It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a religon that accepts homosexuality?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
All the religons I know that are major, not some rinky-dink little cult or african tribal culture, are anti-gay.
I am a gay male, and I get really akward looks while going to church with my boyfriend. We don't really "Broadcast" it out there, but I guess people can just tell by the way we talk to each other, and the people who DO know, are always shooting me dirty glances as if to say "Why are you here? >->"

So, I still want to be Catholic and this thread will not convert me, but I want to know if there is a religon that is open to homosexuality, or a Catholic church in the Reno/Sparks NV area that is, because all the churches I've been to don't like gay people.

And frankly, Im sick of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

The Episcopal Church does.

This will offer you the closest liturgical service to Catholic as well.

The only real difference is that Episcopal Church offers both elements to the congregation during the Eulogy, and they do not hold Mary as a intercessor.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
no religion because its wrong and un-natural

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Gau Friendly Churches in Reno and Sparks

There are churches in many religions that accept gay people. It's not so much finding the right religion, as finding the right church. In addition, Unitarian Universalist churches are VERY open-minded and welcoming of all belief systems. There's one in Reno. Source

Good luck to you!

edit on 11/12/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
All the religons I know that are major, not some rinky-dink little cult or african tribal culture, are anti-gay.
I am a gay male, and I get really akward looks while going to church with my boyfriend. We don't really "Broadcast" it out there, but I guess people can just tell by the way we talk to each other, and the people who DO know, are always shooting me dirty glances as if to say "Why are you here? >->"

So, I still want to be Catholic and this thread will not convert me, but I want to know if there is a religon that is open to homosexuality, or a Catholic church in the Reno/Sparks NV area that is, because all the churches I've been to don't like gay people.

Friend, Wicca accepts all, no matter your sexual preference, race, or ways. Study up on us, and see for yourself.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone

unnatural? please get informed.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Why do you want to follow a religion? I'm not sure that's good. To answer your question, Tibetan Buddhism doesn't care what your sexual preference or marital status is. Their focus is on the spiritual path rather than regulating mundane lifestyle choices.

Unnatural?

Yes, get a clue and look at the animal world!
Gay Penguins to be separated

Buddy and Pedro, who were both raised in captivity, pair together every night, “bray” at one another, groom each other, and never seem to tire of standing alongside each other, the Toronto Star reported. But because the penguins have “top-notch genes,” zookeepers want them to breed with females to help populate the species, which is endangered.

See? Gay penguins are genetically superior! (Just joking.)
edit on 12/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

buddhism doesn't care at all
just a musing: why would anyone be part of a club that has strong objections to what's part of that person's identity? is this some masochism or what?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

The universal law of duality states that there is no right or wrong, so the first one is pretty much BS.
And its not unnatural...
Here are just a few animals that do it:

* African Elephant
* Brown Bear
* Brown Rat
* Buffalo
* Caribou
* Cat (domestic)
* Cheetah
* Common Dolphin
* Common Marmose
* Common Raccoon
* Dog (domestic)
* European Bison
* Prea
* Chicken (Domestic)
* Common Gull
* Emu
* King Penguin
* Amazon molly
* Blackstripe topminnow
* Bluegill Sunfish
* Char
* Grayling
* European Bitterling
* Green swordtail
* Guiana leaffish
* Houting Whitefish
* Jewel Fish
* Least Darter (Microperca punctulata)
* Mouthbreeding Fish
* Salmon
* Southern platyfish
* Ten-spined stickleback
* Three-spined stickleback
* Anole
* Bearded Dragon
* Broad-headed Skink
* Checkered Whiptail Lizard
* Chihuahuan Spotted Whiptail Lizard
* Common Ameiva
* Common Garter Snake
* Cuban Green Anole
* Desert Grassland Whiptail Lizard
* Desert Tortoise
* Fence Lizard
* Five-lined Skink
* Gopher (Pine) Snake
* Green Anole
* Inagua Curlytail Lizard
* Jamaican Giant Anole
* Laredo Striped Whiptail Lizard
* Largehead Anole
* Mourning Gecko
* Plateau Striped Whiptail Lizard
* Red Diamond Rattlesnake
* Red-tailed Skink
* Side-blotched Lizard
* Speckled Rattlesnake
* Water Moccasin
* Western rattlesnake (Crotalus viridis)
* Western Banded Gecko
* Whiptail Lizard spp.
* Wood Turtle
* Appalachian Woodland Salamander
* Black-spotted Frog
* Mountain Dusky Salamander
* Tengger Desert Toad
* Acanthocephalan Worms
* Alfalfa Weevil
* Blowfly
* Box Crab
* Broadwinged Damselfly
* Cabbage (Small) White (Butterfly)
* Checkerspot Butterfly
* Clubtail Dragonfly
* Cockroach
* Common Skimmer Dragonfly
* Creeping Water Bug
* Cutworm
* Digger Bee
* Dragonfly
* Eastern Giant Ichneumon (wasp
* Eucalyptus Longhorned Borer
* Field Cricket
* Flour beetle
* Fruit Fly
* Glasswing Butterfly
* Grape Berry Moth
* Grape Borer
* Green Lacewing
* Harvest Spider
* Hawaiian Orb-Weaver (spider)
* Hen Flea
* House Fly
* Larch Bud Moth
* Large Milkweed Bug
* Large White (Pieris brassicae)
* Long-legged Fly
* Mazarine Blue
* Mediterranean Fruit Fly
* Pomace Fly
* Queen Butterfly
* Red Ant
* Red Flour Beetle
* Reindeer Warble Fly
* Rose Chafer
* Rove Beetle
* Scarab Beetle (Melolonthine)
* Southeastern Blueberry Bee
* Southern Green Stink Bug
* Southern Masked Chafer
* Southern One-Year Canegrub
* Spreadwinged Damselfly
* Spruce Budworm Moth
* Stable Fly
* Stag Beetle
* Tsetse Fly
* Water Boatman Bug
* Water Strider

DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A "Is gay right or wrong" DEBATE. I ASKED A QUESTION NOW PLEASE ANSWER IT.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

No, its just that I think that that is the true religon.. just some parts of it are wrong.
Or some parts of me are wrong.
Still not gonna change.
I can't.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I know, my family is pretty much trintalian wiccans.
Only problem with that is that although I know that it is a good religon and a lot of it is true, a lot of it seems to be a bunch of crock, and there is so much BS you have to sort through to get to the good stuff.
Stupid media...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Note: Im handing stars out to anyone who names a religon.
Second

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

just a musing: why would anyone be part of a club that has strong objections to what's part of that person's identity? is this some masochism or what?

Maybe people are like turkeys. If a bird is outcast, the other birds will attack it and try to kill it. Even if you put it outside of an enclosure with the other turkeys on the inside, the outcast bird will stand right by the fence, talking to them until they are trying to fight through the fence! The outcast bird can't leave the group who outcast it alone!

So, the moral is: Don't be a Turkey!!!!
edit on 12/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

No, its just that I think that that is the true religon.. just some parts of it are wrong.
Or some parts of me are wrong.
Still not gonna change.
I can't.

well, I am an atheist so i don't have to worry. From what I learned doing my research into the history of religions catholics are among the worst kind there is, but hey, this is a free world, we're free to choose from whatever form of enslavement of the free thinking mind.

i'm sure i don't have to reinforce the idea that being gay doesn't equal being wrong (or "not natural") as some feel inclined to state. I think the minds of people making these statements are sick.

and on a personal level i don't give about people's sexual orientation, I give about people
:-)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone

There are very few animals that do not practise what you would call homosexuality, or as I like to call it, sexuality in some form or another. But then they aren't burdened with false hangups of what is wrong or right based on the writings of a few bronze-age middle eastern goat herders. So god knows what you're talking about 'natural' for. The current human lifestyle is just about the most unnatural thing here is. And living by rules set down 2+millenia ago jsut about tops that list.

And as for you Darkredfish, why on Earth would you want to continue on in a religion which does not accept you for who you are? Would you support a Church which bans black people or women from fully contributing? (Oh wait, the Catholic Church does prevent women from fully contributing, my bad)

Do you really think God cares where you place your pork-sword? Do you think he would ever turn his nose down at somone who wants to bring more love into this world. Autowrench is right. If it religion you must have, then become a pagan inspired by the words of Jesus. They accept all kinds. Wicca itself can have a lot of BS in it, but you're free to bring just about as much of your own BS into it as well.....

I personally find mst religions a lazy-mans way to spirituality. Having someone else preach to me what is right and wrong based on outdated and corrupted spiritual texts doesn't really do it for me.

One question, what makes you think the Catholic Church is as close to a 'true' religion as you can get. Especially if you've been brought up by a bunch of hedonistic wiccans

edit on 12/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why believe in a fairytale (religion) that will condemn you to an eternity of pain for being gay (enjoying your time on this rock)?????

Makes no sense to me. Ignore these religious bigots, if you are happy thats all that matters. Cut your chains from religion and start enjoying life to the max.

You wont go to hell anyways...hell is a fantasy land in a fairytale

OR become a Pastafarian......they pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster....and they dont care what your sexual orientation is

edit on 12-11-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
yes as others have said wicca not only accepts it but celebrates it because we believe that we should not stand in the way of anyone being happy.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

True christianity does.

Jesus had 12 disciples

In ancient hebrew "disciple" translated "one of the harem"

Jesus did say love thy neighbour & since in those days women were consider unimportant he was actually saying love your "male" neighbour.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
please explain to me how been gay is natural its not is it because if it was then you would be able to pro-create but you cant can so if everyone was homosexual the worlds population would die out

simple so its un-natural its wrong and if the bible is true it will get you sent to hell

personally i have family and a few friends who are gay some open some closed and i tell them too its wrong and its un-natural its not right and we know that and just because its accepted does not make it right

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

Exactly...religion is accepted....but its not right
Its far from the truth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join