It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Prepares For War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
How about we discuss the thread and not each other?

link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I am not american so my say on misfit police is none of my concern. I do however live in Canada, where misfit cops were a dime a dozen at the G20 summit last year. I also had a cop retreive my stolen bike for me after I found it for sale on craigslist. So I am not for nor against cops, I am for recognizing that we are all humans and when humans have conflict and attempt to resolve it with violence, there is rarely a good outcome. I know here in Toronto they are planning to dismantel the camps this saturday night, and last week in London (ontario) they told the protesters they can stay they just wanted to clean the park, the cops then dismantelled the tents and put them in a garbage truck. So I am pissed off these cops are acting like douches esspecially because what we are fighting for is just as much for them as it is us. Its all about non-violent resistance, I dont think Gandhi would say to fight back.

link   
reply to post by B1ayneO

Really i wasnt looking for trouble i am not the one who is saber rattling here.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Rockpuck

Sorry but i am bouncing from this thread it turned into a joke and nothing but hate on the cops as normal never giving any responsibility to the other parties involved.

Responsibility for what? Nothing happened...

I am having no part of these wannabe poser "patriots".

Did somebody ask you to join...? No... your inflated self importance makes me nauseous..

Those who can do those who can't play keyboard warriors and scream damn those cops,

OR they play keyboard warrior and scream "damn those protestors" (that would be you)

Not having any more part of this stupidity.

Ironically, once you leave, so will the stupidity..

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
News Story

Police Friday said they had reason to think many in the camp were arming for a confrontation, calling for reinforcements from Seattle and San Francisco, along with constructing weapons and fortifications.

As much as I'd love to see OWS gone just for the sheer fact of how much it costs the city (nearly $400k in overtime bills alone) I have to say.. I respect their ability to stand up to the police.

Police said hundreds were possibly heading to Portland and people may be in trees during any police action and a hole was being dug, reinforced by wood.

Protesters were also thought to be hammering nails into pieces of wood for weapons and gathering gas masks.

Several pallets were brought in Thursday night to the northwest corner of Chapman Park known as "The 420 Hotel" where police were told it looked like protesters were making shields.

Anyone on the West Coast knows you can go up and down the entire coast via Amtrak very cheap .. apparently people are heeding the call with people coming in from all over the place to take on the police at midnight, Saturday night. The mayor thought he was being nice or something when he gave them a 6 day notice that they would be removed this coming Sunday morning right at Midnight.. There are 3 camps, federal officers will be assisting. Perhaps they thought they would leave, but obviously building shields and spiked clubs would make it appear they are not leaving. Peacefully anyways. Also all over the place posted on light poles are posters warning protesters how to protect themselves against tear gas and other "non-lethal" weapons.

Personally I think it's about time people stood up to the police, and meet them with shield and club as they come at protesters billy-clubs swinging.
edit on 11/11/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/11/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

Sounds to me like the police are making up bullsh*t just to give them a reason to attack these poor folk. I hope they really are making weapons, people are tired and pissed off at the way this country is being run and they have a right to be. I just hope the military will stand with them but i doubt they will until TSHTF for real.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by DieBravely

Say that crap to my face.

I will.... what will you do beat me until I agree with your views...

Sounds familiar.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

reply to post by DieBravely

Say that crap to my face.

I will.... what will you do beat me until I agree with your views...

Sounds familiar.

He talks like an Oakland cop... lol

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So the movenment is all about nothing. I guess we saw that one coming. The leaders will take off with the cash and every man for themselves.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Since when was the government not the master!!!

I cannot own my property and pay $7,500/yr in property tax. I cannot own my car as I have to pay $300+/year registration.... we are all indebted and must pay to survive...
can we even grow our own food anymore?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenVoyager
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Since when was the government not the master!!!

I cannot own my property and pay $7,500/yr in property tax. I cannot own my car as I have to pay $300+/year registration.... we are all indebted and must pay to survive...
can we even grow our own food anymore?

Who are we indebted to exactly??

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
Questions, I am still totally unclear about what this occupy thing is about. Are they fighting for their right to camp out indefinitely in parks, and streets. Or are they going to go after the 1% who hold the money, or are they anarchist fighting for no government period.... What is their goal EXACTLY. Is there a mission statement or manifesto somewhere??? I keep hearing about the 1% but the rich people who hold the money, they care nothing about some people camping in a park, Occupy needs a new strategy. Maybe take over some office buildings in NYC...200 west st NY NY is the Goldman Sacs HQ that would be a good start....

More than anything I see it as a general call for everyone in the world to wake up and realize we are the 99%, we are the ones with the power to actually change things - and to do that we need to stop being such passive sheep who sit around and let our lives be controlled and exploited by these plutocrat crooks.

It's a long journey to actual reform, but the all-important first step is simply awareness and education and constructive dialogue.

"Free your mind, and the rest will follow". (awww yeah, I just quoted En Vogue)

OWS' mission statement can't be summed up in a single soundbite, nor should it be. The whole point is for people to start thinking critically, not just look for easy answers spoonfed to them from someone above. That's exactly how we've become so exploited in the first place.

Still Confused What The OWS Movement Is About? Here's Your Video Primer.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I've witnessed police brutality and have been illegally searched and arrested in real life (just got the charges dropped, thank god), the folks at my local station were not well intended people for the most part, they were mercenaries.

You see, the difference between revolutionaries and mercenaries is revolutionaries aint scared to die. They see the bigger picture.

So, we out number the police by far, and if any of you mainstream politician supporting brainwashed tools have problem with what the people are about to do in this revolution, you can get out there and put your life on the line to stop it. And if YOU ARE NOT willing to die for your convictions, sit down and be quite.

The drug war is a scam.
Our troops protected the poppy fields in Afghanistan. The US directly gave thousands of guns to the Mexican cartels in Project Gun runner. Our banks launder billions for these murderous thugs. 60,000 of our brother's and sisters in Mexico have been killed because of our non-action.

The US financially supports Israel who bombs a nation of people whose average age is 17, the system has been corrupted to the core.

The Federal Reserve is the enemy of our founding fathers. If you've done your research you know. Ron Paul was the last hope to get rid of it, but the media won't let the people know the truth and censor the polls etc.

We know the real reason we went into Lybia - www.youtube.com...

1,000,000 Iraqi civilians died because of imaginary WMDs.

I went to Mozambique and South African this summer and saw the mines and factories. Slave labor is basically happening today so first world countries can get cheap minerals. I've made friends with those who live in the shanty towns surrounding these places. They don't have a choice and don't know better, I would die just for them alone.

Hypocritically we get cheap stuff from china from workers who also have very few rights and have to work for very little in bad conditions. We should bring manufacturing jobs back to the US, that's why our job market is screwed now.

I'm sure you have your own reasons.

The reason these things happen is because of the morally corrupt. We can wait our whole lifetime working with the system to make "change" while people suffer, OR we can just kill the morally corrupt or forcibly make them back down.

I know what I'm choosing when SHTF.

Amaru Shakur "If you can't find something to live for, you best find something to die for"

Cowards step down..... Every Man and Woman stand the $%^& up, it's our time. 2012 ain't a joke.
edit on 11-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by B1ayneO

Really i wasnt looking for trouble i am not the one who is saber rattling here.

Saber rattling against US citizens..................By US citizens.

Violent Revolution called from those typing away on their keyboards...........

OWS preparing for a Marxist Revolution......

Wonder why America isnt behind OWS in droves????

Nuff said......

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Sorry but i am bouncing from this thread it turned into a joke and nothing but hate on the cops as normal never giving any responsibility to the other parties involved.

I am having no part of these wannabe poser "patriots".

Those who can do those who can't play keyboard warriors and scream damn those cops,

Not having any more part of this stupidity.

edit on 11-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Good riddance, be gone.

Nearly everyone of your lousy posts here on the ATS forums reek completely of total loyalty and support of anti-American, pro-corruption, pro-greedy-bankers, pro-middleclass-hating-politicians nonsense, so you leaving from this thread wont be missed.

Our founding fathers would without doubt be with the Occupy movement. There is NO DOUBT.

Its like-minded folks like you who back in the day were against positive change in this country such as rights for women and blacks, using the same nonsense arguments as you are doing here and now against positive change again such as what the Occupy movement is for America in modern times.

All of your claims that the Occupy movement is a political "left" movement is 100% right-winger nonsense. Your stubborn ignorant wealthy, corporation, banker loving right winger GOP spokespeople on the radio and boob-tube has you completely delusional.

Take a hike. Who needs you besides the snakes who you most likely associate with or who pay you for your nonstop nonsense posts here.

Be gone traitors of America, be gone!!

edit on 11-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Our founding fathers would without doubt be with the OWS.

I highly doubt it.

Although,OWS has many similarity's to this group. You have the wrong history,and founding fathers,and Country......

Sounds familiar?

The country faced the threat of financial bankruptcy.

In these months alone more than a million workers took part in mass strike action. Workers established control over production and distribution in many factories and plants in a social revolution.

Too bad, not MILLIONS of OWS supporters out in the streets,but you can dream,right?

On 1–4 May about 100,000 workers and soldiers of Petrograd, and after them the workers and soldiers of other cities, led by the Bolsheviks, demonstrated under banners reading "Down with the war!" and "all power to the soviets!" The mass demonstrations resulted in a crisis for the Provisional Government

Hmmm,that sounds right........

July saw more demonstrations, as about 500,000 workers and soldiers in Petrograd demonstrated, again demanding "all power to the soviets", "down with the war", and "down with the ten capitalist ministers". The Provisional Government opened an offensive against them on 1 July but it soon collapsed. The news of the offensive and its collapse intensified the struggle of the workers and the soldiers. A new crisis in the Provisional Government began on 15 July

Filthy Capitalists......

The Bolsheviks won a majority in the Soviets of Briansk, Samara, Saratov, Tsaritsyn, Minsk, Kiev, Tashkent, and other cities. In one day alone, 1 September, the All-Russian Central Executive Committee of Soviets received demands from 126 local soviets urging it to take power into its own hands

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

In reality the Bolshevik insurgents faced little or no opposition. The insurrection was timed and organized to hand state power to the Second All-Russian Congress of Soviets of Workers' and Soldiers' Deputies, which began on 25 October. After a single day of revolution eighteen people had been arrested and two had been killed.

October Revolution

OWS can only dream.......

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by dc4lifeskater

People need to stop comparing OWS to the founders that is seriously pathetic, Real men with a real cause not recycled failed left wing ideology.

That is one of the most ridiculous comment i have ever read on here kill other Americans over what?

WHAT?

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
--Thomas Jefferson

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick112

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience are incompatible with freedom."
Patrick Henry

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Op the thread title is very misleading..

What all this boils down to folks..

Occupy Portland comes to an end..

Will not be much of a fight...

As long as the mayor does not wimp out
this thing is over folks..
edit on 11-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

you hit it on the head... im in Portland and no one is digging in to do anything.. a lot of the people have left already..might be a few scuffles.. but nothing more.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The constitution states they have the right to bear arms and live like free people. The poloce have "no rights" whatsoever to intervien. The people have the god given right to take up arms as they see fit, period. Damn, Good for them!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join