It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of the world will not come anytime soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
For some reason ever since the dawn of time, people have been saying that the world is going to end but have never come with any accurate ways/dates of when this will happen. Some believe that we will have this incident happen to but there would have to be a reason for such an event to happen.

Others say that a whole different way to die will be 2012 and other nonsense.

Who are these people that fear monger to people to get them to do something desperate for survival? Is it the corporations who know they can make a profit with scare tactics for the masses or something more sinister that no one had thought of yet that can be explain with logic. I believe that in the end we shouldn't worry about when the earth is going to get blown/nuked but at the same time care for it as if it was your newborn child. We only have one planet to live in and it's not perfect but with the actions of men and women we can shape and mold this world to prevent such disasters from happening even from the PTBs clutches. Don't let fear of the end stop you from achieving your own goals, take action for what you believe in and stop the fear mongering of the end. Embrace it if there is no other option. You control your actions and that of those close to you. Only you can make a difference if you choose to do something about it.

edit on 12-11-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

That first video had me LMAO!

Good points in your post. I agree.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The planet will be hear long after this game of monopoly is over. some of us might still be here to start another but the earth will be fine just like it has been and will be for the coupla billion years it dosnt need us for its survival scared parranoid humans.
edit on 12-11-2011 by BULLETINYOURHEAD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Flag to you for that first video. That is some funny stuff.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I always laugh when people say "the end of the world is near"

The world won't end, the only thing that will end is our civilization and our species.

The planet won't end until the Sun becomes a red giant and swallows it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

How do you know? You talk all this [snip] but you sound just as arrogant as the doomsayers. Prove the world won't end soon.

edit on 12-11-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Honestly don't know why you fell into the same trap as less established members by posting the obvious. Needed a star/flag boost?

We have enough to worry about anyway, like for me it's the worry of spending the rest of my fairly young life alone with no money, barely any food, perhaps not even a home if things get worse. Not being able to even take a step towards my goals because I need money for that.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Who knows what is coming soon.

No one knows but one above all you.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am a "prepper", but I don't think the "end" is coming anytime soon, either. (Damn - I was really hoping to escape that growing-old thing). However, what got me to take an interest in prepping was watching the Katrina horror, and the stark realization that those people were NOT prepared and that the government can not take care of you when a disaster happens. Anywhere you live in the world, there is risk of something - earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, volcanoes, etc. so there is always a risk of something.

It never hurts to be prepared for the worst case scenario and you have six months of food. If the best happens, no harm done having six months of food. We don't worry - we get up every day, go to work, run errands, clean the house & have R&R time when we can.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

But one day peeps like you will be wrong and the world will end..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost33

How do you know? You talk all this [snip] but you sound just as arrogant as the doomsayers. Prove the world won't end soon.

edit on 12-11-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

wait there is more

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I still don't get why people think the "world" will end? Don't they know that if anything it'll just be HUMANS who end
Earth ain't goin nowhere without booting us off it first thats for sure. Remember those nasty giant lizards that used to roam over her rump, yea she had her cousins come in and wipe them out from space, i.e. asteroids.

new topics

top topics

join