It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iodine-131 found in the air above Europe and Sweden. (Sourced from NRK)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yes as they spray the skies constanly and now what to blame it on Stars that are light years away. That figures. Or maybe they lied about the fallout levels and want to blame something else. s/f op thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
reply to post by tarifa37

That celestial body is thousands of light years from us.

To suggest it's responsible for Iodine-131 in European skies is entirely risible & wholly unscientific. You shouldn't believe everything you read in that ignorant English gutter newspaper.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger .
However you are correct its just very bad reporting getting two seperate story's muddled.

The paragaph about NASA and the Tarantula nebula was obviously press-released yesterday, and as you're dealing with young stars and exploding stellar objects there will inevitably be mention of the word 'radiation'. Basic science. But for the editor to allow this to be cut in to an article about human radiation protection is shamefully poor quality control and potentially frightens many people who have no reason to be unduly alarmed. DM care to comment?

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 12-11-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Despite the not Fukishima proponents, this article hooks it to Japan.
www.infowars.com...
Looks like prevailing westerlies would bring them our way. I wonder if that Alaskan "hurricane" is dumping lots of radiation on the north. Could it cross over the poles and hit Europe from that direction? I am not so familiar with wind patterns over the poles.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Looks like it is coming from outer space .

NASA have released images of 2,400 stars, known as the Tarantula Nebula, that are producing intense radiation and powerful winds, believed to be the cause for the detection in the atmosphere

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Oddly the article mentions that but then goes on to list likely sources, and that isn't among them. Very poor journalism.

It sounds like they might have a better idea of the source tomorrow. All we can do without more data is speculate. At least the levels are low enough to not be considered harmful, but I'm sure they would still like to ID the source.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Europe eh ????
Well how about this;

www.collapsenet.com... kg-%E2%80%94-attributed-to-fukushima-%E2%80%94

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by steaming

First I would hope there's a better source.
But from other reliable sources, nobody seems to doubt that Iodine was detected in the USA shortly after the Fukushima disaster, which the link you posted refers to.

However with a half-life of 8 days, the iodine from the March release should have largely decayed by now. There would have to be a fresh release of iodine from Fukushima and it would be detected in the USA even before it would be detected in Europe, or at least I haven't seen any weather patterns that would cause a Fukushima release to bypass the USA and still be detected in Europe but not the USA.

So I'm not sure what you were trying to show with that link, but it doesn't seem to be relevant unless I missed something.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
What is interesting about this is that according to an anonymous source:

The AP quoted an unnamed official, who asked for anonymity, as saying that the release of radiation seems to be continuing. The IAEA said it is under investigation.

Source

If this is true they probably know what/where the source is.
As we have western winds here in Europe nearly 99% of the time I don''t thinks that it is from Ukraine.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I was simply trying to ask if all is being disclosed in All countries

enenews.com... -controls-were-not-properly-in-place

Previos attachment did mention enenews for more local ie USA info.

Secondly one recent lecturer did say how it takes fission to produce iodine 131, how such - when passed in patients urine - is stored for 80 days and then disposed of.

Also in July this year large mysterious container arrived in Italy that was said to be highly RA. Have you read the recent reports on RENSE.COM.

Have you read the Australian health report that states how imported - from Japan - food is acceptable if iodine 131 is the measure.

Have you read how a group of global scientist are now suggesting how the largest Manmade Magnetic structure - the Low Hadron Collider - is now showing signs of being ;
a) Possible cause of certain Earthquakes
b) A feasible thrteat to the ever thin sections of the global crust....

Have fun, and the reason I inqured was in the hope that we may find a given pattern.
Farewell and have fun

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by steaming

With all due respect steaming. The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) has absolutely nothing to do with this current topic. Neither does magnetic fields/Earth crust. And containers in Italy being radioactive the recent eight or so days? Could you share some credible links with us please? We are very curious how you got to know that kind of information.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join