It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mocking the purple heart at the RNC!?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
While I don't support the these childish smearing tactics, I have to agree on the underlying point they are making on this one.

Purple Hearts aren't like normal medals. They are awarded for being injured.

IMHO..The brave part is volunteering in the first place, or putting your life on the line for others in a specific incident or operation. I'm all for medals for anything like that, but a purple heart says no more about the man than a scar does. It's how someone got it that counts.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
muppet, you are correct about that one.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
You all know, deep down, that the whole bandage thing, is not an insult
to the purple heart. It's an insult to a MAN that recieved many, in a short time, under questionable circumstances, who may not deserve them.

stop sniveling

Very well said. Everyone knows that the Purple Heart isn't being
mocked. KERRY and his claim to three of them is. To try to say this
is republicans mocking veterans and/or their award is just plain
ignorant and stupid.

www.shopmetrospy.com...

Purple heart bandaids may be bought here. As the site owners
say .... it's a political statement against John Kerry and it DOESN'T
have anything to do with anyone else. It's very obvious.

BTW ... I 'spoke' to one person who had two purple hearts. He
sent in his order to get purple heart bandaids because he is so
ticked at Kerry for faking war wounds to get three purple hearts.

So ... A vet with two purple hearts sees what this is ... I'm sure
the rest of the planet are capable of seeing it for what it is ...
it's a political statement against Kerry.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
but a purple heart says no more about the man than a scar does. It's how someone got it that counts.

Thus the point of the purple heart bandaids. As you say -It's how
someone got it that counts.

Kerry wasn't injured. He barely got a scratch, and one 'injury' was scratches on hit butt from rice that Kerry himself blew up because
he didn't throw his own grenade far enough away - and it fell short
and it threw rice into the air.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You all know, deep down, that the whole bandage thing, is not an insult
to the purple heart. It's an insult to a MAN that recieved many, in a short time, under questionable circumstances, who may not deserve them.

stop sniveling

Very well said. Everyone knows that the Purple Heart isn't being
mocked. KERRY and his claim to three of them is. To try to say this
is republicans mocking veterans and/or their award is just plain
ignorant and stupid.

www.shopmetrospy.com...

Purple heart bandaids may be bought here. As the site owners
say .... it's a political statement against John Kerry and it DOESN'T
have anything to do with anyone else. It's very obvious.

Ah, the beauty of a conservative mindset. Complete inability to see any other point of view, and if you don't agree you're "ignorant and stupid."

You left out a "girlie man."

Face it (or not, as usual) another cheap political stunt at the RNC backfired. We don't question patriotism of vets...just Kerry. And definietly not McCain. That was last election. Nixon is indeed a breath of fresh air Arnold. :shk: And Zell, you give 'em hell. How dare them Dems question our fearless Leader.

The poor misunderstood Republican party. So disenfranchised. Surely the world must see their compassion. Their hate is focused, not pervasive. This is about Kerry, not our inabilty to know we look hateful we look with sandals on our hands. If you dissenters can't see we're really not hateful people, then you're just "ignorant and stupid."

You've just got to love it. If I had the means, I'd start a 527 and just rerun clips of that "love fest" day & night. No commentary. No voiceover. Just the Republican "vision" for the world...ending with "Vote Bush."

Oh, yeah and "Stop sniveling"
That is the message for America isn't it?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
C'mon Rant,

I am perfectly capable of seeing the OTHER, point of view.
Let's just say that in my workplace, I am SURROUNDED, by the other POV.
We talk about this stuff all the time.

I voted for Clinton, first Time around, after about 1 and a half years, I switched parties. How's that for the OTHER point of view?

Someone said this to me at work on Tuesday:

"so All of you guys, in your department, are Republicans?
Thats really weird, 'cause you all are so intelligent.
How could you be SO SMART, and be a Republican?"

All I could say was
" That should tell you something"

about 30 seconds later I added..
"It also explains why we keep our doors locked" LOL

Space

PS,

I forgot to address the "girle man" thing that has the crybabies upset.

Girle man, means SOFT MAN...Soft, like a woman is Soft. (at least usually
)
It has nothing to do with sexuality. Only the presence of Muscles..

Snivel snivel...

[edit on 3-9-2004 by spacedoubt]
damn keyboard

[edit on 3-9-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Whatever you think of John Kerry how in hell can people mock the oldest medal in the US Military that only goes to men and women who are wounded or killed in combat.

It's not the medal thats being mocked, it's the man who got the medal...
John Kerry has no principle... You teach people how to treat you...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
who realizes that the government will divide and conquer the people of this great country all the while we kick each other over which political party we belong to. Have any of you noticed how Mexico is taking over the south western part of this country, how your jobs are leaving, you are losing health care, your life savings all the while you bicker with your neighbor because he is a democrat or a republican. Get a clue people!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Someone please tell me where bush was during vietnam? And for those democrats who blast bush... Tell me how Kerry is better! The plain truth of the matter is that the quality of the candidates for this election is at an all time low, we have scum trying to run this country. As my father, WWII, Korea and Vietnam Vet would say, it's the ...king hippy generation come to fruition and they are destroying everything my generation and those before me have built. Even though he's in a nursing home with dementia @ turning 84 next week, the 10th, he is right! When he says that this generation never built anything but only took, he is right also!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Is this really the face the republican party wants to present to the world?

One more thing...I'm really tired of the persecution complex alot of republicans have. "I'm surrounded by liberals and they make fun of me!" And then you tell everyone else to stop complaining and whining.

Give me a break, you have control of all three branches of government, the big corporations, and most of the media. So don't try to make it seem as though repubs are the poor disenfrachised pariahs in today's society. That's like the warden of a prison complaining that the prisoners "talk bad" about him and won't let him play cards with them.

I was going to post a picture of a soldier that actually earned a purple heart in Iraq along side the one of that grinning beast, but I didn't want to hear the outraged, idiotic bleating that would follow. Oh blah, what's the point anyway? (sigh)

[edit on 9/3/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Flinx,

Don't get your panties in a wad..
I AM surrounded by liberals.
I am NOT whining about it.
I am finding MASSIVE amounts of Humor in it.
Thats why I like my job. (one of the reasons, anyway)
It's like a bad sit-com all day long.
Now....WHO is whining?
thankyouverymush....

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Flinx,

Don't get your panties in a wad..
I AM surrounded by liberals.
I am NOT whining about it.
I am finding MASSIVE amounts of Humor in it.
Thats why I like my job. (one of the reasons, anyway)
It's like a bad sit-com all day long.
Now....WHO is whining?
thankyouverymush....

Sorry, but you can't distract people from the fact that ugly mule wearing a Purple Heart bandaid on her chin is the face of the RNC, and that the fact that Bush didn't even volunteer for overseas duty has to be covered by attacks on the validity of medals Kerry earned.

IF YOU DIDN'T EVEN GO TO 'NAM WHO IN THE # ARE YOU TO BRING UP A MAN'S MEDALS?

IF you have a problem with the awarding of Purple Hearts bring it up with the Navy. An officer doesn't put himself in for a Purple Heart, his commander does.

Why do politicians have to go so low they insult all veterans?

Why can't they state their position and run on their agenda, instead of concentrating on criticizing the other guy, going so low to say he didn't deserve medals he got in 'Nam.

That dude earned those medals and no one but the Department of the Navy has any right to criticize medals they gave him. How you gonna say that someone who never even went to Vietnam has ONE IOTA of reason to say "You didn't deserve that." How about "Thanks for your service, but here's why I'm going to make a better president?"

No, it has to go down to the most base mud-slinging available. IF you have no agenda - just criticize your opponent's character.

I'm an independent voter but this here might have finalized my vote this year. I'll see what else comes out but the fact these assholes are so debased they can support the wearing of Purple Heart bandaids is really telling about how they feel about wounded vets, the respect they have for the military, and the types of Americans they are. It's much more telling than the words they use.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I didn't see anyone thank ATS user jrsdls

I'll take care of that now.

Thank you jrsdls, for your service to our country!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
This is terrible.
They don't give those out for anything less than valor.

The Purple Heart is not awarded for valor. It it awarded for wounds received in action against the enemy.

You will find the criteria here.

www.purpleheart.org...

If the band-aids carry a representation of the Purple Heart Medal or ribbon, then I have to agree that it is inapproriate. If the band-aids carry an image that suggests the Purple Heart award, then I would say it is fair game.

Addendum: I have seen a good picture of the band-aid and if you were unaware of the campaign and its issues, you would never associate it with the Purple Heart Award or John Kerry. It looks like an honest jab to me. Oh, and by the way. I am a recipient of the Purple Heart Medal.

[edit on 04/9/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
you bet your arse he saved lives by opposing that awful war after he left nam and speaking in front of congress.

I am not a racist because republicans are not a race of people
. However I do not believe in their beliefs and I have seen many times the republican party's double-standards and bullying tactics just go unabated.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by drfunk]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It shows where the Republican delegates come from. They have NO RESPECT for military service. Look at who they elected president and vice president. The sad thing is their actions mock all those young military who have died, been injured and those still facing those fates there in Iraq and around the world.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm a Republican and guess what? I served and my father served, his father served, and on top that...guess what again? Kerry is a frailin'/freakin' wuss and should be outright freakin' ashamed for even accepting the Purple Hearts he supposedly/seemingly garnered....and good lord, talking about looks of the woman wearing the bandage.....try taking a closer look at Kerry...Hey, maybe take a look at him from a side profile....hmmm?!

seekerof

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Someone please tell me where bush was during vietnam? And for those democrats who blast bush... Tell me how Kerry is better! The plain truth of the matter is that the quality of the candidates for this election is at an all time low, we have scum trying to run this country.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
True.

But it was the wrong nail.

Why are people so afraid to stand up for themselves?
No survival instinct I guess.. Terrorism must go..And it won't happen
if you put Kerry in da'house..At least one guy is standing up to it.
Thats the guy who needs to continue.

BTW...Grady...I appreciate your service as well..thank you..

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

IF YOU DIDN'T EVEN GO TO 'NAM WHO IN THE # ARE YOU TO BRING UP A MAN'S MEDALS?

I didn't go to the MOON either..Am I allowed to talk about the astronauts?

And I can see that you are getting REALLY MAD...Thats what I am talking about.
cry, whine, snivel...proving my point..thank you..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join