It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Q&A about the nuclear bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZarbeMomin

Originally posted by ZarbeMomin
there is enough evidence recorded of the aftermath of hiroshima and nagasaki. from radiation burns to defects and stretch of destruction in both cities. eitherwise why else would japan surrender?

After the two Atomic Bombs went off, Japan still didn't want to surrender. They only surrendered when Russia decided to launch an invasion on the other side of Japan.
edit on 11-11-2011 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

edit on 13-11-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeyTookErJeobs
Sounds rubbish to me, people are still being affected today because of the radiation i think and the many picture taken, worst thing America ever did.

It is rubbish. As for the worst thing America ever did, consider what we see in our mind when we hear about "Hiroshima", the atomic bomb, etc. We see the ghastly effects of these weapons and for what it's worth I have no doubt if we had not used the bomb to end the war when we did aside from Truman likely being impeached for allowing the slaughter on all sides that would have happened with an invasion. I have no doubt the "bomb" would have been used later in the cold war. Remember the Russians had penetrated the Manhattan Project and had the bomb at least by 1949. We would have had WW-3 long before I was born in 1960. Seeing just what those god-for-sake n things do to real human beings has been in the mind of everyone since. We better not forget those awful images.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nuker
reply to post by ZarbeMomin

After the two Atomic Bombs went off, Japan still didn't want to surrender. They only surrendered when Russia decided to launch an invasion on the other side of Japan.

That is interesting. That may actually be true in that it was a combination. Supposedly an invasion would have meant many more casualties.

According to this timeline:
www.historyonthenet.com...

6 Aug 1945
Atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima
The Japanese generals refused to surrender.

8 Aug 1945
Russia declares war on Japan
Russia declared war on Japan and invaded Japanese-ruled Manchuria.

9 Aug 1945
Atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki
The US dropped an atomic bomb on the island of Nagasaki as the Japanese had not surrendered following Hiroshima.

14 Aug 1945
Japanese surrender

The Japanese unconditionally surrendered to the allies ending the second world war.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The real joke was on the Japanese as we were out of bombs after the first two we dropped on them.
We only had enough to build three bombs and one was used to test in NM.

It would have taken 12 to 16 months to build more nuclear bombs if they had not given up.

It would have taken 12 months get more plutonium to make another pit for the fat man type bomb.
plutonium has to be made in a reactor.

And it would have taken 16 months for the little boy type bomb as it takes time to refine highly enriched uranium.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Wowsers.

You guys (the ones that didn't read the article) REALLY need to read the end of that "Q&A:"

Hint: The "Q&A" has NOTHING to do with Japan!
edit on 18-11-2011 by Confusion42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is perhaps the most foolish and cack-handed attempt at presenting "new information" I have seen yet on this forum (and that says a LOT) - why couldn't you have just READ THE DAMNED LINK IN FULL before mashing the keyboard to post it here??

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeyTookErJeobs
Sounds rubbish to me, people are still being affected today because of the radiation i think and the many picture taken, worst thing America ever did.

Originally posted by Expat888
Tell that to my grandparents and all the others who were killed there when the americans dropped the damn bomb.

It was very much real and did happen..

Trying to erase history wont wash the blood from the u.s hands..

You didn't read the whole thing now, did you?

Haha kneejerkers

edit on 19-11-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The real joke was on the Japanese as we were out of bombs after the first two we dropped on them.
We only had enough to build three bombs and one was used to test in NM.

It would have taken 12 to 16 months to build more nuclear bombs if they had not given up.

your source for that silly claim is?

Read The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes,

"Groves had reported to Marshall that morning that he had gained four days in manufacture and expected to
ship a second Fat Man plutonium core and initiator from New Mexico to Tinian on August 12 or 13. "Provided there are no unforeseen difficulties in manufacture, in transportation to the theatre or after arrival in the theatre,"
he concluded cautiously, "the bomb should be ready for delivery on the first suitable weather after 17 or 18 August" page 743

and you "forget" that the USA tested 2 nuclear weapons in July 1946.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join