It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did this sudden fear of germs come from?.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
GOD did!

The GOD that we've all come to know.
The GOD that rules this planet.
The GOD that makes this world go round.

Gold
Oil
Drugs

The drug/pharmaceutical cabal figured out why not scare the bejesus out of everyone and get them to spend more money on more useless products. And while they're at it, they'll put a further rift in society and get us afraid of even shaking hands!!!

Ugh!

Unreal!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

i did hear something about the fear mongering of shaking hands with people =(

shows how arrogant some can be....especially kids

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I hate people who are scared of the world. Like last night I had a pizza, ate half of it, left half of it. Woke up and ate it, yet according to my sister it's "disgusting" to eat food that's been left out over night and that i'd fall ill

It's no surprise to me that such people usually have asthma and other allergies and health problems, and hypocritically use products that are far more damaging to humans then a plate of pizza that's been left on the worktop over night

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a Westerner as most my fellow men and women are so pathetic when it comes to this issue
edit on 12-11-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

I think it was Eisenhower who warned us of the "Detergent-Commercialization Complex."

second line

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

Personally, I think washing your hands 20 times a day is treatable with medication, lol. It's interesting that people believe that if the label says 'anti-bacterial' it works better. In reality, all soap is anti-bacterial. You can't possibly shield yourself from ALL germs and viruses. Eating a healthy diet and being in the best physical condition possible is the BEST way to avoid illness in addition to washing your hands, and other general personal hygiene.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

Its a sad state of affairs. I wish people could get over their sense of being to important or special to live happily and not worry about these things.
Its a sign of the times.

It's partly due to advertising, partly our obsession with self and health. Supermarkets have row upon row of these products and people think they need them. Be assured if you were poor in a developing country, your chief concern would be finding enough food to live on. Being relatively wealthy and spoilt, we have the luxury of obsessing about these things. This will change. I have already made the move to basic cleaning materials like vinegar and bicarb.
edit on 12-11-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lazydaisy67

because they don't know what soap is...it is supposed to clean and detoxify your hands, not kill all bacteria..your skin produces good bacteria which fight off parasitic invaders and some viruses and if you use Anti-bacterial or was your hands to often you are increasing your chances of getting attacks early

those people who are way obsessed over germs deserve to die because they are weak

top topics

<< 1   >>

join