It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Prepares For War

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
How quick will this get out of hand?

I say right after they tell these folks to pack up.......

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by popsmayhem

At 12:01 what will you do?

"Walk around and politely ask people to remove their tents"

I wonder how well that will go?

i dunno were goin to see

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

This does seem like a peaceful gathering to me

Do you remember what sparked the riots in Vancouver BC?

ONE person threw a bottle at the big projection screen. The entire city was thrown into chaos.

All it will take to start a riot at this point .. is for one person to spark the powderkeg.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

True, and I did just see a young masked guy brandishing a set of nunchucks (incompetently I might add), so hopefully everyone can keep their heads about them.

I really hope the violent contingent doesn't get what they want, and gives the police no reason to escalate it.

edit on 13-11-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

ONE person threw a bottle at the big projection screen. The entire city was thrown into chaos.

All it will take to start a riot at this point .. is for one person to spark the powderkeg.

I think that it is a bit disingenuous to ask one person to step forward and take the brunt of it.

However, I agree that that may be all that it takes to get things moving.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I agree. Once the Police ACTUALLY go into the park,you will see resistance though. That I do believe. If not,then OWS Portland has a better grasp at protesting. I also dont think all those down there are supporting this. People are there for the show.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Nick Fish has just extended the deadline. 3 am

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Man...there has to be at least 10,000 people down there! This is big, and pacific!

I like it! Police still did not acted...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfidel

Nick Fish has no say in anything. He's the commish of Park and Rec.. the Police ultimately have the final say.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux

Originally posted by tangonine

In the state/county I live in, the sheriff (who's actually a really good guy) and his deputies (many of which I'm friends with) would absolutely welcome my rifle alongside theirs should it come to shootin'

I love wannabe's.
Unless you're a cop no, they wouldn't. That would make you guilty of murder if not deputized.

Wrong, Simon, on both counts - he never specified a LACK of deputization. It depends on where you live and the Sheriff. I'm not a cop, but there have been a couple of times the local constabulary has been damned glad to see me, and didn't hesitate to say so after all was said and done.

See? Hippies don't understand that part.

Are you saying you would shoot unarmed civilians exercising their Constitutional rights? Or are you meaning if the "hippies" as you like to call them start shooting?

No. Just... no.

If they endanger the citizenry, they're bought and paid for. They don't have to be shooting. There are lots of ways to kill folks and injure them without shooting them. It seems that those enamored of OWS aren't reading the Constitutional fine print, and are praying that the rest of us don't either, so that they can keep on carping out that falsehood about "exercise of Constitutional Rights". If I catch them doing that-exercising those rights - I'll be sure and let you know.

And we can bring the hate.

Yes, you've already shown us your hate.

Oh no, Simon. If you think you've seen hate so far out of this mess, I think you have led a very sheltered life.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I think this story was bunk news disinfo.
The Portland Police have said that protesters pointed them to piles of rocks outsiders had collected and so far the police are standing down as there are 5000+ protesters in the area.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Someone just threw some form of projectile and hit a Police Officer. Mounted Police had to come in and pull the injured Officer out.

Lots of riot Police there now.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfidel

No. I heard herman cain say god threw that projectile.

Divine intervention I guess

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by lnfidel

No. I heard herman cain say god threw that projectile.

Divine intervention I guess

Herman who?

Officer had to be taken away via ambulance.

Apparently some of OWS centered the perp out and they now have him in custody, starting his/her occupy a jail cell protests.

edit on 13-11-2011 by lnfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The officer that was hit by the projectile was pulled out by other officers, prompting police in riot gear to enter the scene.

The protestors handed over the "jerk" (the protestor’s description) to the police and are generally chanting "peaceful protest".

There are now lines of police in riot gear, though they have stated that there are "too many for arrest". Thousands of people are still there.

A "spokesman" from the occupy has said its two and a half hours until the park re-opens in the morning, so they seem to be aiming for that point.

The police seem fairly resolute too, saying that chemical agents could be used, though the numbers of people (protestors or spectators), and the fact that mounted police are still present make that seem unlikely at the moment.

It is interesting to hear the media saying that due to tweets and police communication, that there is almost a real-time understanding of the points of view from both sides.

It looks tense, but hopefully it stays peaceful.

The best way to describe it would be a stand-off.

ETA: More people seem to be coming back to the protest, and the tension seems to be defusing again... somewhat.
edit on 13-11-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The cops backed off, the occupiers won..
No war last night, a few arrest.

The war is over folks, unless they go again tonight.
edit on 13-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97

just want to outline, most of your quote started with possibly and thought to be....evidence or it didn't happen.

The very first line is a link to the news story, put your bong down so you can clear
the haze of the smoke so you can see.

Same deal for the "me too" ppl that starred this post by pointr.

edit on 13-11-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
The cops backed off, the occupiers won..

Opps...spoke too soon!

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Looks like Portland is down...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Its funny i think, the only problem is violence against violence doesnt work only peace. Its fine to protect yourselfs and get ready for it but overwhelming peace and love stops them dead in its track. In david ickes latest book he makes reference to a group of ladies which stopped the violence in their country with compassion and forced the leaders to end their bloodsheed. If you fight this way you cant win unless you have overwhelming numbers.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join