It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret ufo video filmed by Finnish officials 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Okay, i think i'll have a crack at creating my first thread. There seems to very little to none sightings, pics, or videos from Finland presented here. As i scour around The Finnish UFO Research Association FUFORA's site like daily, i thought i'd pick up the most interesting stuff from there and translate it for you guys here. Only some of the reports (fairly old) are readily translated at the moment, so i'll start off with one of those (and this is the newest of the translated ones by the way):

Finnish officials have filmed UFOs by infrared video at least twice, November 2003 and April 2005. The Finnish UFO Research Association FUFORA has received the videos for further analysis. “No normal explanations have been found, neither by officials nor UFO researchers”, says Tapani Koivula, chairman of FUFORA.

This was all over the news at the time and a few years back these videos finally got put on the Internet. You can find the rest of the material (including pics and video clips of this incident) here. Also check out the main page (link above) for some english material presented on the left side nav bar.

Have fun with the little bits and pieces available from Finland in english language. I'll bring you more (especially from the database section (all in finnish, i'm afraid), which currently has 562 reports since 2001).

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Although I appreciate your willingness in translating the finnish language into english, I don't believe the "rods" are the best introduction you could make. It has been proven to be insects and/or birds at several occasions. The reason for its misidentification is simply due to ignorance of how cameras work. For some constructive criticism, I think you could've found a case that interested you, and told us about why.

However, alot of UFO incidents may get lost in translation, and the work by bilingual enthusiasts within the field may bring some very interesting cases and perspectives to the table. This may still be an interesting case, but the rod thing put me off.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
its interesting that et space craft cloak themselves or become invisible to the human eye, id like to know the history of it especially the first time they captured them in the infrared spectrum, itd be nice to have the ufo community world wide do infrared surveillance and see what can be captured, if its good enough for the govt it should be good enough for us

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This states that it was filmed and analyzed by Finnish officials, so that would pretty much indicate that these people are experienced analysts from either the military, border patrol, civil aviation authority, or perhaps some other governmental body with the rights and reason to do so. This will not have been done by just any who.

I have lived here in Finland for twenty-five years now. I am originally from the US. I can tell you that Finns are rather uncreative and very humble, to the point of insecurity. They are probably the least likely (or able) to fabricate a story about anything out of the ordinary. They rely on cold analysis and mundane explanations to rule their lives. Here, a rule is a rule is a rule - and you don't break them. If they authorities *could* have considered this to be an insect or any such mundane explanation, they most assuredly would have done so. The fact that they cannot and did not means that it *is not*.

I hope you enjoyed our little lesson on ways and wonders of Finland. Now back to your regular programming.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
This states that it was filmed and analyzed by Finnish officials, so that would pretty much indicate that these people are experienced analysts from either the military, border patrol, civil aviation authority, or perhaps some other governmental body with the rights and reason to do so. This will not have been done by just any who.

I have lived here in Finland for twenty-five years now. I am originally from the US. I can tell you that Finns are rather uncreative and very humble, to the point of insecurity. They are probably the least likely (or able) to fabricate a story about anything out of the ordinary. They rely on cold analysis and mundane explanations to rule their lives. Here, a rule is a rule is a rule - and you don't break them. If they authorities *could* have considered this to be an insect or any such mundane explanation, they most assuredly would have done so. The fact that they cannot and did not means that it *is not*.

I hope you enjoyed our little lesson on ways and wonders of Finland. Now back to your regular programming.

Hey cosmetic egg. I think you are taking something that is fundamental, making it a mountain, climbing to the top and posting your flag of truth on it. What Finnish officials? Are these experts in the art of photography? They could be low level paperpushers that respond to questions because their boss told them to say this or that. I have filmed these "subjects of intrest" before. Just to see if it can be done. And you can too. Take any digital video camera and slow down the frames per second. A low level light video can be shot at around 30 fps. Then just go out and video a flying bug in a low light setting. Like just after the sun goes down and there is still enough light left to see something. Poof....you got a rod.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by subcsailor

You stumbled and fell, kid. See, analysis requires more than just looking at something while drools falls from your lower lip. I suspect they would have enlisted some degree of mathematics as well as the likelihood of bugs or birds being the culprits. I suspect they would have compared it to known norms in other samples. They would have done all that, junior, because they tend to be fairly well-educated and no-nonsense otherwise because that's how they are. We have small bugs up here, not big ones. We have very specific light conditions here, since the sun is absent for part of the year and present nearly round the clock at the height of summer.

Don't assume others are dim. What you did with your Winnie the Pooh camera might just be exceeded by the tech other employ.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

You stumbled and fell, kid. See, analysis requires more than just looking at something while drools falls from your lower lip. I suspect they would have enlisted some degree of mathematics as well as the likelihood of bugs or birds being the culprits. I suspect they would have compared it to known norms in other samples. They would have done all that, junior, because they tend to be fairly well-educated and no-nonsense otherwise because that's how they are. We have small bugs up here, not big ones. We have very specific light conditions here, since the sun is absent for part of the year and present nearly round the clock at the height of summer.

Don't assume others are dim. What you did with your Winnie the Pooh camera might just be exceeded by the tech other employ.

I stumbled and fell? Nice try. By your own admission you don't know. You only suspect. While I have actually filmed it myself. Who fails here? You fail. You sit down and splat nonsense and accross your computer screen while avoiding going out and doing a little research on your own. Next time try to come up with something a little more credible than, "I suspect". You missed the mark on this one but I'm sure you can figure out how to have an original thought and recover some day.
edit on 12-11-2011 by subcsailor because: I can't spell worth sh!# at 4:30 in the morning.

P.S. Mr. Egg you might like this one

One of the things I'm most tired of in our culture is that we're spoonfed everything. We don't have to think for ourselves. We just sit back and demand some links and believe what's written there, or then we junk it if someone more skeptical than ourselves says it's tosh. We need to have open eyes to see this. It's there. Think back on what you read in the news during the Iraq war and its immediate aftermath to put things together. You will see.

Please do some reading. I'm sure you'll see.
I know this sounds familiar. You wrote it on 4-11-11 here.
edit on 12-11-2011 by subcsailor because: Thought you might like seeing some recent words you wrote. Cheers

edit on 12-11-2011 by subcsailor because: trying to make a better post. still learning this system.

edit on 12-11-2011 by subcsailor because: .

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
You guys didn't watch the videos yet declared them rods. They were not that. I've seen them before when this site still worked.
for not even trying before you start throwing comments around.
They were not rods because they didn't woosh by the lens at high speeds. These are blobs that are slow moving or stationary. They are by definition ufo's because you cannot ID them. My guess was that it was rocket launch through flir or something to that effect.
edit on 12/11/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Umm....lol? Don't try out for the debate team. Your quote of my statement is totally irrelevant. It cannot even be applied here. I am not advocating belief in what the authorities in general have to say, but the authorities in this particular situation are going to know their sh*t. Nothing spoonfed here. If they could possibly state that it is whatever mundane object and feel justified and correct doing so, they most definitely would have done so. There has to be compelling evidence or stuff that just doesn't add up to the most simple-minded (hint hint wink wink, kid!) for them not to be able to state such a thing without making absolute fools of themselves.

What are you on about in the first place? You've posted nothing to prove your statements. Go on and show us the goods! I want to see your proof that you have reproduced exactly those same images. Until then, you're blowing little weak puffs of hot air.

I worked for a quite a while with the military, aviation, border patrol, and secret service authorities here. I know how serious-minded and no-nonsense they are. I know they know their business. I personally also know the environment here pretty darn well. Those authorities know it quite a bit better. And yet you sit there, knowing not a lot about anything here and claim that "it's a bug." Seriously?

One thing you have to understand, kid, is that things aren't as they seem to be.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Interesting It Didnt Really Convince Me Tbh

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Umm....lol? Don't try out for the debate team. Your quote of my statement is totally irrelevant. It cannot even be applied here. I am not advocating belief in what the authorities in general have to say, but the authorities in this particular situation are going to know their sh*t. Nothing spoonfed here. If they could possibly state that it is whatever mundane object and feel justified and correct doing so, they most definitely would have done so. There has to be compelling evidence or stuff that just doesn't add up to the most simple-minded (hint hint wink wink, kid!) for them not to be able to state such a thing without making absolute fools of themselves.

What are you on about in the first place? You've posted nothing to prove your statements. Go on and show us the goods! I want to see your proof that you have reproduced exactly those same images. Until then, you're blowing little weak puffs of hot air.

I worked for a quite a while with the military, aviation, border patrol, and secret service authorities here. I know how serious-minded and no-nonsense they are. I know they know their business. I personally also know the environment here pretty darn well. Those authorities know it quite a bit better. And yet you sit there, knowing not a lot about anything here and claim that "it's a bug." Seriously?

One thing you have to understand, kid, is that things aren't as they seem to be.

First...thank you for the "kid" comments. While you probably mean it to be condescending, I find it refreshing.

Second....I applaude your faith in the Finnish officials and their technical abilities. I wish I had that kind of faith for our officials here.

Third...Sorry that you found my statements so inflamitory to your reasonning.

Fourth...The article talks about the rod shapes as being typical. I was just stating my (as you quaintly described it as a"Winnie the Pooh") camera can do the same and produce rod shaped pictures and videos. I can not post that video because I found it unremarkable and deleted it. Nor do I fill the need to wait until the bugs come back out, make a new one and post it on here. I will probably forget by then. You know me just being simple minded and all.

And for the record.....I do believe in UFO's. I have "faith" that they could exist. I believe because of my reasoning. To date I have not see proof. But that is just me being hard headed.

So anyway. You have a good day and see you around here.

Cheers
edit on 13-11-2011 by subcsailor because: .

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I have seen them, three times in my life. Twice with my three teenage kids in 2004. The first time was when I wasn't much older than they were then. But I grew up on naval bases in the US. I've been around the military all my life. There's not a lot I put faith in, but when these guys make an statement saying that they can't commit with any certainty to what this is in the film - a film that they allegedly made themselves with their own equipment - that's something to take seriously. It was your insinuation that they were stupid or incompetent that got my dander up. If the US military were half as good at what they do as the general staff here, things would be very different in this world. I don't like all of them, but as a whole they are a pretty good bunch.

We all know that UFOs are as real as we are. Why wouldn't they be? You can find theories all that will solidly state anything you want to believe or know. I know what I have seen. My eyes don't lie to me, no matter what anyone else may claim.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I know absolutely nothing about the Finnish military. But do have a question. And this could be to the OP also. Could either of you tell me how much involved is their military with the civilian researchers? We all know that our military is pretty much.....Nope we didn't have any flights....We did launch a weather ballon though. I mean come on guys. We believed it in the 50's but not anymore.

So do their researchers and military collaberate often? And does the military present videos to the public or allow them to "leak" out?

I do believe it will probably be military organizations that supply the first proof for me. I mean they have the more expensive / better equipment.
edit on 13-11-2011 by subcsailor because: .

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I can't say specifically *how much* but the military here is for territorial defense. Because the mindset is so radically different in that sense, paired with the fact that all young men must (and young women can) serve for up to a year of military training. When I came here, I was struck by the benevolence of the authorities here for the people. That's not true anymore, but I feel strongly that the military is viewed by most as a friend of the people here. That's in very stark contrast to how most people in the world perceive their respective armies, except maybe the Portuguese. Still, when your army exists purely for the defense of that patch of land, that no external attacks are in the game plan, things work differently.

I do believe that the military is forthcoming and honest about things and in their dealings with the public and organizations thereof. There's really not much to be secretive about. That's not to say that there aren't secrets - it is a military, after all - but not anything like what goes on in the US and UK, for example. In a country of just over 5 million people, even the guys in the general staff are "the guy next door" or "a guy I went to high school with" and that sort of thing. They have strong family ties here, to a great extent. Families interlocked with other families. It's a small population in a very cold and isolated place on the planet.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
If anyone wants to see some aliens just come on down to Salt Lake City Utah there are Reptilians everywhere around here, I can point out 4 locations to underground catacombs if you want to explore though we might not return.
edit on 13-11-2011 by Drolkrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drolkrad
If anyone wants to see some aliens just come on down to Salt Lake City Utah there are Reptilians everywhere around here, I can point out 4 locations to underground catacombs if you want to explore though we might not return.

Take some pictures and post them. Would be interesting to see.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Yes, rods aren't the best representative of UFO's, you're quite right. This was an interesting case however, that it was officially made public and investigated and no explanation was ever found. That's why the post. We don't get too much of official material around here (likewise everywhere else). We have tons of more, usually by just the normal public, and as i said, when i have the time, i'll pick up the most interesting ones for you to judge.

But still, would like to know, what do you think of that? What it might be? I mean, only visible in IR. I have no idea.

ETA: and i can't see this as your classical rod, can you?
edit on 7-12-2011 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Here's the video on YouTube:

Secret UFO video filmed by Finnish officials was published

Here's the article about it in English:

article
edit on 8-12-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL:

May I remind you that manners is really important.

Please read this: ENOUGH! Manners in the Aliens/UFO Forum and those who habitually debunk.

Now behave or we'll have to take action on some of the posts...

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join