It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran explosion at Tehran military base

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As far as oil prcies go, Iran is currently the head of the OPEC board.

Iran is ranked #3 in total oil reserves, behind Canada and Saudi Arabia. Since the US gets the largest amount of its oil from countries outside the Middle East coupled with Iran being a large exporter of oil, im not sure what your getting at with the 50% percent cheaper comment.

As far as the agenda of the Iranian people, the people dont seem happy with Ahmidenijad administration, Since he apparently has bigger fish to fry.

So if I understood you right, you are suggesting Iran is essentially a puppet for the west?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The truth is that PressTV has much sources of information and they are inside Iran.

But CIA is just trying to do anything to look like they are doing their job very well.
Maybe they are trying to scare some people in Iran.

Anyway , they are masters of information and dis-information. But some people refuse to remember it.
edit on 15/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by xuenchen

As far as oil prcies go, Iran is currently the head of the OPEC board.

Iran is ranked #3 in total oil reserves, behind Canada and Saudi Arabia. Since the US gets the largest amount of its oil from countries outside the Middle East coupled with Iran being a large exporter of oil, im not sure what your getting at with the 50% percent cheaper comment.

As far as the agenda of the Iranian people, the people dont seem happy with Ahmidenijad administration, Since he apparently has bigger fish to fry.

So if I understood you right, you are suggesting Iran is essentially a puppet for the west?

quote from my post

What do you think would happen to the price of oil if Iranian production gets reduced by 50% or more ?

I am saying a 50% reduction in oil production caused by a war or shipping lane blockade.

That would certainly increase the price of oil.

For financial reasons, Iran may very well be a puppet or a partner.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, they have "freezable" assets in foreign countries.

Why else would they allow themselves to be so vulnerable ?

Ahmidenijad has a delicate balancing act to follow.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Do you think Presstv is a credible media source or no (keeping in mind PressTV only reports what the government tells them to report, where as western media does not have that issue). Every story PressTV runs is given to them from the government. I cant see the some reports are valid some reports arent valid argument with regards to PressTV simply because of how they get their info.

"Credibility" is all in the eyes of the beholder.

If PressTV is controlled by Iran's government, then maybe we shouldn't automatically believe the "official" reports of this latest "incident" as being true or accurate. I think they have more than one version too.
If they are controlled, why the updated versions ?

Probably for the same reasons we see updates in the West .... to inject confusion and sensationalism.

That analysis may fuel the reasons for all the speculation.

The Western media, IMO has some controls by governments too, but in different ways.

In general, I view all media as "not necessarily credible". There is always too many conflicting stories, even when the main source is AP, Reuters, or even Al-Jazeera. Different authors write different versions from the same "First Story".....then it spins into confusion and opinion.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

The truth is that PressTV has much sources of information and they are inside Iran.

This comment of yours is actually what im talking about.

PressTV reports it as a fire / explosion from mishandeling weapons. They state there was no outside assistance / committed by outside parties etc.

I just find it weird that the offical answer is being ignored in favor of rumors of Mossad / CIA.

On a side note, and this is an observation so no offense intended. I just see it weird that anytime something occurs in the Middle East, its the fault of Israel or the US. Even with these 2 incidents - 1 year apart from each other (missle plant, and now this ammunition plant), people still blame the west even though Iran said it was not the west.

Just seems like people are going out of their way to ignore any information that doesnt include the US or Israel. Just like the Hamas missile thread. It was all about Hamas and there actions against a military target, but in the end when Hamas claimed responsibility for it, only then did peoples start saying Hamas was run by MOssad.

If its good news - Arab media is beleived over all other.
When its bad news - A conspiracy is pushed that the arab group responsible is run by CIA / Mossad.

Sorry, to me it just kind of looks like cherrypicking facts to me.

Anyways, no offense intended and what not. Just wanted to make that observation on the off chance im missing something that you can clarify for me.

Thanks
edit on 16-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by paxnatus

Honestly, how can you defend this mad man?

Do you support Jihad as well?

How do you want to win a debate ? really ?

you should have said "Do you support him wipe Israel off the map?"

It would have worked much more for you.

OR you could ask "Do you support Iran destroying the planet?"

Jihad is nothing more than to defend yourself.

+Savage invaders know that Muslims are people of peace , so they just attack them to take as much as they could from their natural resources.

I have a question , Do you support US attacking any country decides ?

Are you a man of peace , or you just want US to attack any nation and they sit there still while they are being rubbed in broad daylight ?

You are very good with deflection. I will ask again, how can you support Ahmaddinejad?

To be exact the question I should have asked: " Do you support Jamaat al-Jihad"?

A community, established in the late 1970s by militant Sunnis and responsible for the assassination of Egyptian President Anwar Sadat in 1981;

Islamic Jihad?:

An offshoot of Hezbollah in Lebanon and used since 1982 in covert military activities.

Palestinian Islamic Jihad?

A group which has conducted suicide attacks on Israeli targets. Can you explain why or why not?
middleastadkabout.com

I asked you earlier about "public lashings"; something the West views as crimes against humanity, cruel punishment involving emotional and physical abuse. Here is the post:

public lashings It will be a good lesson for others to control their animal being. Like we all have a animal side.

So you believe if someone believes differently than you, they must be publicly humiliated and beat with a whip or cane? Extreme violence! Your answer regarding "control their animal being" is the depiction of sin in ALL mankind. Human nature.

Where does Allah come into play? Look at your response, Islam by your definition advocates violence. If man must take control, what power does your 'Allah" have?

You see contrary to your perception about the West turning to "Nostradamus", I do not adhere to a religion. I choose to follow 'Christ Jesus' the one true Messiah. I believe in a personal relationship with Him. I also believe in grace, the pillar of the gospel. Grace: unmerited mercy that God gave to us by sending his son to die on a cross to give us eternal salvation. wikipedia/devine grace

Where does Allah come into play? My reward is to live eternally with Christ. Yours, is 72 virgins, which represents sexual gratification and exploitation of woman, the truth of what your Islamic belief is rooted in. How is Lady Gaga, as you referred to earlier, more disgusting than this?

I'll patiently await your answers.......

Kindly,
Paxnatus

P.S. No, I do not support the U.S. attacking other countries except for self defense or to come to the aide of our
allies such as Israel if threatened.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
I asked you earlier about "public lashings"; something the West views as crimes against humanity, cruel punishment involving emotional and physical abuse.

Yet it's perfectly alright in the West to throw people in jail for years as punishment (because it creates jobs for prison staff)?

I don't know about you, but I would rather be whipped on the street than sent to jail (and I happen to be Western too, West coast even). "Crimes against humanity"? Crimes against humanity are internationally agreed upon, not dictated by the West. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a "crime against humanity". And by your logic, what do you think about throwing people in a steel cell to be raped and beaten for years, only to come out forever labelled as a convict in society?

I'd rather take the physical scars of a lashing than the mental scars of confinement any day.

Honestly, how can you defend this mad man? Do you support Jihad as well? The best defense is offense. Israel has not threatened to wipe Iran off the map and promised genocide, but Iran has. Israel is thinking get them before they get us. If Israel sits around with their hands in their pockets, it's too late, they are threw.
It is common sense man!

Well thank Christ I have educated sense then, because I would never go back to blindly following the words of my leaders if it meant the death, exploitation and dispair for my so-called enemies.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Satellite Image Showing Damage from November 12, 2011 Blast at Military Base in Iran

From

isis-online.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Iran missile base post-explosion imagery, now hi-res in Google Earth.

The Google Earth KMZ file is contained in the article. (Just above the image)

ogleearth.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join