches,im thinking san fransisco woudl be a start, if you do a google search you will find one.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
please explain to me how been gay is natural

It happens in NATURE. Next?

if it was then you would be able to pro-create but you cant

Gay people can procreate just as well as straight people if they want to. Their eggs and sperm work just the same as straight people.

Some straight people can't procreate. Does that make being straight "unnatural"?

if the bible is true

BIG if...

personally i have family and a few friends who are gay some open some closed and i tell them too its wrong and its un-natural its not right

Boy, you must be the life of the party, telling all your friends and family the "right " way to live... I bet they're all kinds of grateful for your input!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

heck...the Episcopalian Church might even offer you a job as a priest thes days...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
Is there a religon that accepts homosexuality?
All the religons I know that are major, not some rinky-dink little cult or african tribal culture, are anti-gay.
I am a gay male, and I get really akward looks while going to church with my boyfriend. We don't really "Broadcast" it out there, but I guess people can just tell by the way we talk to each other, and the people who DO know, are always shooting me dirty glances as if to say "Why are you here? >->"

So, I still want to be Catholic and this thread will not convert me, but I want to know if there is a religon that is open to homosexuality, or a Catholic church in the Reno/Sparks NV area that is, because all the churches I've been to don't like gay people.

And frankly, Im sick of it.

Christ forgives all sins except one. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, but homosexuality is considered a sexual immorality, and sexual immoralities concede along the lines of beastiality, adultery, fornication (unmarried sex/promiscuous sex) homosexuality, masturbation and orgies.

Some protestant churches like missionary baptist (believe in once saved always saved, that Christ covers all your sins past, present and future). Southern baptists do not and if youre gay in their church you will hear a hellfire and damnation sermon every sunday.

If you want to find the answer to wether or not homosexuality is supposed to be tolerated within the bride of Christ you should read Acts chapters 14 and 15.

According to apostles Peter, James, Paul and Barnabas christians are not bound by the Laws of Moses or the covenant of circumscion because after Christ's redemeption of us he made a new covenant. That being that we abstain from pollutions of Idols and food offered to Idols, do not consume blood, abstain from sexual immoralities and from things that are strangled (strangled things retain blood in them, blood is thought to be the soul or life force). Although under the baptist doctrine you are still saved since your sins are covered as soon as you commit them.

Pentacostals believe in backsliding, that everytime you commit a sin you need to pray for it because if you died in the next second you would go to hell. That doesn't really fit Christ's message though. We are flawed beings and no matter how we try to be perfect we will still sin, which is why Christ had to die on the cross for our sins to cover our asses forever more. God gave us the laws of moses and we still couldn't bear that covenant, many times your first thought in the day was a sin and subject to damn you forever unless you sacrificed a sin offering for it. So God himself had to come and create a vessel for himself and live a perfect life in it so that he could be our eternal sin offering...and that was Jesus Christ. So God loved us so much that he kept inventing loopholes for us to get out of sin, the final loophole was when he played the role of Christ and gave us a covenant we couldn't possibly screw up because all we had to do was believe in him (and to this day people still screw that up because they can't believe in him). The Holy Spirit does give you the option to stop sinning should you choose to excersice that ability, meaning that he allows you to have the desire to actually sin no more so that Christ doesn't have to keep covering it.

In my mind, any time i sin it's like im one of the stripes that was carved into his back and it breaks my heart so i try very hard not to sin even though i fail. The only difference between someone is saved and someone who isnt is that we are sinners that are forgiven for we have asked for forgiveness. This is why certain church goers need to drop the holier than thou act.

edit on 12-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

To answer both your questions, I was raised in a trintalian wicca based family. We went to church, and my grandma used to make me pray the rosery everynight. But they also lived off the teachings of wicca, that if you don't hurt anyone, why is it bad? There is no right or wrong (law of duality) and the teaching of karma and threefold. They also practiced spirituality in forms of protection (Salt, sage, ect.) and other wicca.

I still practice some of these ( I still rub my house with sage and put salt on the windowsills and have crosses above my doors) but I dont pray everynight and I dont be overzealous with my religon.

As for the last comment? That was a joke right?
Wiccans are some of the best people you will ever meet!!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Not moving to San Fran.
Sorry, I don't enjoy being a sterotype.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

please explain to me how been gay is natural its not is it because if it was then you would be able to pro-create but you cant can so if everyone was homosexual the worlds population would die out

simple so its un-natural its wrong and if the bible is true it will get you sent to hell

personally i have family and a few friends who are gay some open some closed and i tell them too its wrong and its un-natural its not right and we know that and just because its accepted does not make it right

please explain to me how you passed grammar school its not hard is it because if you did than you would be able to write sentences that actually make sense.

Ok now that I just banhammared you, lets talk about this.

A. If everyone was homosexual, the worlds population would not die out. Why?
I am gay, and I think vaginas are about the most disgusting thing on the face of the earth next to blood pudding and angler fish. But, if the world depended on me sticking my slim jim into one, I would, because I might be gay, but im not stupid!
B. What does "Some open some closed" mean? We are not doors... Could you elaborate?
C. If you told me that it was wrong and unatural, we wouldn't be friends very long! Oh and also, in my family if you said that to another family member, you would get disowned.
D. You need to actually study the bible, because the bible talks about jesus engaging in homoerotic activities.

Judas was not just a friend....

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
Why do you want to follow a religion? I'm not sure that's good. To answer your question, Tibetan Buddhism doesn't care what your sexual preference or marital status is. Their focus is on the spiritual path rather than regulating mundane lifestyle choices.

Unnatural?

Yes, get a clue and look at the animal world!
Gay Penguins to be separated

Buddy and Pedro, who were both raised in captivity, pair together every night, “bray” at one another, groom each other, and never seem to tire of standing alongside each other, the Toronto Star reported. But because the penguins have “top-notch genes,” zookeepers want them to breed with females to help populate the species, which is endangered.

See? Gay penguins are genetically superior! (Just joking.)
edit on 12/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because:

So all gays are pinguins now?

lol

Animal world does not = humanity. That's a really bad excuse. So is... "Get with the times"... No, no evidance shows conclusively that being gay is normal, and natural. Nor is there any showing that people are "Born that way".

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

please explain to me how been gay is natural

It happens in NATURE. Next?

if it was then you would be able to pro-create but you cant

Gay people can procreate just as well as straight people if they want to. Their eggs and sperm work just the same as straight people.

Some straight people can't procreate. Does that make being straight "unnatural"?

if the bible is true

BIG if...

personally i have family and a few friends who are gay some open some closed and i tell them too its wrong and its un-natural its not right

Boy, you must be the life of the party, telling all your friends and family the "right " way to live... I bet they're all kinds of grateful for your input!

It happens in nature??? So does volcanic eruptions, rain, snow, plague, virus, and the like... Doesnt mean it's "natural". So, just how natural is it for 2 bolts fitting together? Not easy without a nut joining them, is it?

Sorry to say, just because you see a dog packing fudge, doesnt mean it's natural. Animals eat their young too. Some eat their mates... That's umm... Natural. In our world, it's murder and sick.

Using something to give credit to another is simple idiocy.

The moon is just as visible as the sun in the daytime. The moon MUST give off light and warmth too!

That's just simple BS logic. Compare yourself to a mutt all you want. And some wonder why they are looked upon as less superior. Why not? Side with animals, treated like animals? Sound about right in my book.

If gay was natural, we would be extinct. If it were natural, there would be found a way to procreate among the gay... considering darwin was right. lol

This conversation is as silly as people believing that being gay is normal and natural.

Sorry, OP... I would have stayed on topic, but your own points made it easy to simply go off topic.

Finaly you said:

"Boy, you must be the life of the party, telling all your friends and family the "right " way to live... I bet they're all kinds of grateful for your input!"

Why not? We do it, every single one of us, every single day. We constantly tell each other how to live and what we think is right and wrong. As a gay person, you push this as well. You feel being gay is normal. Many/most do not. Yet you have your will to feel what you think is right or wrong, and in being so, you do so by the responces you make.

Why do you follow a religion that tells you that your choice of sex is an abomination and that you probably wont find your way through the pearly gates because of it??? You do realise an abomination is something that cannot be in the sight of God, right? It's like believing in a being that is going to destroy you for your beliefs.

Think about it. Your faith comes from a bible. It must. Unless it comes from your upbrnging, which originaly comes from that bible. That bible tells you that you're an abomination. Yet, you want to find a church that will take those words and ignore them for your own sake? Dont you think that in the end, you still have to come face to face with that God that feels that your actions are an abomination against him?

This makes no sense to me at all! Please explain it.
edit on 12-11-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

It happens in nature??? So does volcanic eruptions, rain, snow, plague, virus, and the like... Doesnt mean it's "natural". So, just how natural is it for 2 bolts fitting together? Not easy without a nut joining them, is it?

Sorry to say, just because you see a dog packing fudge, doesnt mean it's natural. Animals eat their young too. Some eat their mates... That's umm... Natural. In our world, it's murder and sick.

Using something to give credit to another is simple idiocy.

The moon is just as visible as the sun in the daytime. The moon MUST give off light and warmth too!

That's just simple BS logic. Compare yourself to a mutt all you want. And some wonder why they are looked upon as less superior. Why not? Side with animals, treated like animals? Sound about right in my book.

If gay was natural, we would be extinct. If it were natural, there would be found a way to procreate among the gay... considering darwin was right. lol

This conversation is as silly as people believing that being gay is normal and natural.

Ok.. where to start.

1. Volcanic eruptions, rain, snow, plague, virus, and the like, ARE natural. Thats why they are called "Natural events"
2. Yes, animals eat their young. Thats natural too.
3. The moon DOES give off light and warmth, although it does not generate FROM the moon, it still gives it off. *facepalm*
4. If gay lead to extinction.. than all those animals I listed would be extinct, and therefore the earth would be a dead planet.
5. Listen to yourself, YOUR the one who is silly.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Why not? We do it, every single one of us, every single day. We constantly tell each other how to live and what we think is right and wrong. As a gay person, you push this as well. You feel being gay is normal. Many/most do not. Yet you have your will to feel what you think is right or wrong, and in being so, you do so by the responces you make.

Why do you follow a religion that tells you that your choice of sex is an abomination and that you probably wont find your way through the pearly gates because of it??? You do realise an abomination is something that cannot be in the sight of God, right? It's like believing in a being that is going to destroy you for your beliefs.

Think about it. Your faith comes from a bible. It must. Unless it comes from your upbrnging, which originaly comes from that bible. That bible tells you that you're an abomination. Yet, you want to find a church that will take those words and ignore them for your own sake? Dont you think that in the end, you still have to come face to face with that God that feels that your actions are an abomination against him?

This makes no sense to me at all! Please explain it.

1. Not "Many/most" actually, only 30% of america feels this way, mostly concentrated in the bigot south.
2. I just do, ok? Why does everyone else follow it? Because they have FAITH in it, such as I do. I've tried to change who I am, It doesn't work. I also recongnize that this may not be gods will (hating homosexuals) and that the bible was written by political men. I don't see how god can punish me for being made the way I am.
3. The bible never says "gays are an abomination" in fact, the word/idea "Homosexuality" was not added to the bible untill the late 40's. Look in recent threads I authored and read it.
4. I think I will spare you the sterotypical Lady Gaga - Born this way lyric response... This time.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Omfg these false quotes are pissing me off.
I made sure that I didn't delete them and that it was in the right place...

GAAH!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Animal world does not = humanity. That's a really bad excuse. So is... "Get with the times"... No, no evidance shows conclusively that being gay is normal, and natural. Nor is there any showing that people are "Born that way".

That's true. The animal world does not equal humanity. I was making a joke, actually. The conversation and other's need to judge is ridiculous. What should the people who are born with the plumbing of both sexes to do? Is it a sign from God that they are meant to stay single forever? People are born that way, you know. It's natural. It's no one's business but those who are in the situation.

If the inability to procreate is a sign from God that the relationship is unnatural or wrong, then there are millions of straight couples who can't conceive whom should be examining their lives and looking for what is wrong with them, right? (That's a joke. This is soooooo silly.)
edit on 12/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Yet again, I must post this video.

8th time you know that?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
Ok.. where to start.

1. Volcanic eruptions, rain, snow, plague, virus, and the like, ARE natural. Thats why they are called "Natural events"
2. Yes, animals eat their young. Thats natural too.
3. The moon DOES give off light and warmth, although it does not generate FROM the moon, it still gives it off. *facepalm*
4. If gay lead to extinction.. than all those animals I listed would be extinct, and therefore the earth would be a dead planet.
5. Listen to yourself, YOUR the one who is silly.

lol You just handed that one to me without thought. Apparently you missed every single point i laid out there. Facepalm is right.

*sigh* whatever you believe dude. You're on your own on this one.
edit on 12-11-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

please explain to me how been gay is natural its not is it because if it was then you would be able to pro-create but you cant can so if everyone was homosexual the worlds population would die out

simple so its un-natural its wrong and if the bible is true it will get you sent to hell

personally i have family and a few friends who are gay some open some closed and i tell them too its wrong and its un-natural its not right and we know that and just because its accepted does not make it right

And we need more people having kids on this planet? The best thing that could happen to this planet is probably if 80% of the population turned gay. Karma is always there and if you hate (or is intollerant) it don't matter if the information comes from a book. We always have to pay karma even when we are ignorant. There is no freepasses you have to do the work. I hope you are doing a lot of other good in your life so karma don't bite you to much in the ass. Since god have a sense of humor he will probably make you gay in the next life so that you can experiance the intollerance yourself
. Namaste

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Or make his child/ren gay.
Lol

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish1. Not "Many/most" actually, only 30% of america feels this way, mostly concentrated in the bigot south.
2. I just do, ok? Why does everyone else follow it? Because they have FAITH in it, such as I do. I've tried to change who I am, It doesn't work. I also recongnize that this may not be gods will (hating homosexuals) and that the bible was written by political men. I don't see how god can punish me for being made the way I am.
3. The bible never says "gays are an abomination" in fact, the word/idea "Homosexuality" was not added to the bible untill the late 40's. Look in recent threads I authored and read it.
4. I think I will spare you the sterotypical Lady Gaga - Born this way lyric response... This time.

1 - I dont know which poll you're looking at. Many people will simply not tell you the truth of how they feel to save face. Polls are biased. Polls differ from one place/state/country to another. Dont give me poll BS because I can show you polls that are just as full of crap.

2 - lol that's like worshiping satan to get to heaven. (scratches head) See, I never understood that. Leave it to "some people" to take simplicity and use it as sturdy foundation for belief. Hey man... If you want a real simple religion with no downfalls... I'm sure there is a church of mouse out there some where. I'm sure mickey mouse could offer more forgiveness.

3 - Man shall not lie with man... pretty simple to me. I didnt see anything there about the word homo, you're right.... It MUST not be there!!! ummm.. Do you read your bible any? There are 2 places in the bible where it says pretty clearly that man laying with man is an abomination. ABOMINATION! It's in there. I dont care what the 60s did. It's obvious that the words were very clear the last 1600 years. You do realise, just because Kah doesnt mean apple in english, does not prove that it was false. Remember, many translations that were not the original word, was used due to a lack of the correct word, because some words were simply not able to be carried over. Similar words are used that mean generaly the SAME thing.

I said nothing about homosexuality being or not being found in the bible, what so ever. I did say, that you are considered an ABOMINTION by your acts.... according to the bible.

Now untill you start reading hebrew, aramaic, and what not, all by your lonesome, and you prove to me that what I am reading is not before my eyes, but something else, i'll stick with what I know. I wont rely on someone else telling me via news article... oh yeah, the news is sooo factual today.... Show me a specific translation on the section in question that says otherwise? No?? You're an abomination according to those words. Untill you find proof of otherwise, i'm sorry to say... the laws in the bible have not changed for you.

4 - Please do. I dont and never will believe that it's beyond a choice. I'm pretty sure you already figured that one out

Now... do I feel you're any less human than I? No. I just think that you have a really messed up way of thinking. I'm sure you feel the same about me, and i'm perfectly fine with that.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
reply to post by theRhenn

That's true. The animal world does not equal humanity. I was making a joke, actually. The conversation and other's need to judge is ridiculous. What should the people who are born with the plumbing of both sexes to do? Is it a sign from God that they are meant to stay single forever? People are born that way, you know. It's natural. It's no one's business but those who are in the situation.

If the inability to procreate is a sign from God that the relationship is unnatural or wrong, then there are millions of straight couples who can't conceive whom should be examining their lives and looking for what is wrong with them, right? (That's a joke. This is soooooo silly.)
edit on 12/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

Right!

lol Well, at least according to what I've read in the OT. But yes, you are 100% correct. It is silly. Yet, questions sometimes bring up more curiosity and question. Personaly, Id love to never hear about this topic again, for I dont feel that it's needed to make a judgement of friendship or whatever. Though, I am still curious of alot of the questions I threw out there. It's escpecially silly when there are no real answers nor common ground found in the end.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

why do we need less people on the planet...................?

on topic

in my eyes been gay is totally un-natural, its disgusting and if everyone was gay, as a race we would be doomed so that to me seems like the devils work

god likes straight people who create life

devil likes gay people who would stop the life cycle

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join