It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to pull the plug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
www.newscientist.com... 0-eeg-finds-consciousness-in-people-in-vegetative-state.html

Well If im ever in a coma, Please Don't pull the plug.

"There's a man here who technically meets all the internationally agreed criteria for being in a vegetative state, yet he can generate 200 responses [to direct commands] with his brain," says Adrian Owen of the University of Western Ontario. "Clearly this guy is not in a true vegetative state. He's probably as conscious as you or I are."

It just goes to show you how dangerous our ignorance of my mind can be.

edit on 11-11-2011 by Kargun because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2011 by Kargun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi all.

Try this one with the COPY PASTE way:

www.newscientist.com/article/dn21150-eeg-finds-consciousness-in-people-in-vegetative-state.html

Blue skies.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

If I ever end up being in a vegetable state of "mind", I would much rather have someone pull the plug on me. If I am never going to be able to recover from it and I know that I am suffering inside knowing I can't do anything about it and making my loved ones suffer in the process as well, then by all means, pull the damn plug on me!

Is one thing that your brain is fully functional and another to have others (loved ones) and yourself suffer because you can't communicate verbally, move a finger, or smile on the outside that people can see you are happy!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

If im ever in that state and can still think.......please pull the plug

Star and flag though. It's kinda a cool subject when you think about it..........it helps determine what when and where conciousness is from an imperical standpoint
edit on 11/12/2011 by facewhatly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join