It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange X-Ray today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hi all,
I am new so I have to post this here. I hope everyone enjoyed there Veterans Day! Mine was OK, except I am disabled and had another back exam today. The strangest thing happen during my X-ray's that has never happened before. When the nurse told me to hold my breath, I could feel the X-ray as soon as she push the button or whatever and the sensation went down to my feet back up and out my fingertips? It happened every time and was like an energy tingle of sorts. I have had many back surgery's and implants in my spine; rods, cages and screws. After all of these years I had never felt this sensation before. I was a bit concerned that the nurse had the radiation or whatever turned up but she said in all the years she had been doing this nobody had ever said this happened. Just curious, it actually felt quite stimulating and for some strange reason I have been wired all day and night like I drank a bunch of Monsters, lol, just wondering if anyone else experienced this before? Thank you.
edit on 12-11-2011 by chisisiCoptos because: pushed enter to fast

edit on 12-11-2011 by chisisiCoptos because: spelling

edit on 12-11-2011 by chisisiCoptos because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Very strange indeed.

No, just kidding. I hit submit before I mean to, as well.

But for what it is worth. Be sure to introduce yourself. It is the intro forum and I don't want you to get in trouble with the mods your first day.

Peace and love.
edit on 12-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have had problems on a couple post here lately where i hit a smiley and it posted.

I never had any sensation from a X-ray but i have from a MRI.

Something like a buzzing in my head.
edit on 12-11-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Perhaps some change has made you more sensitive to vibrations? Anyone else noticed an increase in sensitivity in this regard?

Interesting..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

I really felt that it was odd but this feeling was incredible. If I had to explain to you how I felt, it was like being on top of a mountain with power zooming through my body such as a charge of power to start off the ground. I had a strange sense of flight in my body, please forgive me rambling but I am trying to explain something I have never really experienced. I really am confused about how to explain what I don't understand?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The nurse did notice and asked me if I wanted her to stop the X-rays. She was kind of puzzled and said she was going to do some research on this event. Her and her colleagues were obviously puzzled as I.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chisisiCoptos

I've never felt anything during an x-ray, but I've had an MRI done and I felt a burning sensation in the area that was being scanned. It scared the c--p out of me, so I tried to climb out of the machine. The tech was so ticked off at me for ruining the scan. He ended up putting me back in the machine feet first (as if my position in the MRI machine was going to stop the burning sensation I was feeling?!?) I've asked my friends and family if they ever felt like they were being microwaved during an MRI and none of them had experienced this. Maybe it was just in my head, but it sure didn't feel like it!

It sounds like you're x-ray gave you a bunch of energy! Maybe the radiation killed off some damaged cells in your body that may have been draining you of energy. (With all of the toxins that we come in contact with, everyday, in our environment, they must be doing some damage to our bodies.) Its possible, considering they use radiation to kill cancer cells, overactive thyroid tissue, etc.

I'm probably off on my theory here, but we do have to consider that everyone reacts differently to different medical treatments, foods, proteins, chemicals, etc., so it just might be possible that an xray was beneficial to you.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Also I was noticing tonight that my mind seems to want to try to recreate the circumstances and try to achieve this sense again based on memory? I did notice something different going on? I am going to do some needed research to see what I can find out also, I just wanted to share this hoping someone else has sensed or felt this.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 4FreeDom4all

Thank you for that insight. I guess tomorrow will be interesting because I am having an MRI also. I have had them before but never noticed anything?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by chisisiCoptos

Thank you for that insight. I guess tomorrow will be interesting because I am having an MRI also. I have had them before but never noticed anything?

Your welcome, CC! Actually, your post has me curious so I'm going to do some research on this subject. I'll chime in again and let you know what I find.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The FDA hasn't been regulating Medical Implants.

Companies are having those items made overseas for pennies. The Titanium in you likely isn't pure medical grade stuff and is cheaper allows with lots of iron.

The X-ray machine is sending energy in one direction....magnetizing the metal in you.

Go buy a Electromagnetic Field Meter and place it near your medical implants.

I bet you will notice it shows around 0.2 to 0.8 Gauss....showing a magnetic field....your low grade titanium implants were magnetized. Which is bad. Free radicals and cancer oh my.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I HAVE HAD THE SAME THING.......noone believed me and hasn't since I've ever told anyone. I was getting an MRI of my spine. I was in the machine for a total of 3 hours. They wanted with and without contrast. I literally was in tears because I felt as tho the back of my head was being burned. It was so painful I was crying a lot!!! They just kept calling the nurse to dose me up with more heavy duty pain MEDS directly into the I.V. ,NEEDLESS TO SAY I was dosed up pretty good and it had no effect on this searing pain. The tech just asked me to try to get thru it and she didn't even get all the views ? That I was supposed to have and I guess the fact I was in so much pain from the MRI she got all nervous and flustered and screwed up my contrast views.

I felt weird for 3 days after and the first 24 hours after I couldn't do much more than lay in bed cuz I couldn't really move. It was the most peculiar thing and I've had many MRI ,I have a back injury ,never had any surgery for it ,yet. Just lots of pain MEDS, muscle relaxers, and benzos for the last 12 years.

I'm sorry you had to experience that but damn I am glad to see someone else with a similar story. I was told an MRI is a benign procedure and it was not possible it could cause ANY KIND OF PROBLEM. so I really don't trust doctors as it is but I know what I felt and I have been off and on heavy MEDS for pain and at this point my tolerance was well up there and it was not caused from the pain MEDS making me feel something that was not there.

To the op, I have had loads of xrays also ,I don't have any implants and have never had any strange experiences during an xray. Only had my freaky ,painful searing pain during an MRI. I would search the web and see if you can find any similar stories if you don't get much here.
edit on 12/11/2011 by SHABBYCAT because: on topic addition...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SHABBYCAT

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I HAVE HAD THE SAME THING.......noone believed me and hasn't since I've ever told anyone.

edit on 12/11/2011 by SHABBYCAT because: on topic addition...

Its nice to know that I'm not the only one that had that burning sensation and that I'm not going insane!

Pervius brings up an excellent point about the titanium implant. Much more realistic than my theory. I'm still curious about this so I will be doing some research on both the xray sensation and its relation to the implant, and the MRI sensations that we both experienced. I'll report my findings soon.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I once had an infection in the cavity that used to hold my wisdom-tooth - while vacationing in Vietnam. I went to the hospital and eventually had a x-ray taken of my head (one side of my head was pretty swollen).

As I laid down in the examination room with the x-ray machine, I noticed that it was a Phillips-brand x-ray machine, but it seemed really oldfashioned, compared to what I've seen elsewhere, but this was a public hospital in Vietnam (where healthcare is free, btw)

Anyhoo, I lied down, and the technician placed the photoplate under my head, and the emitter pointed at my jaw, where the infection was and took the picture.

But as the machine took the picture I felt a numbing in my head, like a really loud noise, paralyzing me for a few seconds... it was really weird, although it only lasted a moment.

I've had numerous x-rays taken of various parts of my body before, and quite a few of my jaw, at the dentist, but I never felt this sensation before.

The doctors prescribed me some antibiotics and gave me the x-ray pictures to keep and I was on my merry way, and had a wonderful vacation after that. Oh, and since I was a foreigner, they charged me all of US$ 7
for the whole thing - examination, x-ray and antibiotics

But yeah, I guess in some cases, one can actually "feel" x-rays

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chisisiCoptos

Hi and welcome to ATS! About your xray......that does happen sometimes.Some people are sensitive. However, it is not the xray you feel, but it is the charged air particles around it.

new topics

top topics

join