It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacquiao Vs. Marquez III...predictions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Pacquiao vs. Marquez 3...tomorrow night. Any predictions? Doesn't seem to be many sports, let alone boxing fans here, but thought I'd ask anyway. These are two of the best fighters of in the sport. Pacquiao at best pound for pound and Marquez at 5th pound for pound. Two previous wars between them, both controversial. I'm paying the 55 dollars for it and can't wait. I think Theres a good chance of an early ko for PAC. But just watching him showcase his craft is worth the money. I love both of these guys but I'm a huge PAC fan and as close as the the other 2 fights were, I can't see Marquez being effective against Manny at this stage.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FloatingGhost

I am an expat from the USA and now living in the Philippines for 3 years.
So I am with you on this one. It could be many rounds to give the fans their money worth or it could be an early KO.
But I think Manny is going to control this one.. And yes i am a Parcman fan.. This will be a good one.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I am an expat from the USA and now living in the Philippines for 3 years.
So I am with you on this one. It could be many rounds to give the fans their money worth or it could be an early KO.
But I think Manny is going to control this one.. And yes i am a Parcman fan.. This will be a good one.

edit on 11-11-2011 by aimponca because: Sorry double post ... fat fingers

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It's a close one to call. I respect both of these fighters, but I think Manny is gonna come out on top. If only Dirty Money Mayweather wasn't afraid of Manny it would be the fight of the century LOL.

How about Klitschko VS Jean-Marc Mormeck?? So excited for that one too! Go Wladimir!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Pacquiao will win.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

The klitchkos to me are a perfect combination of size and skill. Also very balanced fighters in their skill. I respect them a lot, but I'd be lying if I said that I found the heavyweight division the least bit interesting. No one is beating those guys anytime soon. I'm a huge supporter of adding another weight division with the heavy weight cutoff being right around 235 or so. Add a super heavyweight division. Would bring a lot of competitiveness to the heavyweights I think. As for Mayweather...he's a coward. And an ignorant coward at that.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

They are both so incredibly good, but I think it will be Manny Pacquiao who comes out on top. We are really looking forward to the fight! We are going to a friend's house tomorrow evening, to watch it live with a bunch of others.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
It's a close one to call. I respect both of these fighters, but I think Manny is gonna come out on top. If only Dirty Money Mayweather wasn't afraid of Manny it would be the fight of the century LOL.

How about Klitschko VS Jean-Marc Mormeck?? So excited for that one too! Go Wladimir!

Hahaha you oviously dont read much, Pacquiao refused to take a drug test, that was Mayweathers only condition and it was a $40 mill fight.

And Marquez on points for the win he got ripped off last time
edit on 11-11-2011 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
marquez unanimous decision. vegas cant afford to let pacquiao win.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I predict that they will both end up with brain damage by the end of their careers and slurping their dinner out of sippy cups before their time...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muSSang

to bad pacman has agreed to the blood tests recently and mayweather has had nothing to say back.

stop being so 2 years ago

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ducking PAC is not the only thing makes may a coward. He's ducked plenty before. His legacy is unsecured because of the selectiveness of his career. Marquez most certainly never got robbed in fights wit PAC. Those were extremely close fights but if anyone was lucky it was Marquez getting a draw in first fight. I scored fight one 113 112 for PAC and second 114 113 for PAC. Knockdowns won it for him. Marquez did win more rounds though. 13 rounds to 11 in favor of marquez in two fights combined.
edit on 12-11-2011 by FloatingGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I believe it'll go the distance with Pac getting a close/controversial win. I don't care what the weight JMM is the one guy who will always have his number. He may get knocked down but I believe he'll be there to the end. Also if you look at pics of the weigh in JMM is looking pretty strong. I love both fighters so this will be one of those great fights where no matter who wins I'll feel like I'm the winner because I got to witness it.

Also please people don't turn this into a Pac vs May debate. That's the reason I don't go to boxing forums anymore because its too much blind nuthugging.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
watch highlights of the two previous fights against marquez and this pacquaio is totally different from the one that fought 3 years ago.

size, strength, conditioning, training 100x improved. i predict juan manuel marquez's face will look like a combination of frankensteins, cotto's and mosely's after he's done.

and marquez is a true mexican fighter with warrior pride. he won't be backing down. he'll go out on his shield.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Marquez is 38 years old now.
I don't know if he can still keep up with Pacquiao's speed and pace anymore.
I'll take Pacquiao by tko in the 8th.
As a side note, can anyone name an athlete living and active today who makes a better role model than Manny?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

i think pacquiao will win in six rounds.
juan is a great fighter but he has a size disadvantage. manny has been at 144lbs for a while now. his body is use to the weight. juan had to go from light weight past junior welterweight to welterweight. he weighed in at 142lbs. lightweight limit is 135. this might be too much for his body to adjust to.

juan is 38 years old. manny is 32. age may creep up and show itself saturday night.

i like both fighters but i feel manny has the edge and will win it in six.

-subfab

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

better fight than i thought it would be.

i think pacquiao won. my score: 115-113

-subfab

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Good fight, but according to the internet the winner of Manny vs Marquez is...
"OMG liek manny should fight floyd mayweather"

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FloatingGhost
reply to post by TopherWayne

I'm a huge supporter of adding another weight division with the heavy weight cutoff being right around 235 or so. Add a super heavyweight division. Would bring a lot of competitiveness to the heavyweights I think. As for Mayweather...he's a coward. And an ignorant coward at that.

That is why they created the light heavyweight division, you had guys like quarry coming in at under 200 lbs fighting guys that were at 230.
Mayweather is not a coward he is just undefeated and it makes people mad.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Mayweather's looking for another tomato can. Unfortunately for him it's his turn to fight, and the top contenders are pretty damn good.

Manny should just stop until Mayweather fights him. If he has to vacate belts, so be it. He's still the best ever pound for pound.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join