It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEATH, DISEASE PLAGUE 'OCCUPY' PROTESTS (actual Drudge headline)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
##SNIP##

We need to be aware of this, so I am posting it again.

DEATH, DISEASE PLAGUE 'OCCUPY' PROTESTS

OAKLAND, Calif. — Police are investigating a fatal shooting just outside the Occupy Oakland encampment in Northern California and the apparent suicide of a military veteran at an Occupy encampment in Vermont's largest city.

Tuberculosis Breaks Out At Occupy Atlanta’s Base

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) – The home base for Occupy Atlanta has tested positive for tuberculosis.

Members need to know stuff like this.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

With little sleep in cold conditions, cigarettes and drinks being passed from mouth to mouth, and few opportunities to wash hands, Zuccotti Park may now just be the best place to catch respiratory viruses, norovirus (also known as the winter vomiting virus) and tuberculosis, according to one doctor.

edit on 11-11-2011 by Carseller4 because: ...

edit on Fri Nov 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: YOU are responsible for your own posts

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Some protesters have refused free flu shots, citing a "government conspiracy," the Times said.

There are no excuses to any "disease" at any occupy location that is ridiculous. If this keeps up something seriously bad is going to happen,

Remember H1n1? Sars? Bird FLu? and the numerous others.

The need to go home and seek medical attention before we have another "outbreak" than can and has killed millions.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Actually, I was expecting a shigellosis (dysentery) outbreak first. TB wow.. plus the increase in visits to free clinics surrounding the camps for STD and HIV screenings. Not good and considering the living conditions and poor hygiene, not surprising either. I expect all camps to be broken up by the middle of next week as stories like this continue to come forward.

If its not the violence or the crime it will be the disease. How many people have contracted the gift that keeps on giving? What a pleasant memory of your time in an Occupation Camp. Priceless.
edit on 11-11-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yeah, just wait until the Black Death makes a comeback!! These people are filthy and disgusting. It's only a matter of time before a serious outbreak. At least they won't be bringing it into the work place and infecting the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
IMO they should be given until 12/1/2011 to disperse. If they don't they will be removed by force and if necessary hospitalized to treat and prevent the spread of diseases.

These people are literally living next to piles of human waste and garbage. Those kinds of conditions are what diseases like TB, Dysentery, etc to spread into large scale health problems.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If running a McCarthyesque Red Scare doesn't work, screw the 50's, go 1350's... the plague route

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Some protesters have refused free flu shots, citing a "government conspiracy," the Times said.

There are no excuses to any "disease" at any occupy location that is ridiculous. If this keeps up something seriously bad is going to happen,

Remember H1n1? Sars? Bird FLu? and the numerous others.

The need to go home and seek medical attention before we have another "outbreak" than can and has killed millions.

Seek medical attention

If they don't have jobs I doubt they have insurance, or extra money to see a doctor.

They should try the Conservative solution,

suicide or prayer.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

OMG your post was precious. never change a word of it.

The black death.. I'm giggling like a school girl.. ty.

But hey.. what if leprosy shows up.. certainly that can't be far away?

Epic denial of ignorance.. kudos.. and thx for the lols
edit on 11-11-2011 by Resinveins because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Star and flag OP. I can't beleive your other posting was deleted. As for why ATS wouldn't want their members to know about this is beyond me, but my personal opinion is that they probobly had another reason(not having anything to do with conspiracy/disinfo/etc.) For shutting down the thread. It could have been anything from a glitch, to some questionable content. Not saying it's right that they did it, all im sayin is that it's possible there was actually a legitamte reason. If they really don't want us to know about it than this thread will be taken down shortly as well.

Besides all that I guess it was inevitable that sickness would start breaking out at the protests. Now begins the harder part of the protestors trials in the sense that we are going to see how "willing" these people really are to stand up for what they beleive in.

link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Yawn yeah anyone can get Medical attentioon billions are spent on "community health centers" and Hospitals.

Hell just ask any illegal immigrant just how hard it is but then again if they are turning away flu shot because of "government is evil".

Well blah stop wasting my time when everyone knows better.
edit on 11-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Seek medical attention

If they don't have jobs I doubt they have insurance, or extra money to see a doctor.

They should try the Conservative solution,

suicide or prayer.

Or maybe a nice hot bath? Would that be too conservative for them?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by facewhatly

Star and flag OP. I can't beleive your other posting was deleted. As for why ATS wouldn't want their members to know about this is beyond me, but my personal opinion is that they probobly had another reason(not having anything to do with conspiracy/disinfo/etc.) For shutting down the thread. It could have been anything from a glitch, to some questionable content. Not saying it's right that they did it, all im sayin is that it's possible there was actually a legitamte reason. If they really don't want us to know about it than this thread will be taken down shortly as well.

Besides all that I guess it was inevitable that sickness would start breaking out at the protests. Now begins the harder part of the protestors trials in the sense that we are going to see how "willing" these people really are to stand up for what they beleive in.

The reason I am getting for them deleting my thread is because....gasp....I called them the FLEA Party.

But if you do a ATS search for the term "teabagger" ATS doesn't seem to find that offensive at all.

I'm past that though.....just wanted to get this important info out there! Clean up your act "OWS"

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

This Conservative doesn't have lice or TB or "zucotti lung". Think they took saving water a tad too far.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, remember the level 5 pandemic the WHO declared back in 2009? Better run and get your flu shots before millions more die. Oh wait...millions didn't die from the flu since 1918.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I can't believe some people here are actually okay with police using force to stop people from protesting just because they don't share the same political views.

Those are fellow Americans that are expressing their right to protest, they should be free to do so until they want.
edit on 11/11/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, remember the level 5 pandemic the WHO declared back in 2009? Better run and get your flu shots before millions more die. Oh wait...millions didn't die from the flu since 1918.

30,000 people a year die from the flu.

So that means at least 2.79 million people have died from the flu since 1918.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Tuberculosis (TB) is one of the world’s deadliest diseases:

One third of the world’s population are infected with TB.

In 2010, nearly 9 million people around the world became sick with TB.

And, there were around 1.4 million TB-related deaths worldwide.

TB is a leading killer of people who are HIV infected.

A total of 11,182 TB cases (a rate of 3.6 cases per 100,000 persons) were reported in the United States in 2010. Both the number of TB cases reported and the case rate decreased; this represents a 3.1% and 3.8% decline, respectively, compared to 2009.

CDC

This is not an eradicated disease, it still exists. It isn't restricted to the OWS movement. A person you sit next to on a bus, train or plane could be infected for all you know.

There was no Occupy movement in 2010, yet 11,182 TB cases were still reported in America. Who are you going to blame that on?

edit on 11-11-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

They have a right to PEACEFUL protest. The moment they become violent, agressive, or disruptive to society or in this particular case, when they become a major health concern, then yes, necessary use of force to break it up is acceptable. The police's duty is to protect and serve, That is, to protect and serve those who are not crapping in the parks.
edit on 11/11/2011 by amaster because: I can.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I agree that you present important information here - of course, people should know that the occupy zones present potentially health dangerous situation, but they should keep this in context with other similarly populated outdoor gatherings and the risks that one faces when participating in those too.
This story about ill protestors reminds me of aboriginals getting infected blankets intentionally given to them by Europeans to kill them, when the Americas were being invaded by the Europeans. It makes my vigilant mind wonder whether the police have cast stink bombs on the place to make it smell, and sprayed dangerous pathogenic chemicals to make the people sick so that they would leave.
What I wonder most is why this potentially health dangerous situation is emphasized for the "occupy" protest areas, yet ignored that in so many other places such as amusement fairs, and festivals, and recreational parks, or outdoor places such as Disneyland, where many people gather to participate in the activities, no one makes a fuss or takes care to keep count about the number of them that get sick from being out in those places. Unfortunately, those that are opposed to the "occupy" protests are the most eagre to keep count and track the risks and notable events of protestors getting sick and even criminally abused or killed, because they want the protestors to be ruled by fear and leave in reaction to the threat of danger.
My point is that we should keep all the crimes and illnesses that protestors experience in perspective, and in context with those that would happen in ordinary everyday life, and in other such outdoor gatherings. Unless, the protestors are experiencing higher crime and pathological rates than the non-protesting population, the protests are not more worthy of emphasis for such.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Selective reading issues?

Disease has killed millions quote where i said just the flu?

The thing here is in this day and age this should not even be happening.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join