It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey earthquake tremor & blackout caught on camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wow! Imagine getting caught in that!

I experienced a few in Taiwan but never fell down in the streets or had the roads buckle like this. Just a sick feeling as the buildings I was in started to sway.

Anyway...here it is.

CCTV cameras in the Turkish city of Van have captured dramatic video footage of the moment Wednesday's 5.7-magnitude earthquake struck. Security footage from violently shaking cameras showed people running out of buildings, lights going out and thick clouds of smoke enveloping streets in the provincial capital. The quake - which struck in the same Turkish province that was hit by a deadly temblor last month - has killed at least 10 people, including a Japanese aid worker. Twenty-eight people have been pulled out of the rubble alive since the quake, after rescuers worked through the night on Wednesday.

A few from the bigger one:

And some info as well. Thank you DiamondSmith:

The current number of houses collapsed and damaged are as follows according to TRCS:- Collapsed – 2779 (in the order of 18000-25000 people)
Severely Damaged – 21,674 (Uninhabitable) (in the order of 150000-225000 people)
Moderately Damaged/Slightly Damaged – 34,924.
Undamaged – 28,630.

The economic loss is predicted anywhere between 1 billion TRY and 4 billion TRY (555 million USD to 2.2 billion USD). Other estimates have been as high as USD 4 billion. The GDP of Van Province was around USD 3.3 billion in 2011 for comparison. The damage will not exceed 100% of the province GDP according to historical evidence in CATDAT. The aftershocks number has also increased to 2587, with some additional ones counted in the lower numbers. Sizes, ranging from M2 to 3 = 1265, ranging from M3 to 4 = 1080, ranging from M4 to 5 = 121, ranging from M5 to 6 = 7.

edit on 11-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Poor people I rely feel for them,here is some data!!

earthquake-report.com...)source

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

All I can say is WOW. I hope I never go through one of those...it looks terrifying!

join