It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Prepares For War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

People need to stop comparing OWS to the founders that is seriously pathetic, Real men with a real cause not recycled failed left wing ideology.

That is one of the most ridiculous comment i have ever read on here kill other Americans over what?

WHAT?

Nobody's talking about killing people except for you. When did self defense start to equate to murder?

People die from police brutality, not the other way around.

link   

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by Rockpuck

just want to outline, most of your quote started with possibly and thought to be....evidence or it didn't happen.

Yeaaahhh.. sadly OWS protesters never appeared to have read Sun Tzu's Art of War. Their encampment is surrounded by high-rise buildings with cameras and places to observe directly into the camp. It's pretty obvious to see what's happening inside. Evidence suggest that there is a medium sized group of people planning on confronting the police.

link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Never in my life has a cop ever laid an hand on me or club me and it takes 2 for that little dance.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I support them 100%.

A lot of people out there still don't seem to grasp the gravity of this movement.

They're treating it like it's some cute little uprising where all the serfs get real angries for a while, stomp their feet around and make some clever signs, but then tucker themselves out real quick and scatter right back to the same ole bull# again.

TPTB are banking on this happening.

And unfortunately even some people in support of OWS have been like "well ok, they've made their point now..."

No, they haven't.

The "point" isn't made until something actually changes.

Corporate controlled media have tried to either derail this movement entirely or give it some flash-in-the-pan hot topic attention, while relying on their audience's notoriously short attention span and inevitable apathy to take hold and bail them out in the end.

This can't happen. It won't happen. Thanks to people like these protesters.

"One resists the invasion of armies; one does not resist the invasion of ideas."

If the cops wanna call their bluff, this could become a real watershed moment for OWS.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Never in my life has a cop ever laid an hand on me or club me and it takes 2 for that little dance.

Yet hundreds of thousands of other people have been through it. Lemme let you in on a secret: just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it hasn't happened!!

I've been clubbed and pepper sprayed before, and I wasn't doing anything illegal either! So NO it doesn't take 2. Get out of your shoebox once in a while and you'll understand there are patterns of life that differ from yours.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

I have no respect for these people preparing for war? shelids? molotov cock tails? etc.

No that stupidity needs to end now.

Would you have said that to our founding fathers? You think they won the war with peaceful protesting?

If it were up to you we would be speaking proper english and having a spot of tea every afternoon spending our quid on liters of petrol.

Are you seriously comparing the loosers of OWS with the revolutionaries of 1776? The patriots in 1776 fought for independence from the government. The loosers of OWS today fight for dependence on the government!

link   
if this be true, and for some reason i do, Monday will the words be spoken, thought all the land, Marshal Law has been declared, The OWS has done there bid, for good or bad the USA is no more, for it too has fallen, who will be the one, to pick up the flag , restore it to what it was meant to be, the Symbol of the land, of the free and the brave?

The lines have been drawn US and them, US that have taken the oath , Them that think it has no meaning at all, Just a job and a pay check, for if the ones in blue, green, or camo , as well as the ones in the suits, have failed the words, "I Do Solemnly Swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;" here lies the rub, if your of that class... "all enemies, foreign and domestic" who will we the people turn too? OWS? not even for they are the enemy, the ones in blue, green or cammo, the ones in the suits ? They to have failed, for to them we are the threat, and them to us, us, we the people.
edit on 11-11-2011 by bekod because: editting

link   
reply to post by neo96

I've seen many instances (too many!) where cops rush crowds beating people with their clubs and shields, women getting bashed in the face, old men trampled, having no regard for who they hit or where they hit them.. Police almost always take the force required to remove a protest way to far.

link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

I agree that people should stand up for their rights, and I dont condone violence for attack but for defence it is perfectly just. I also agree that the police are the ones constantly taking violent steps to escalate the situation, but fighting back will only make things worse. There is the potential for people to die by the hand of the police who ultimately should be on their side and just dont know it. Imagine if a cop or two were murdered, they would kill another 50 protesters. I dont agree that war is the only thing that we can do, if there is anything that government wants more is not for us to sit down and comply, but to fight back violently.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

This is actually not the case for the movement in my city. I gave everybody a copy of the Art of War, which is why we decided to plan for months before an occupation.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

OWS is OCCUPY WALL STREET.
It is not about dependence on government. You are allowing your brain to be hijacked. Do some real research.
Thanks.

link   

link   
Questions, I am still totally unclear about what this occupy thing is about. Are they fighting for their right to camp out indefinitely in parks, and streets. Or are they going to go after the 1% who hold the money, or are they anarchist fighting for no government period.... What is their goal EXACTLY. Is there a mission statement or manifesto somewhere??? I keep hearing about the 1% but the rich people who hold the money, they care nothing about some people camping in a park, Occupy needs a new strategy. Maybe take over some office buildings in NYC...200 west st NY NY is the Goldman Sacs HQ that would be a good start....

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am glad they are finally making a stand...can anyone post a link for the live feed I am going to grab my popcorn and enjoy the show

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Sorry but i am bouncing from this thread it turned into a joke and nothing but hate on the cops as normal never giving any responsibility to the other parties involved.

I am having no part of these wannabe poser "patriots".

Those who can do those who can't play keyboard warriors and scream damn those cops,

Not having any more part of this stupidity.

edit on 11-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
The point is not which side of the issue you stand on,The point is PEOPLE have the RIGHT to peacefully assemble.Whether you agree with the protestors or not means nothing.

link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Are you seriously comparing the loosers of OWS with the revolutionaries of 1776? The patriots in 1776 fought for independence from the government. The loosers of OWS today fight for dependence on the government!

Actually, the American Revolution was about declaring independence from a tyrannical British government, over the Stamp Act, and subsequently created it's own "shadow government" called the Continental Congress until the republic was formed.

They did not fight for freedom from government, they fought to live as free men under their own government as they envisioned.

Big difference!

I'll bet the British called those dirty hippy American Founding Fathers losers as well.
edit on 11-11-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

edit on 11-11-2011 by neo96 because: off topic

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by DieBravely

Say that crap to my face.

HAHA your like a walking (or typing in this case) contradiction you were just hating on everybody for talking it up on the internet and here you are doing the same thing

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That response is also a part of what's wrong. Such willful ignorance. Very sad.

This "movement" doesn't have to have one single demand, in my opinion. The baddies can be ousted and we can sort out what we want later...as messy as it can get. That's fine. What we have now is not fine.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join