It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Polled Americans prefer Israel PM to Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

President Obama's hot-miked conversation with French President Nicolas Sarkozy suggested that he is frustrated with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- but Americans might be more frustrated with Obama than they are irritated by Netanyahu.

"A poll conducted by the group Greenberg Quinlan Rosner found that 52.3 percent of Americans rate Netanyahu positively, compared to 51.5 percent for Obama," reports Israel Today Magazine. "The results of the poll were enthusiastically discussed on Israel's Channel 10 News on Thursday."

campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

Wow seems Netanyahu is more liked than fearless leader and that says something. Granted it a close call but whatever.

Oh this is going to be a fun thread let the cat fight begin haters gonna have and lovers gonna be lovin.
edit on 11-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

An Israeli polling company..
Who'd have expected that result.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

I'm not Israeli and i like him better than the big O.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Benjamin Netanyahu never promised change and transparency as far as I know. Something in his favor anyway.

But in the end.. how much difference is there between the two?

What's more popular? Vomit or feces?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Kim Jong IL wins my vote over those two.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Funny thing is Greenberg Quinlan Rosner does not show the poll on there website. Seems strange that they don't have it listed. But this news does come from the Examiner.

www.greenbergresearch.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Polled Americans are dumb as #.

I don't have to be more clear than that. It's the state that has its fist up America's puppet hole, and American citizens love their PM? Jesus, how dumb are these people. With all that is happening in the world I have stopped simply saying "I don't want to live in this country anymore" I'm starting to say "I don't want to live on this planet anymore"

Seriously? A poll most likely created by Jewish people and interest groups will most likely create an image that skews the view of the American Israel relationship. In reality, Americans probably have a certain feel about Israel. I know what I feel. America over-sympathized after WWII along with the British and UN. Transferring British owned lands to the people who just experienced tragedy, and then arming them to the teeth. The Jews not only survived the Nazi reign of terror, they learned from it and perfected the tactics. Wake up people.
This isn't an antisemetic post. This is the truth. Jews aren't bad people. Jews aren't crazy people. Zionist on the other hand...they are another story.
Wake up, smell the coffee. America has been infiltrated, and the perpetrators might try to drag us into WWIII and beyond the end of the world.

Wake up or become accessories to a great crime Americans. Stand on the proper side of history, and don't support war mongers...just this once...just this once when it matter more than any other time in history. Do not give in to their lobbyists or special interest groups, for they will engulf the world in nuclear fire.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

I'm not Israeli and i like him better than the big O.

Chances are you're christian or Jewish, also chances are the people polled were one of these 2.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

The fact is i haven't stepped into a church in over 25 years or opened a bible.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm currently looking at the poll itself right now, and nowhere in it is there a question contrasting the two leaders, let alone any result stating stronger support for Netanyahu. The closest there is in the poll to what is reported is a question asking for people to give their feeling about specific figures, states and peoples on a scale from 1 to 100. 1 being cold and 100 being warm. Scores broken down by the mean and by the percentage of respondents that gave a score of 51 to 100:

Barrack Obama - 59 (54%)
Benjamin Netanyahu - 56 (36%)

Just looking at those numbers show the opposite of what these headlines state. Americans, in fact, feel stronger about Obama than Netanyahu, and further, a higher percentage feel much more strongly.

The rest of the poll showed a right lean, not surprising considering two things. First, 44% of respondents self-identified as conservative versus 21% as liberal. Second, these are 800 Americans that quite frankly don't have the best grasp on the multitude of things that go on in Israel.

Most interesting to me is the poll item which received the highest supportive rating in the poll:
President Obama has said it is very important for Palestinians to continue to make progress in reducing the incitement and anti-Israel sentiments that are sometimes expressed in schools and mosques and in the public square, because all those things are impediments to peace.

Support this position: 90%
Oppose this position: 8%

I can't find this poll result posted anywhere.

So, my question is: where does this "polled Americans prefer Israel PM to Obama" nonsense come from?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by neo96

How is this relevant in any manner?

I suppose BiBi's supporters also support his repression of Palestinians and Israel's attempts to engage Iran in war.

Give me a break.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

There was a slight drop in support for Israel among Republican supporters, despite the fact that the Republican party is generally considered to be friendlier to Israel. There was still a majority even among Republicans, however, with 77% supporting Israel, down from 81% in a poll conducted last July.

I suppose there are always two ways to look at any story.

Israel National News

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That would make sense. Netanyahu does embody America's legacy of displacing other cultures, after all. The Palestinians and Indigenous Americans have quite a bit in common.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

So do legal American's getting displaced by illegals oh and the Palentines have been kicked off "their land" by other countries never seem to be mentioned.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LuckyLucian

Most interesting to me is the poll item which received the highest supportive rating in the poll:
President Obama has said it is very important for Palestinians to continue to make progress in reducing the incitement and anti-Israel sentiments that are sometimes expressed in schools and mosques and in the public square, because all those things are impediments to peace.

Support this position: 90%
Oppose this position: 8%

Very odd for a President to get into religion like that, to single out one religion..
I wonder though if they checked on what's taught in some Jewish schools and synagogues.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

President Obama's hot-miked conversation with French President Nicolas Sarkozy suggested that he is frustrated with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- but Americans might be more frustrated with Obama than they are irritated by Netanyahu.

"A poll conducted by the group Greenberg Quinlan Rosner found that 52.3 percent of Americans rate Netanyahu positively, compared to 51.5 percent for Obama," reports Israel Today Magazine. "The results of the poll were enthusiastically discussed on Israel's Channel 10 News on Thursday."

campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

Wow seems Netanyahu is more liked than fearless leader and that says something. Granted it a close call but whatever.

Oh this is going to be a fun thread let the cat fight begin haters gonna have and lovers gonna be lovin.
edit on 11-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

With all racist, anti-Semitic and political views aside…..

Anyone who has heard Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu speak would have to admit that Netanyahu is a more intelligent, thoughtful, measured orator that Obama. He is a man who has true life experience outside government as well as a knack for galvanizing support. He’s a true patriot. He risked his life as a special op’s soldier in the IDF and he’s also devoted much of his civilian life in service of his country. Obama hates his country (his wife said so and his actions reflect) and he's done everything he can to tear down our system here in America and remake it into the social utopia so many here on ATS seek.

Obama is a figurehead rather than a true leader like Netanyahu. Obama reads a teleprompter to speak. We all know he's not calling the shots!

It’s not a shock to me that Netanyahu polls better with Americans....I'd vote for him! We appreciate patriotism and leadership in this country. Obama has none and Netanyahu exudes it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Kim Jong IL wins my vote over those two.

Is that because you're a communist, a Korean or just insane?

Kim Jong Il is responsible for the death of millions of his own people.

new topics

top topics

join