It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rokon-great SHTF vehicle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
www.rokon.com Not sure how to post links/pics, but maybe someone else does. Anyhow, talking to some other hunters, we were discussing quads and backcountry/cross country transportation. A couple of the guys use Rokons, which are basically a mini-bike that are 2 wheel drive. They use ag-type tire's with deep heavy lugs. They use small 6-hp Kohler engines,so very economical. They are very robust and made to be easily mainitained and repaired.For example they use the same bearing 18 times in the bike, so carrying a couple spares would be useful almost every time. Also, they can pull and carry quite bit of weight while being small and light enough to be easily handled by one person.A wide variety of accesories are available, including a log-dragging dolly. ANother cool feature is the wheels,which are 15 inch diametre,are hollow and cover with aluminum plates. Each will hold 4.5 gallons of fuel,water or whatever you want to put in them. If left empty,they will float the bike.
I think I'd like to ahve one of these in the back of my truck in a real SHTF situation. They will go almost anywhere, and while not fast(about 50kph top speed) it definitely beats walking. Anyone have or tried one of these?[rokon
edit on 12-11-2011 by xxclaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xxclaro

Copy and past the url of the webpage that the info is on into the post window, or you can click on Tools and then ATS Uploads and then upload pictures to the ATS database and then move them from there.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
NO LINK?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandelbrot2012
NO LINK?

You should have read his post first, he/she wasn't sure how to link stuff and put pics up and things.
2nd

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Here ya go...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Thanks guys. Managed to get a video up of an older (69?) model, still shows what it can do though. Gotta get this pic and link thing figured out!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Certainly seems very practical...

ROKON Accessories

Scroll donwn the list - Just looking at the list of bolt-on items for it, this is VERY useful.... A motorbike-tractor, with Plows, harrows and spreaders.... O_o

A power take-off kit (to take the engine's rotational energy to run things nike water pumps, etc)...

And the Trailer and Side-car (which can carry 600lb) - wow!

Definitely a good one to have in a SHTF scenario i would think....
edit on 12-11-2011 by Havoc40k because: Added more fluff

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Awesome vehicle, that thing wouldn't let you down.
Nice Find

Havoc40k: Nice Necrons profile pic, I've been waiting for the new minatures to be released
Sorry for the off-topic
edit on 12-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by jude11

Awesome vehicle, that thing wouldn't let you down.
Nice Find

Havoc40k: Nice Necrons profile pic, I've been waiting for the new minatures to be released
Sorry for the off-topic
edit on 12-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

Raivan31,

Thanks... I think it was concept art for Dawn of War, back in the day...

ALSO 180 Degrees off-topic, but I see there's another Necron in the house today
I've been waiting long for them myself.... got the codex on tuesday - so much of cheese in there now
Drop me a PM and we can discuss it where we won't derail any threads

back ON-TOPIC,

Looking at the pricing,

the Trail-Breaker (one with hollow wheels) goes for $6,175.00

the side-car (IMO very useful for large loads with its 600lb weight-carrying capacity) is another $1,095.00

not being in the US of A-wesome, is that a reasonable price to pay for something like this?
edit on 12-11-2011 by Havoc40k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I saw a three wheel inline Rokon that someone build from a old Rokon.

The guy built it for deer hunting and had a rack on the back.

He had the tires inline instead of trike setup so that it could go on narrow trails.

I also believe a old Rokon with the points type briggs engine would be EMP proof
edit on 12-11-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

He had the tires inline instead of trike setup so that it could go on narrow trails.

Might this be the three-wheel ROKON you're talking about?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havoc40k

Originally posted by ANNED

Might this be the three-wheel ROKON you're talking about?

Little more like this but made from Rokon parts.
jleibovitch.tripod.com...

edit on 12-11-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
here is the best SHTF vehicle known to man. They never let you down and are not fissile fuel dependent

Danner Ft. Lewis

Just sayin.........now laugh, nod your head, you know I am right

edit on 11/10/2011 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My father got one of these back in the 80's. It was reliable the only draw back was the front drive chain. They are unguarded and once in a blue moon a limb or stick would get hung in it and cause the chain to jump off. But if your are in a flat out run in a zombie invasion it could be a "Oh hell just leave it" situation. I liked it, just watch fording a creek it will try to walk out if its deep.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Havoc40k

the Trail-Breaker (one with hollow wheels) goes for $6,175.00

the side-car (IMO very useful for large loads with its 600lb weight-carrying capacity) is another $1,095.00

not being in the US of A-wesome, is that a reasonable price to pay for something like this?

Seriously, living in the US of A-wesome

I would not pay that much for the thing....

I could get a serious little 4X4 that would run over that bike.....and plenty of extras to throw in the back.........

new topics

top topics

join