It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could anyone consider voting for this man?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Happy veteran's day to all of my brothers and sisters. The thanks are nice to hear, and I am sure the men and women who served in Viet Nam appreciate hearing them. That being said, I just ran across a post on HuffPost that seriously made me angry, just curious about your thoughts.

"It is well-known that Romney wants to take away seniors' Medicare and turn it into a privatized voucher system, but it is unfathomable that on Veterans Day he would even hint at privatizing their VA health care," said Protect Your Care spokesman Eddie Vale. "Although I guess that is the kind of thing they should expect from someone who in the past said his sons also served their country by campaigning for him." Vale was referring to remarks Romney made in the 2008 campaign, when he defended his five sons' decisions not to enlist in the military by saying they were serving their country by helping to get him elected.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I mean there are alot of problems with romney.
The simple fact is be is backed by goldman sachs...

He doesn't have a solid plan to fix anything, and he never stays true to an ideal, and he always get the MSM coverage that is most flattering.

I would not want to see him as POTUS, but he has already been chosen.

Average citizens, don't really look into it.

He is the worst of the worst, and the people love him for it. Telling us here, who are informed, who know of his past won't help much. The message has to be spread wider.

he has a public history, anyone can see.

I am not sure what can be done to stop him. He should be stopped though, he will not fix the problems.

he also been connected to bildeburg, trilateral commision and others.

The really weird thing is almost all his connectiosn to these organisation hae been removed in the past couple of years. I mean there were articles in press and they all got removed. All links to sources are removed... that has to tell you something.

This has peaked my curiosity...no one hides this stuff from me hahahaha I will find it

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I am honestly having trouble with the entire Republican field. There is not 1 I can get 100% behind, Dr. Paul has the biggest part of my support, but most of them are below 0.

link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I don't know how anyone can consider voting on any of the candidates so far. Honestly I kind of wish Ventura would run for president. Now a days though it's really the lesser of two evils when it comes to politics. None of them are worth anything anymore.

link   

Romney made in the 2008 campaign, when he defended his five sons' decisions not to enlist in the military by saying they were serving their country by helping to get him elected.

I recall this issue. He stood up there on the stage with his sons and proudly proclaimed their patriotism for helping his campaign.

For me this speaks to the gall this guy. Certainly he is only one of the rich elites but this one point points out the disconnect with the public that he could make such a claim and do it with a straight face.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I followed pretty close in 2008, but don't remember this, it might be the whiskey. I understand the far left guys being proud that their sons have not served, but cannot imagine these words spoken by someone who is looking for support from the right. Things like this speak tons to me about the hypocrits on both sides.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Ugh. Twit Romney gives me the creeps. I've seen more compassion in the eyes of a mannequin.

I'm sure this presidential election will be painful to watch, and it doesn't matter which sock puppet will get picked. I will not be voting, I cannot participate in this massive lie anymore.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Fission,

there is no doubt in my mind that it is going to be ugly. I supported Obama in 2008 and am disappointed in him, but there is nothing the republicans are offering that will make me change my mind. Like I said, Dr. Paul has some good ideas, but my thought at this point is that the sins of son are being visited on the father, his son is an idiot.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Fission,

there is no doubt in my mind that it is going to be ugly. I supported Obama in 2008 and am disappointed in him, but there is nothing the republicans are offering that will make me change my mind. Like I said, Dr. Paul has some good ideas, but my thought at this point is that the sins of son are being visited on the father, his son is an idiot.

I agree with you in supporting Paul, but only to a point. I have many questions about specific areas. Though I have not been dancing in the streets over Obama, I also think compared to who he's up against, the whole GOP field is anti-scientific, social faciests, and just very dim witted. (Ron Paul is a bit more tolerable but I do have many questions about specifics, though I doubt TPTB with the GOP would ever let him get near the nomination). I agree Rand Paul is an idiot, they say smarts skips a generation. Even if true in his case, does it have to be THIS bad?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

I have a lot of questions about Dr. Paul, and have to admit, the comments and attitude of his son have really set me to start looking, his son is a liability. My biggest problem with government spending is the fraud, waste, and abuse. Obama said he would look at the budget line by line, and he hasn't, this is where my issues lie. That being said, not sure any candidate would do that, I can eliminate all of the repubs, they all seem to want to eliminate commerce, energy, epa, education, etc etc. The idiocy of this entire election cycle is totally blowing my mind.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Ron and his son don't see eye to eye on some issues, they respect each others' positions though.

What kind of questions do you have regarding Ron Paul?

I think if anybody wants a good backstory to how the 'Ron Paul Revolution' was started, check out this documentary: For Liberty

And now regarding Romney, he and Cain are jokes, in my opinion. They only say what makes their current audience happy and have no regard for the Constitution. Romney can't even answer a direct question if he would support a bailout for Europe. Come on...

yes Romney, we all know you've spent time in the private sector, get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't like Romney and would never vote for him but I agree with his statement about his sons 100 %.

Instead of enlisting for a military who will send you god knows where to kill others and possibly die for someones agenda ( not to defend the United States and the freedoms the US is based on) his sons choose to do their part by getting involved in politics. That is admirable and worthy of serving this United States. It matters not they worked for their father, a bad politician.

What matters is they did what they believed was right to help America become a better place. that is the same as fighting in a war to defend our freedoms and protect our homeland.

We have not been involved in a war for over 50 years where we fought an enemy that directly threatened our homeland or our freedoms. Therefore, there is no reason to enlist. If there was such a war, people would enlist or they would reinstate the draft. I would be much more proud today to serve this country by getting into politics, or law than serving in this corrupt military.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I have no problem with the way you feel, my military years were my good ones. But to equate campaigning to serving your country, I am forking pissed.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Why? How / where do you make a distinction? if your going to serve your country there are many good ways to do that other than serve in the military. I think helping a politician get elected who may do the country some good is a good way to serve.

Why do you not feel this is so?

What other ways to serve your country beside serving in the military would be acceptable to you?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

so do a write-in.

you don't have to vote for the candidates that have been prefabricated and chosen for you.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
reply to post by arbiture

I have a lot of questions about Dr. Paul, and have to admit, the comments and attitude of his son have really set me to start looking, his son is a liability. My biggest problem with government spending is the fraud, waste, and abuse. Obama said he would look at the budget line by line, and he hasn't, this is where my issues lie. That being said, not sure any candidate would do that, I can eliminate all of the repubs, they all seem to want to eliminate commerce, energy, epa, education, etc etc. The idiocy of this entire election cycle is totally blowing my mind.

Unfortunately, for anyone person to look at the budget "line by line" needless to say he needs very good people who can dissect the budget in such a way and then present it in a format that can be presented to a President over the course of many meetings, and this takes time, and the people who know how to do this. Assume you get a "budget cutting&waste elimination meeting" with the President once a day for and hour after those who are tasked with breaking it all down can provide a synopsis. Given the size of the government if optimistic it may be done in a few years. Thats very optimistic.

The size of the Federal government is so vast and the fact many things (though not social security and areas like infrastructure repair, etc, and most of the big ticket items. In other words "most" budget items.) are in the deep black. A President needs to know what and where something is so he can at least ASK about it. And this gets sticky to say the least. Truth is this part of the budget, the deep black are sometimes not even on ANY books. While they call it black... is not the reason were in such a god awful mess.

As for the idiocy of the whole election cycle and this need to screw who ever is in power, in this case the President, rather then do what you can to represent the people who put you there in the first place drives me nuts. Perhaps in 2012 the people who may or may not agree with one political position or another at least see this infantile foot stamping and "Our goal is to get the other guy" will be seen for what it is. An assault on the American people and a violation of the oath of office each member of congress took. No where in that oath is there anything that says "Screw the other guy, party, or anyone we don't like and in doing so to hell with the state of the U.S. Drive us into paralysis, And feel free to act like spoiled arrogant children because thats more important then the country".

The Republicans think by utter and complete deregulation of stuff like environmental monitoring and some limits on what poisons you can put in water, foods, or the drug supply, or no controls on criminal banking practices, or the elimination of many agencies that conduct science research at the core level, and then often (usually) hand off what they learn to the private sector to translate this into new, and advanced technologies, what, they think this makes sense? Sure if you want to damage the nation at a fundamental level. I don't think the GOP is full of treasonous people, at least not by intent, just a bunch of dumb twits, at least the clown's they put up to run for President. In some basic research industry has to make money (which is OK with me), and hence can't do basic research from which we learn that which can be translated into "stuff" that can make our lives better, richer (as in meaning) and more fun. And we wonder why we're falling so behind the output of other nations, in particular those who value science, math, history, and basic communication skills. Like English in the case of the U.S.

top topics

join