It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Prepares For War

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by villunder

Dude. Marry me. I think it's still legal.... in some states.
(joking)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Actually that may be the purpose. Why scheduled a time 6 days in advance that the police will come and tear the tent city down. Then publicize it every night, have it on a Saturday, and give hints that it could be a violent confrontation? To attract people that want to confront the police to make the police procedure justified.

That's my objective conclusion anyways. The camps need to go .. but when they decided they needed to go, they should have just taken it down that day, not scheduled some time in the distant future and advertise it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zynga

Exactly! I'll be down in the Pearl after the Ducks play, if I can convince the wife I'll probably go just to see what happens .. I can only imagine how many will be drawn down there tonight because of the way it's been plastered all over the news. Really seems like this is exactly what they wanted ..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

Hold out for dinner and a movie.. and an ATS coffee mug.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think this is being BLOWN out of proportion!!

If the protesters DO try to fight the illegal tent city
they have set up they will be squashed!!

There will be no war, the police will issue tear gas and make arrest.

These occupy cities are killing local businesses
creating viral disease and spreading filth.

No one is against protesting. People
are against unlawful cess pools.

Why in the hell can homeless people not do this
anytime of the year but these bozo's can?
It is not fair and needs to be TAKEN CARE OF NOW!!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to

Actually that may be the purpose. Why scheduled a time 6 days in advance that the police will come and tear the tent city down

BULLOCKS!!

They were given 6 days in advanced to leave without confrontation!!

By these occupiers refusing to leave they have turned it into
a VIOLENT protests!!

It is violent if they clash with cops

This is what the occu piers want to be violent.

Them not leaving in 6 days just proves this!
edit on 12-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Confused. On one hand you say overblown.

On the other ... take care of it now.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

And refusal to leave = violence?

Has webster gone and redefined the words on me again?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

(joking)

I agree. But first must remove the gas mask so i can kiss you

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by villunder

What i really do not understand is who is behind that movement . Who pull the strings . I have a feeling that these people are used for a much more sinister purpose . It's not only the OWS , it's global .
You can really feel that something major is gonna happen.

It's too bad more people within the movement aren't thinking the same and asking the same questions.

Younger Americans being made to believe in a cause, an agenda and demands that were never theirs to begin with... Used and ultimately discarded in a wasted effort, that will not let them go until the bitter, and possibly violent end.... What, and who do they really serve, and to what end ultimately?

Ah, but most really don't care, they just want to be a part of it, a part of something that goes against the system... Primed for blindly following a movement like this, even if it leads them all off of a cliff.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You are being overly paranoid, and because of that missing the point.

Nobody is "pulling the strings", and yes these ideas were our own - we have been talking about them right here on ATS for years and years!

All that happened is: arab spring --> inspiration --> ball rolling --> adbusters --> good idea --> straw --> meet camel's back --> levee --> finally breaks --> things go viral --> sh## just GOT REAL.

Nothing wrong with putting your thinking cap on and trying to stay a few steps ahead - because no doubt there WILL be wolves in sheep's clothing trying to exploit this movement - just make sure that thinking cap isn't a tinfoil one.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

Nobody is "pulling the strings", and yes these ideas were our own - we have been talking about them right here on ATS for years and years!

You're wrong, but let the ultimate outcome here prove that to you, some lessons in life are best learned the hard way, could even be a good thing ultimately for everyone involved despite the sacrifices and painful awakenings.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Gas masks are good but board with nails in them is a primitive weapon, perhaps useful but theres are hundreds of better choices just in the kitchen. Reminds me of the simpsons episode where the aliens invade with nails in boards.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by villunder

Originally posted by Garkiniss

(joking)

I agree. But first must remove the gas mask so i can kiss you

Im sorry

Yall carry on

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by sonnny1

Every profession has idiots....but how safe would you feel with no cops? And what about the military, say if the government brings them home to "watch" the homeland...lynch them too? We can't have all the millions of people in this country protecting themselves...everyone hates a cop until they need one.....good luck with that....

Cops rarely ever protect anyone. At best they are there to clean up your corpse after you've been beaten, stabbed, or shot to death. At worst they are the ones beating, stabbing, or shooting you to death.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I feel that a lot of people here, on ATS, have got the heads up there collective a&*se's
its an occufest and dance party tonight in occupy portland

the police will have to break that up, with what ever means they think is a viable option to use...probably with force.
heres a link, its started already...the dance party that is.

www.livestream.com...

its a movement, that's peaceful.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The fighting in this thread is ridiculous, painful and obnoxious, and I can't believe it has not been shut down.

The angst on both sides of the fence, palatable, and vomit enducing...This is not what we are here for:

I said it in another thread, and I WILL SAY IT AGAIN:

The negavity on both sides, the fighting for who is right or wrong?

Things do have to change... lice, TB, poop in the street, or whatever.....

What makes me sad is that people have to be put in these postions to make a point

edit on 12-11-2011 by supine because: fix link

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

The reason these things happen is because of the morally corrupt. We can wait our whole lifetime working with the system to make "change" while people suffer, OR we can just kill the morally corrupt or forcibly make them back down.

Ah. You wish for another of those "war" things again, is it? People wonder why I claim there will always be war so long as there are those who seek to control others...

Yes, that means YOU, too. I didn't elect you at any point to determine my "morals" for me, nor will I simply sit and passively accept the imposition of your morals upon me.

So, you want to kill the morally corrupt? What is it you need, little one, to complete the mission you state here? Do you need my address individually, or do you plan to just catch me in the inevitable Morality Sweeps?

I would suggest starting out small. Just take ME out first, to gauge the likelihood of your greater successes, then you can proceed onward to your Grand Plan to Rule the World.

I know what I'm choosing when SHTF.

Indeed. So do I.It was chosen long ago. I will ALWAYS stand for free choice.

Which means I will be in the array against you. See ya on the battlefield.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

It is truly unfortunate that you want to kill the thread because people disagree in a way you don't like. People are passionate about this and it's finally something worth being passionate over.

The overall point to these protests is important. Government does not respect the people whatsoever. Peaceful means will do NOTHING. Violence or better yet the THREAT of violence from large enough gatherings will bring about change more effectively than anything else.

The trouble is getting the change necessary without crossing so far over the line that things turn into all out anarchy and you lose all law and order. To me, it's ABSOLUTELY worth the price, because without some basic freedoms TAKEN back, what's the point.

If you're not willing to fight for what's important, then stay the hell out of the way.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Gawwwwwwwwwwww, and speaking from so much gut renching frustratration..........

This is all getting puke worthy.......

Pointless, relenless bickering back and forth.

I don't know about you, but I am wondering if I really share a planet with some of these people!

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join