It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siberian Tiger vs Grizzly Bear...Who Would Win?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I think that if these two ferocious and powerful animals ever fought eachother,it would be a terrible battle,with no clear cut winner...But if they did fight...Who would win?

One of the largest Grizzly Bears ever recorded,weighed 1,600lbs,on its hind legs stood 12ft 6" tall at the shoulder and 14" to the top of its head...

Grizzly bear claws are around 4" long and their canine teeth are about 2" long.They are not very good climbers and they can run 40mph...

One of the largest Siberian Tigers ever recorded weighed 1,000lbs,was 13 feet long from head to tail.Standing on all fours it was 3ft 9" at the shoulder and 4ft 6" to the top of its head...

Siberian Tiger claws are around 4" inches long and their canine teeth are about 3.5" long.They are good swimmers,can run 35mph and jump 30ft long and 10ft high...

I think that Grizzly Bears,although fast,are not true hunters and spend most of their time fishing salmon and eating berries and they are not very good climbers...

I think that Siberian Tigers are natural born hunters,they use stealth and are very cunning and they are able to leap high and far and can also run fast...

If these two beasts ever fought i think that the Tiger would wait for exactly the right moment,exactly the right angle and then leap upon the Bear and bury its massive claws into the Bears chest and sink its fangs deep into the Bears throat.Unless the Bear was able to use its huge paws and long claws to side swipe the Tigers head as it leaped and broke its neck,i dont see the Bear being the winner...

A Tiger spends its whole life tracking,stalking and killing its prey,it is a killing machine,it knows how to kill and my choice as the winner is...The Siberian Tiger...
edit on 11-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Im gonna have to dissagree with you. I think the mighty swipe of the bears paw would send the tiger flying and dizzy. Tigers are ambush hunters but the bear would have sniffed out the tiger a mile away or more. Plus bears have very thick skin with lots of fat to protect them from the elements. I think the bear would have more stamina as well imo, GRIZZLY WINS, FLAWLESS VICTORY

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
To be honest, I think it would depend almost entirely upon who's hungrier. Bear has medium agility and awesome strength; tiger has awesome agility and medium strength. Both have large teeth and claws and can take quite a lot in a fight.

I think it's about who's more desperate to win. AKA who's hungrier.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Imagine a 1,000lb Tiger running 35mph at the Bear and leaping and landing on the Bears chest as the Bear was standing up.I think that the Tiger would knock the Bear over and then very quickly and visciously rip out the Bears throat...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'll have to say the same , Grizzly all the way !!! Mostly out of shear strength and the thick skin and layers of fat they store ! But I'm biased I'm Canadian !! Actually I think our polar bear would kick a tigers arse too !!!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ever been atacked by a little 6-10lb house cat? They can be extremely viscious and very fast with their claws.Just imagine what a 1,000lb tiger would act like and what it would be capable of...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Tigers and Bears actually do ocasionally fight eachother in parts of Russia...

A long time ago we had a cat that weighed about 8lbs and she just had kittens and a 2yr old German Shepherd came into our yard and near our cat...

In about 5 seconds our cat quiclky ripped and tore its claws into the dogs face and eyes and then leaped onto the dogs back...That dog was terrified and ran away yelping with its tail between its legs and never came into our yard again...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Check out "grizzly bear battle" on YouTube !

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Loins and Tigers and Bears...Oh my!

^Sorry I couldnt resist^

I would put my money on the Grizzly.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Grizzly would win, hands down. Not even a debate. The bear will have a 2:1 weight advantage, with much more strength and power. Bears have claws too, and can bite just like any big cat. ##SNIPPED## Bears bite, claw and use pure strength when they fight. They can handle an attack from another bear, so taking on a big cat would be just another day at the park. GO BEAR!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
75% the Grizzly gets attacked and is unharmed because of its bulk and then destroys the tiger. 25% the tiger is stealthy enough to get a critical bite right on the attack, bear suffocates or bleeds to death.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
75% the Grizzly gets attacked and is unharmed because of its bulk and then destroys the tiger. 25% the tiger is stealthy enough to get a critical bite right on the attack, bear suffocates or bleeds to death.
I would'nt say that the Bear would be unharmed,its flesh isnt made of armor.A Tigers claws would rip it apart very quickly and they are around 4" long,easily long enough to do severe damage to the bear...

On the other hand if the bear could strike a blow against the Tigers head it would probably break its neck...

But a Tiger is not going to wrecklessly and thoughtlessly lunge at the Bear.The Tiger will wait for "exactly the right moment and angle" to strike and a Tiger is the natural born killer of these two awesome animals...
edit on 12-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

On the subject of instinct I agree that a tiger is a hunter, a chase animal, while bears are more opportunists, hunting if necessary.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Tiger, without a doubt. Size doesn't always matter. The tiger is faster, more agile, and smarter. Bears eat fish and fruit, the tiger runs down prey, sometimes even larger than itself.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If these two fierce animals were in a "protect their cubs" mode then look out! That would bring out their most agressive behaviour and Just the sounds they would make fighting eachother would be terrible to hear...

As i said earlier,our 8lb house cat ripped into,scratched and hissed and chased away a 2yr old german shepherd dog in about 5 seconds and that dog was about 7-10 times bigger than the cat...

That cat reacted so fearlessly and visciuosly,so quickly,that it was amazing to see...

A 600-1,000lb tiger,or any size tiger,would be a total horror and a killing machine...

Tigers have been learning the art of hunting,stalking and killing their prey for a very,very long time.It is in their blood and wired into their brains...
edit on 12-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Tiger is at the top of the food chain and doesn't have to fight to survive . All herbivores or carnivores hunt to nourish themselves and their young ! I still think the Polar bear would kick both their arses !!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The tiger is too agile and fast for the bear. Secondly it's jaws are much stronger. If a tiger can penetrate a croc's armor, and they can, the bear's fat couldn't withstand the onslaught. The bears claws are designed to swipe. The power is at the extension of it's arms. The tiger would be inside and ripping away with the bear being able to do little.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The tiger is too agile and fast for the bear. Secondly it's jaws are much stronger. If a tiger can penetrate a croc's armor, and they can, the bear's fat couldn't withstand the onslaught. The bears claws are designed to swipe. The power is at the extension of it's arms. The tiger would be inside and ripping away with the bear being able to do little.
Exactly and the tiger is not going to just wrecklessly charge the bear,something the bear would probably do to the tiger.The tiger is much more cunning.Stalking and killing is wired into its brain.It is going to slowly circle and size up the bear,never looking away for a second and then the tiger will suddenly and very quickly run and leap at the bears chest and head and tear into its throat.Or the tiger may even try to attack the bear from behind or at an angle,instead of straight on......

Ever see the footage of the tiger in India running and jumping up about 12 feet at a person riding an elephant? A person who lost a few fingers...Wow...Incredible agility,power and speed...

And the look on an enraged tigers face along with the steel like gaze of its eyes is truly frightening and awesome to see and then that horrible screeching roar...
edit on 13-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here's the thing yes a tiger is fast and stealthy and at the same time strong but a bear is stronger I think that a tiger would get a good sneak attack but a bear would end up overpowering the tiger but not before it gets lots of dangerous cuts and will end up bleeding out so i don't think either would win because of a tiger getting a sneak attack and the bears pure strength

top topics

join