It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mocking the purple heart at the RNC!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
"Morton Blackwell, a prominent Virginia delegate, has been handing out the heart-covered bandages to delegates, who've worn them on their chins, cheeks, the backs of their hands and other places."

Words cannot describe this tactic. This is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard of in politics.

Guys running around the RNC handing out 'mock purple heart bandaids with purple heart citations' to mock Kerry's Purple Heart award.
www.cnn.com...

Whatever you think of John Kerry how in hell can people mock the oldest medal in the US Military that only goes to men and women who are wounded or killed in combat.

Morton Blackwell burn in hell, freak.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Even as a conservative very critical of Kerrys service record, I agree, that was a bit much. That being said, I don't think that anyone honestly can believe that they in any way mean to dishonor the medal in any way shape or form. In fact, one could argue that they were speaking for the honor of the medal in protesting Kerrys dubious decoration.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Even as a conservative very critical of Kerrys service record, I agree, that was a bit much. That being said, I don't think that anyone honestly can believe that they in any way mean to dishonor the medal in any way shape or form. In fact, one could argue that they were speaking for the honor of the medal in protesting Kerrys dubious decoration.

Whatever. Your political process is actually getting, repulsive.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Whatever. Your political process is actually getting, repulsive.

Then mind your own buisness and listen to your politicians that say ohhh so charming things about the US. Canadian politics repulse me more then US ones could ever repulse you. If you don't like it then BUT OUT! It isn't your country so mind YOUR OWN DAMN BUISNESS!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This is terrible.
They don't give those out for anything less than valor.

To mock the purple heart is taking away from all those brave boys who actually stuck their necks out for us and got injured in the process!

Walk one day in their shoes, man!

They didn't have a partisan agenda when they were out in the flippin' jungle!!

My dad was in WW2 and Korea, do you think he wanted to do anything that he HAD to do in the Pacific?

I don't know many 18 yr old boys who had to watch people (japanese) run on fire because you just burned them out of their cave!

Clear out villages because they were hiding in there among the people.

Being fired on as you travel from one island to another, in your boat.

He rarely talked about his actions as a marine.
He did what he was told to do.

He wore a bracelet with a Vietnam MIA on his wrist for years, and prayed daily for that boy.

He wore his Marine/ Vietnam hat to the hospital on the day we took him for the last time.....it was the last thing he did before he left the house.

He never would carry a gun or have one in the house ever again.

I'm glad he isn't here to see this..................

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I'd have to disagree, I mean I honestly could give a care less if Bush or Kerry win. I just think this shows how politicians get so whacked out on making issues out of things that they go insane. Their morals are below the gutter. All those boys, and yeah now girls, taking bullets and shrapnel for this country are awarded this medal... To make a joke out of it... I swear to God if I saw someone wearing one of these I would punch their lights out, I don't care who it is. Dudes coming home in body bags and these as$hats are making jokes of the Purple Heart. Morton Blackwell - I'll remember that bastard's name.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Get over it for crying out loud!
Dirty Politics is as old as Politics itself.

YOu all know, deep down, that the whole bandage thing, is not an insult
to the purple heart. It's an insult to a MAN that recieved many, in a short time, under questionable circumstances, who may not deserve them.

stop sniveling

AMM,
Just read your post, but I'm posting this anyway...WE said practically the same thing..LOL

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Having won a purple heart, I don't find this to be insulting. What I find insulting is not missing any duty time and claiming a PH. The fact is that Kerry is not the only person in the world to have gotten a PH when he probable did not deserve it. I don't think this would keep him from being president. My problem with Kerry is what he did when he got out of Vietnam and the navy.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Get over it for crying out loud!
Dirty Politics is as old as Politics itself.

YOu all know, deep down, that the whole bandage thing, is not an insult
to the purple heart. It's an insult to a MAN that recieved many, in a short time, under questionable circumstances, who may not deserve them.

stop sniveling

AMM,
Just read your post, but I'm posting this anyway...WE said practically the same thing..LOL

It's not an insult? Who are you to suggest anyone who recieved a Purple Heart didn't deserve one? Do you think you recieve a Purple Heart by asking for one, or does the DoD issue it to you? Stop sniveling? I'm sorry if there's still some things in this world that disgust me but you've somehow 'grown' beyond that. This is about people going so insane over politics that they spit and stomp on the most sacred things in this country, like the very award we're currently giving to Americans who get wounded or killed fighting for our country. There are some things you have to respect if you call yourself an American, and the Purple Heart is most definitely one of them.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
it's just typical ruthless republican tactics. Those animals disgust me and get away with too much.

HOW DARE THEY QUESTION KERRY'S WAR SERVICE RECORD AND ABILITY TO LEAD A WAR WHEN THAT PIECE OF CRAP BUSH GOT OUTTA NAM COZ OF HIS FAMILY. KERRY SERVED HIS COUNTRY WITH DISTINCTION AND SAVED LIVES. HE HAD THE BALLS TO TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT US SOLDIERS IN NAM WHEN THE REPUBLICANS WOULD RATHER MAKE THESE CRIMINALS WAR HERO'S BECAUSE OF SO CALLED PATRIOTISM.

These people have no honour and they need to be taught a good lesson.

drfunk

[edit on 3-9-2004 by drfunk]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Kerry saved lives? Funny, I though he said that he took lives, burned villages, killed livestock. drfunk, did you feel this way about Clinton? You want us to make a hero out of a self proclaim war criminal. you are a racist, you paint all republicans with you bile, venom and hate. Why is it okay for you to question Bush, but not okay for Republicans to question Kerry? Double standard? yes, you show your true self by your remarks.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
by 9 generations of the man who created the purple heart. I say the guy should be lynched. If I ever meet this guy, I will spit in his face. If John Kerry didn't deserve the purple heart, then why in the Hell did the Navy give it to him? My father, USAF Ret, 03/1970, was in WWII, Korea and Vietnam and told me that he would never ask a man to do what he wouldn't do himself. Bush and Cheney do all day long, both of them hid like little girls during Vietnam and now send men to their deaths in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
by 9 generations of the man who created the purple heart. I say the guy should be lynched. If I ever meet this guy, I will spit in his face. If John Kerry didn't deserve the purple heart, then why in the Hell did the Navy give it to him? My father, USAF Ret, 03/1970, was in WWII, Korea and Vietnam and told me that he would never ask a man to do what he wouldn't do himself. Bush and Cheney do all day long, both of them hid like little girls during Vietnam and now send men to their deaths in Iraq.

To whom are you refering to? what guy? Bush was in an Air Defense National Guard unit. They were not called up. Just Currious, have you been in the military? have you gone to war? or have you hid like a little girl? not trying to start a war, but before you condeme Bush and Cheney, look inward and see what you would do.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
My mothers maiden name was Holloway, her father was the supreme allied command and vice chief of staff of the USAF, my father was in WWII, Korea and Vietnam, my cousin was the Chief of Naval Ops. I myself tried to join up during the Reagan era but was not allowed to because I am missing a kidney. Being in the national guard in the 60's was being part of the pussy brigade, my father said so and he was head of all in country flight in Vietnam from 1965 to 1967 at TAC HQ.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
GrndlkNatv, you should ask your dad if he was a war criminal? Ask him if he knew people who got medals that they might not have deserved. In a time of war things fall through the cracks, people get medals the don't deserve while others don't get medals that they did. I am not questioning Kerry's medals, I question his tactics after coming back from Vietnam. I think Kerry should be proud of his service in Vietnam. I would like to know how 4 1/2 months can be claimed as two tours of duty? I appauld your attempts to join, at least you tried. Just Curious, you appear to be a democrat, who does your dad support. I'm a Republican and I have blasted Kerry in the past because of his reocrd in the Senate. He didn't seem to want to be there to much.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
GrndLkNatv,

I am glad you are joining with your opinions it is very interesting to meet you, and anybody here that are not from US you are welcome too.

This is so sad that politics have us fighting each others records and nationalities you should be ashamed of yourself.

This how this administration wants us to be divided and against our fellow Americans.

This how this administration wants us to be divided against our fellow people around the world, this not US of the world but the last time I checked it was only one world and many nations and we have to shared this small world call earth.

Wake up people we have been used.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Coming from people that wore flip flops with John Kerry's face on them, only to take them off and wave them in the air every time Kerry's name was mentioned...

Republicans to wear Flip Flops in NYC

Though the cameras pulled out to stop catching that while Bush spoke. Nice save.

Nothing uglier than the protestors INSIDE the RNC. The angry ENfranchised indeed.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Wow, this sounds like the mudpit!

This is why I won`t buy access to it... not all, but many of you sound just as bad as the politicians..... This is why they love you so much. After all, we should know they are just here to make sure they have a job for 4 years and can make a multi-million dollar book and speaking deals after they get out. They want to take care of their friends, so they and their families are taken care of after they are finished.

And you all are up to the challenge of defending them all..... It is amazing at how obviously childish and soap opera-ish they are all being and we all LOVE IT. The worse they get the more interested we get. I am sure the elections will have huge turnouts this year.

BTW: I am an american and I did serve my country during the first gulf war. So, no point to tell me to butt out of this one.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Face it guys, Politics by it's very nature divides. everyone has a partisan slant to what we write. Some are more commpassioned in thier views, and others respond to those comments in like manner. We are all Americans, not to offend those who are not. We live in a country where we can protest and have our opinions. we don't live in a country where we have to fear for our lives because of what we say. I think that our country has become polarized by both parties. The Republicans with Clinton, the Democrats with Bush. This is something that has been going on for along time. It's funny, John McCain stated it real clearly in his speech, but no one wants to discuss it. The extremes of both parties are causing a lot of discord.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Rant I had not Idea that the RNC did something like that interesting wearing sandals with Kerry's face how childish.

And for this thread, yeah people remember whenever US farts, the rest of the world has to smell his stench.

So whenever US play foreign policies it affects the entire world.

JCMinJapan,

What a shame that you have to post your credentials at the end of your post to avoid been trashed.

This really mud pit matterial, I guess it will come to the point that we will be ask our nationality before we can speak in this country or anywhere.

Just a reminder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join