It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be a REAL Bigfoot Researcher -- Here's how...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
First, do some research about an area near you. Surprisingly, there are reports from many areas. Check out a database. BFRO has a good one. I traveled for hours the first few times, then discovered a spot that gave good results close to home.
Second, look for a group in your area and get to know the area you plan to explore. Don't expect to learn all their secrets the first time out. Be ready to talk about yourself and how you view BF. There are several different theories of what a BF is. Decide which one you like and find a group that thinks the same. Learn a little about being outside, camping supplies, and survival skills.
Third, learn to be patient, observant and calm. If you have done your research carefully, you will have some ideas. Perhaps you will try drumming, playing a flute, singing, or baby sounds. I usually go with at least one other person just for safety. Most of all, enjoy your time in the woods.
Don't expect result the first time you go out. Don't go with a group of newbies wanting a cheap thrill (or big bucks for bagging a BF).
Learn something each time you go out -- things that work and things that don't. We willing to sit and wait and listen all night if necessary or just go to bed - but listen up, they may sneak into the camp after they think you have dozed off.
Can I promise you will find a BF? Of course not! But you have a better chance with this technique than crashing through the forest or trying your giant spotlight. If you want equipment, try a bionic ear, night vision, a recorder, camera, or video cam, and a headlamp.
Now, take a tracking class!!! This is extremely important. It helps you see things that most people overlook.
Ready? Take a friend of like mind, what ever equipment you have purchased, go to the area you feel is likely and hang out with your eyes wide open.
So far, this technique has produced these results for me:
I found a BF "X".
I heard a BF scream - he was mad at his territory being invaded.
I have heard a wood knock.
I am still waiting for a visual, but patience and persistence is of the utmost importance.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Im glad finding bigfoot finally came out. Ppl have been posting better bigfoot videos on bfro than whats usuaslly shown on television for years now. I came to a point in my bigfoot obsession a few years back where i thought maybe we know of the existance of the species but keep it hush hush or mock it to keep poachers away. On the new episode of finding bigfoot bobo i think his name is, was catching one on a flir when he falls down and it runs away........come on
edit on 11-11-2011 by Corpsehoagie because: It

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I was watching "Finding Bigfoot" a few months ago and saw a commercial. I nearly choked. I had to pause it, and take a photo of the commercial. They found Bigfoot.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If bigfoot exists, I hope we don't discover him. For his sake and ours.
js

Peace.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I had an anthropologist once tell me that bigfoot cant exist and here are a couple reasons. 1 They need massive amounts of food to sustain a creature that size and that they probably are not just herbivores. Even if they just eat plants though there feces would be really big. But since i dont have any knowledge on this and the information he presented seemed very realistic has there been any evidence to disprove what i just asked??

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

Certainly elephants exist and they weigh lots more than a BF. Even if you saw a BF leave a nice pile of scat, what would it prove? We have DNA from unknown primates, but without a body, you can't match it to anything, so you can't prove anything with it. It might tell you what they eat and where they have been recently, but that's all.
We think they eat deer, berries, garbage, chickens from the chicken houses - some good photos of that - and probably lots of things we don't know about. They have been know to eat fruit and veggies.
I know there are lots of BF jokes. I like "Messin' with Susquatch" I don't know about BF shows, I don't have time to watch. If there are any good videos, they wouldn't be on those programs.
Here are some sightings: listverse.com...
I know many have decided BF doen't exsist, therefore, these have to be fake. I hope there is never a body to prove you wrong?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Really nice link....my favorite has always been the 'backyard footage' the kid shot.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

That was funny
Thanks.

Op you should probably give some thought to masking your scent as well.

peace

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78
Really nice link....my favorite has always been the 'backyard footage' the kid shot.

Half of the movies on the link are not originals, but Facebook/Findbigfoot team analysis. One of them has been debunked (the ukranian one) on FB/FB and the rest has also been analyzed multiple times.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Thanks for giving me more broad approach to the subject

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thanks for looking at the listserve. I don't know is all of those are true of not, but I think they are interesting to ponder. I don't mind if BF stays in the cryptid area forever. I enjoy going out and looking for him. If we ever got one, how many wackos and nut jobs would be out in the forest trying to make a buck? Not to mention skilled hunters and trappers. He is really better off being disbelieved in.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

The anthropoligist seems to be running his lips w/o looking into facts. There are approx 400k black bears in North America, approx 200k brown bears in North America. Those animals are pretty big and eat everything that can fit into their mouth. If bears can do it, why not BF?

Suppose there is a population of 30k BF spread over North American woods, how hard and often would those be seen? Keep in mind that during the civil war in the Congo many Bonobo pockets were virtually unseen and thought by science to have been eaten as "bush meat" but once the war settled down the Bonobo returned to a diurnal lifestyle. Now how often would BF be seen by folks who primarily are urban dwellers as compared to the Bonobo seeing folks who definitely don't live in the "big city"?

The greatest worry, physiologically speaking, is the primate need for Vitamin C. As primates, supposing BF is a primate, they'll need vitamin C. How much of that is present in the flora/fauna of North America?

Derek

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There's plenty of vitamen C for BF to do just fine...LOL....the inner bark of pine trees being just one example.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Since I beleive they are out there, then they have everything they need to survive. Most of us are not survivalists, so we have little knowledge of what nutrients can be gotten by eating varing types of plants, fruits, berries, roots, and living creatures. I think they are omnivores. Evidence points to them enjoying deer and berries. I don't what other food they might eat. It would be nice if we could observe them without alarming them. Wishful thinking!

new topics

top topics

join