It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran explosion at Tehran military base

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

Are you seriously suggesting that the Iranian government would never tell a lie?

Have you ever read PressTV articles?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Three possibilities
a) Genuine accident
b) Action by Israel/West
b) Action by Iran themselves as false flag

But interesting that the BBC report included (imo unnecessary) mention of the recent ramping up of war talk.
The suggestion imo being that the accident was no accident and is linked to the latter.
edit on 12-11-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
reply to post by Xcathdra

back in my misspent youth had the misfortune of working with C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) when was with S.O.G in Vietnam back in the 60's.. And the misfortune of encountering them in my travels over the years since.. This has their grubby little fingerprints all over it..

Still the 100 meter rush to judgment gets old. You have no proof to support your claim, and I have no proof to support my claim. Whats funny though is the speculation the west is behind it is taken as fact, while anything suggesting they arent behind it is dismissed.

How is that not hypocritical?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Three possibilities
a) Genuine accident
b) Action by Israel/West

But interesting that the BBC report included background about the ramping up of war talk.
The suggestion imo being that this was linked to the latter.

In October a missile storage facility in Iran blew up.

Do people really think that if Iran found evidence of foreign involvement they wouldnt be screaming bloody murder to the UN and anyone else who will listen?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Do people really think that if Iran found evidence of foreign involvement they wouldnt be screaming bloody murder to the UN and anyone else who will listen?

Good point. Though it's early days yet for a reaction.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Good point. Though it's early days yet for a reaction.

Apparently not for those who are blaming the US or Israel for the explosion.

I mean really, why wait for an investigation and report. Ironically that argument is coming from people who in other threads have chastised the US government for NOT taking the time to do an investigation to get all the facts.

Apparently some posters thinks that the US is the only entity that rule applies to.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
OK. It is a real possibility. But to what end? It is not like Iran is going to use the FF as an excuse to invade some other country and establish a world bank, such as was done in Yugoslavia, Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan. Nor is it likely their are going to use the FF as an excuse to invade another country to get their hands on a trillion dollars worth of rare earth metals like was done with Afghanistan. Nor is it likely they are going to try to use the FF as an excuse to invade some other country to get their hands on billions in oil such as was the case with Iraq. So, what is Iran's angle? Just funnin were they?

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

Originally posted by subcsailor
reply to post by Vozda

Well this is a conspiracy site. So how about this theory (and with nothing but a thought to back it up).

How about the Iranians blew it up themselves. That way they could blame us (the US) and Irsael.
edit on 12-11-2011 by subcsailor because: .

Occams Razor says bravo sir.

At least there are a few people left in this website that see possibilities outside of "White Male Christians at the USA did it!!!!!"

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Three possibilities
a) Genuine accident
b) Action by Israel/West

But interesting that the BBC report included background about the ramping up of war talk.
The suggestion imo being that this was linked to the latter.

In October a missile storage facility in Iran blew up.

Do you even understand how real politics works? What we see in the news isn't even the tip of the iceburg. Behind the scene discussion is always going on and the plays are always being made. What is released for mass consumption is only what is meant to be released for mass consumption.

But I will point out that Iran seems to be doing everything that it can to refrain from instigating this war. The best part about all of this is the information war: it seems that Russia is willing to back Iran up in the international media. That's a lot more than can be said for Iraq when it was invaded.

-----

In my opinion, this is probably proxy terrorism carried out by anti-Iranian regime minorities directed by Western instruction. While not a new method, it certainly seems more on the downlow compared to UK/US airstrikes against Iraq for months leading up to the May 2003 invasion (which was selectively withheld from Western news releases).
edit on 12-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Basing my call on past experience and being familiar with how they operate.
At present with all the sabre rattling by the west going on its extremely suspicious that there would suddenly be an 'accident' at a munitions dump in iran.. More than a bit too convenient and I stopped believing in coincidence long ago..

Back later my batt. going and didnt bring spare with me today..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Things should start to kick off by Monday if Iran accuses Israel or America for this attack.

America and Israel would fully deny these accusations, naturally.

And the war games begin...

edit on 12-11-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Do you even understand how real politics works? What we see in the news isn't even the tip of the iceburg. Behind the scene discussion is always going on and the plays are always being made. What is released for mass consumption is only what is meant to be released for mass consumption.

Question for you - How can you make the claim above if you arent part of the group that misleads the public?

In my opinion, this is probably proxy terrorism carried out by anti-Iranian regime minorities directed by Western instruction. While not a new method, it certainly seems more on the downlow compared to UK/US airstrikes against Iraq for months leading up to the May 2003 invasion (which was selectively withheld from Western news releases).

How about we wait for the Iranians to do the investigation and see what they come up with?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Basing my call on past experience and being familiar with how they operate.
At present with all the sabre rattling by the west going on its extremely suspicious that there would suddenly be an 'accident' at a munitions dump in iran.. More than a bit too convenient and I stopped believing in coincidence long ago..

Back later my batt. going and didnt bring spare with me today..

The explosion in the missile factory / storage was not linked to any foreign action. Why would this be any different? As I said, if Iran finds out the explosions were done by the US or Israel, they arent going to keep quiet on the topic.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
When USA and Israel is so close to war, I don't believe any word they say. USA and Israel have a long tradition of lying before they start wars. I handle facts differently depending on circumstances. I think the war with Iran is avoidable. I think both parties should stand down. USA and Israel is working the hardest to start this war, so I'm hardest on them. If they were not in that situation, I would probably have a different approach.

Iran lies too, but they are not working as hard to start a new war as USA and Israel is. And, as you will probably suspect: I am cynical enough to assume that the truth is already a casualty in this war.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
these people blow up there own missles and ammo dump why would we trust them with a nuke weapon when they cant even handle conventional weapons with out blowing them selfs up we dont need to invade iran they will blow them selfs up if given enough time

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Question for you - How can you make the claim above if you arent part of the group that misleads the public?

How about we wait for the Iranians to do the investigation and see what they come up with?

And what were the results of previous investigations of such occurances? (IRG shooting down new Israeli drones over Iranian airspace - multiple missile complex attacks - assassinations of Iranian officials and nuclear scientists - the stuxnet cyberattack on Iranian nuclear facilities).

Did Iran ever jump up and down screaming vengence on the international stage? No, because Iran doesn't have vast control of the media to spread their claims and evidence around- the West controls most of international media. If Iran did make such claims, then the West would simply turn the situation around on them, accuse them of provoking war, and attack. Iranians aren't stupid.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

And what were the results of previous investigations of such occurances?

Iranian authorities said that the blast was caused by a fire that broke out in an ammunition storage room.

IRNA

IRG shooting down new Israeli drones over Iranian airspace - multiple missile complex attacks - assassinations of Iranian officials and nuclear scientists - the stuxnet cyberattack on Iranian nuclear facilities).

Israeli drone has noting to do with either explosion. So far, all we know is an amo dump exploded. How are you making the connection?

* - Only 1 missile base had an explosion - caused by fire.

* - Why Israel or the US on assasination blame? They arent the only countries who have issues with Iran. Saudi Arabia has been vocal on irans nuke program, along with a few other countries in the region. Is it not possible for the assasinations to have come from one of those countries?

*Stuxnet has not been identified as comeing from Israel or the US. Could it not be possible, again, for one of the other countries I listed to be responsible?

Did Iran ever jump up and down screaming vengence on the international stage? No, because Iran doesn't have vast control of the media to spread their claims and evidence around- the West controls most of international media.

Actually they have when it comes to their nuke program.
They have with regards to the Palestinian issue
They have with regards to the PKK issue
They have recently with the IAEA report.

As far as media control, the Iranian government runs PressTV as well as the IRNA. I dont see how they dont have access to the media.

If Iran did make such claims, then the West would simply turn the situation around on them, accuse them of provoking war, and attack. Iranians aren't stupid.

Like what Iran is doing when it comes to the US and Israel?

edit on 12-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

And what were the results of previous investigations of such occurances?

Iranian authorities said that the blast was caused by a fire that broke out in an ammunition storage room.

IRNA

I am pretty sure that I said "previous investigations"... did I not?

Israeli drone has noting to do with either explosion. So far, all we know is an amo dump exploded. How are you making the connection?

Selective reading much? "PREVIOUS INVESTIGATIONS"

* - Only 1 missile base had an explosion - caused by fire.

You mean the one from October of last year? Because you're the one also claiming it happened in October of this year too. Your words: "In October a missile storage facility in Iran blew up. "

The one I refer to is a launch-pad, not a missile storage facility.

* - Why Israel or the US on assasination blame? They arent the only countries who have issues with Iran. Saudi Arabia has been vocal on irans nuke program, along with a few other countries in the region. Is it not possible for the assasinations to have come from one of those countries?

Are you for real? gee, I wonder why Israel and the US comes to mind when assassinations happen in Iran... Maybe because they carry out assassinations ALL THE TIME? You do know that Israel assassinated scientists involved in similar Iraqi programs, right? One victim was even a Canadian scientist.

But no, it must be some other country involved. Let's just ignore the elephant in the room, right?

*Stuxnet has not been identified as comeing from Israel or the US. Could it not be possible, again, for one of the other countries I listed to be responsible?

I think you are really grasping at straws if you're trying to convince me that it's not the obvious perpetrators who have done this before as a matter of their jingoist foreign policy. Hell, by your logic, maybe it was the Iranians who are bombing themselves. I mean, it seems illogical but so are making misdirecting claims contrary to evidence and history.

Actually they have when it comes to their nuke program.
They have with regards to the Palestinian issue
They have with regards to the PKK issue
They have recently with the IAEA report.

As far as media control, the Iranian government runs PressTV as well as the IRNA. I dont see how they dont have access to the media.

Obviously you don't see- you live in the US, and everything you type is like reading the CNN teleprompter.

And of course, you're way off the mark with your examples too. I haven't seen Iran banging war drums even remotely at the same intensity as what I've seen from Israel and the US, and they have been following international law. Countries who have no regard for international law have no basis to accuse Iran of anything.

Like what Iran is doing when it comes to the US and Israel?

I'm sorry, I must have missed that. Where has Iran twisted American claims around and used it as pretext to commit a war of aggression? Do you have clear examples, or more conjecture?

I am seriously disturbed by how some people in the world, specifically Americans and Israelis, view countries committing to international law as being "aggressive" while they scream for war because they think it is up to them to dictate international order, not the international community. I must admit that I am surprised by the common view of UK citizens who realize what an elitist farce this all is, dispite their nation's commitment.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vozda
It seems like maybe Israel/US have sent some special forces to steer up some violance in Iran, With an explosion in a Military base and in a Natural Gas pipe line (Swedish news) Maybe something is to happend in a matter of days or maybe hours?

Or, maybe the Iranian military just screwed up and had an accident at one of their weapons depots.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by Vozda
It seems like maybe Israel/US have sent some special forces to steer up some violance in Iran, With an explosion in a Military base and in a Natural Gas pipe line (Swedish news) Maybe something is to happend in a matter of days or maybe hours?

Or, maybe the Iranian military just screwed up and had an accident at one of their weapons depots.

that could be true but it seems far fetched and too simple for me... ammo depots generally do not
spontaneously-combust there is usually a reason.
its hard for me to believe an electrical fire started from a space heater being tipped over by one of the guards.

also the size of the explosion I would think even in storage this ammunition would have been stored in a way that there would not be one giant explosion more like one explosion with several collateral explosions.

but could be a cigarette thrown in the dry grass outside the warehouse who knows.

coulda been a timed explosion thats what it looks like to me anyway with one large blast.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reza_Pahlavi]-> Reza Pahlavi - Iran

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join