It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop at #OccupyDallas blatantly shoving a demonstrator off a 4 ft. ledge before arresting him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

WTH!? I don't care if the guy said something he didn't like to that cop what right does he have pushing him off of that ledge like that!? Jesus Christ the guy could've been injured. I hope the man who got pushed didn't have any serious injury. And to the cop who did that I hope you get sued.

ETA: Apparantly, the officer's name is Officer Hollis. I know this happened already, but seriously this is just wrong and wanted to point that out.
edit on 11-11-2011 by KySc5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
slow motion shows he didnt even flinch.
Even the cop who knocked that guy out at OWS flinched when he realized what he did.
what a drone.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
These cops are really becoming thugs! I hope that protestor didn't crack their head on the pavement! That blind sided push was mean spirited and could have caused serious head injuries.

These videos of police abusing their authority should be presented in a court of law and the police offices and city officials should be held accountable for their violent actions.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

They will get together and protest for professional courtesy

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

I hope this cop and most of the other cops involved with human rights abuses get the crap beaten out of them.
They are the scum of the earth. The powers that be have shown that the people are not allowed to speak or question. They will not admit to their wrong doing.
We need to start taking real action.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
"Mean-spirited?" What does that mean? Is that as big a crime as being grouchy?

"Human rights abuses?" You thought that was a human rights abuse?

"Violent?" That was less violent than OWS is.

Just a bit of advice, save the panic and extreme words for when they're appropriate. If you don't, people will stop listening to you. Sometimes it's called "compassion fatigue" or "the boy who cried wolf."

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

"Mean-spirited?" What does that mean? Is that as big a crime as being grouchy? "Human rights abuses?" You thought that was a human rights abuse? "Violent?" That was less violent than OWS is. Just a bit of advice, save the panic and extreme words for when they're appropriate. If you don't, people will stop listening to you. Sometimes it's called "compassion fatigue" or "the boy who cried wolf."

Mean spirited, you better believe it! Any cop that has any compassion for another human being wouldn't have done that without being physically provoked.

Panic and extreme sounds like it comes from your own perceived use of the word. I guess if an OWS protestor did that, than those words would be well suited since your response shows you're against the movement. I think more people will stop listening to you considering your stance is clearly with the system that has been enslaving and controlling us for hundreds of years. Maybe Fox News blogs are more appropriate for your tastes.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by WeRpeons

When I saw your post, I assumed you wanted to talk about my post, or at least the issues in the thread. I see I was wrong, you wanted to talk about me, ad hominem. I suppose that's all right, but nobody can learn anything that way. That's what I wanted to do.

The message I tried to convey was that we have a what, 10 second, clip of a policeman and a protester? There was no context shown. The shove, or nudge, or push, was bare handed, the protester fell to the ground, apparently on his feet and that was that.

Calling that violent or a human rights abuse does not add to the movement's credibility. I'm offering help, you're attacking me personally. That's no way to communicate to the world.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Watching over and over and I just...can't see any provocation for this officer pushing him....

The only possibility I can even think of is whether or not the protestor made a verbal threat.... But it would have to be an interesting threat to push him like that.

Hmm.... I will have to listen to the local news in the morning here in Dallas to see if it gets any mention....Which I doubt.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You dont need these videos to see how cops are becoming more and more out of controle .
Why all you really need to do is be talking with a friend about how you feel the US needs to get out of other countrys and how much of a Bully the US has become and have said cop over hear this conversation .
Now ovesly hes a gon ho super trooper who stands for the red as blood white as death a blue as bruses from the billy club kinda guy is now pissed because he over hears you talking with your friend .
So hes says Wile your walking up the steps in front of him .You have a problem with me (HU?? i wasnt talking about what cops do ??? what I dont know you??? well why awere you looking at me like that? HU?? I was walking in FRONT OF YOU how could i even see you???? well you better LEAVE and not come back today NOW GO .
Ok???
so you want to find out just how free you are go ahead just talk to a friend and let a super trooper over hear you saying how the US is a BULLY and he will be happy to PROVE IT.
Yea this accutly happend to me in front of a public library i was chatting with a guy about the wars were in and how we have become such a Bully now wile no one else was even close enough to hear let along be offended by our PRIVET conversation (library was not open yet 5 mints left) MR super deputy (yea he guards the library from>??? anyway he over hears this conversation and now is pissed and wile i have broken no laws or even caused any kind of diserbence what so ever decides I dont have the right to use the public library because he didnt liek me saying how much of a bully the US has become .
Of corse he just proved me point now didnt he LOLOL
anyway i did just leave as much as I wanted to say hwta gives you the RIGHT to dictate what i can have a privet conversation about. BUt see what gives him THE RIGHT to beat you kill you and arest you(regardless of a crime or not is his gun and badge .
Rember that or it will be you in these videos being beat

top topics

join