It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK to profit $300 billion from Libya

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

UK to profit $300 billion from Libya

rt.com

The UK’s bill for its part in the NATO intervention in Libya is estimated at just under US $500 million. But according to the UK Department of Trade and Investment, the value of contracts to rebuild Libya, in areas ranging from electricity and water supplies to healthcare and education, could amount to upwards of US $300 billion over the next 10 years. And the British government will make sure it takes a leading role in that, just as it did in the war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.c o.uk
[url=http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2051988/British-companies-rush-200bn-Libya-contracts-Gaddafis-death.html]www.thisismoney.co.uk[ /url]

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That's alot of cheese,

Just $500 million for $300 billion, it does appear war & nation building is big business, so IMO Wars are not about "Oil" but much rather about removing a dictator who wont play ball, to then install a government who will, and then rebuild the country they have just destroyed?

Its seems to be a multitude of reasons, not only oil, if there is profit involved, sure we would love to help

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-11-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
yep, this is it

no money for uncle sam this time

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Rebuild the country in their image, not the peoples image.
I imagine the people there were perfectly fine before this whole war thing
Said dictator seemed to treat his people very well, He didnt wanna play ball with the globalist regime, and so they took him out.

Nice to know there is a price tag on human life.
edit on 11/11/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If war was not profitable, no body would ever goto war.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Uh war is about destroying, then you have that government/people that you destroyed borrow from you to rebuild there system so that you own them from this debt that you basically forced upon them. This happens time and time again... gaining the resources are a bonus.
edit on 11-11-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Correction.... that money is NOT for the UK, it's for the favoured contractors being handed the over-inflated rebuilding projects. All run through offshore shell companies, thus avoiding UK tax. THe British people will not see a penny of it and, quite frankly, I want nothing to do with mopney washed in blood and suffering.

What I find as distasteful as all the killing, is the hand wringing of those who ordered and revelled in it, telling the TV cameras how we must help the people to rebuild (as if they broke it all themselves), and how we need to all chip in with donations to avoid a "humanitarian crisis". WTF!

Mr. Cameron and Mr. Hague, you dickless sociopaths... here are your shovels, go help them rebuild. You broke it, you own it.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Rebuild the country in their image, not the peoples image.
I imagine the people there were perfectly fine before this whole war thing
Said dictator seemed to treat his people very well, He didnt wanna play ball with the globalist regime, and so they took him out.

Nice to know there is a price tag on human life.
edit on 11/11/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

That's true he didn't, but that is not to say the place was perfectly fine before this whole war thing kicked of, it clearly wasn't..

I think this is just a case of realising the potential to get involved,

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality

So you are saying that you would do anything for money?

That is sad

edit on 11/11/2011 by kloejen because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Intresting, how did you draw that conclusion by my statement?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

the value of contracts to rebuild Libya, in areas ranging from electricity and water supplies to healthcare and education, could amount to upwards of US $300 billion over the next 10 years.

According the the latest ATS 'the truth is viral' video Libya already had excellent electricity and water supplies , healthcare and education. So did all of that get destroyed in the uprising?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The UK are behind the Libya Invasion and murder of Gaddafi, so it stands to reason they are reaking in profits.

All UK wars are profiteering wars, this goes back to Lord Shelbournes East India Company which was an empire move to destroy the commonwealth soveriegnty of Great Britain.

The East India Company is who declared war on the Colonies of America, it wasn't Great Britain, except the part of British royalty being used as tool of the corporations.

Some British people are smart, they see it. Others are dark age stupid. Either way it is happening, like the taxpayer bailouts in America were not meant to help the economy, they were meant to bail out the british banks. $300 Billion is the same amount of bailout money that went to the British Banks. This rigged economy is part of a monetaristic system rule, where money is controlling how people think and act, like what happened in Greece with the Oracle of Delphi.
edit on 11-11-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add on

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kloejen

Originally posted by TechniXcality

So you are saying that you would do anything for money?

That is sad

edit on 11/11/2011 by kloejen because: typo

i dont see any "I" in that statement, how did you come to that conclusion??

he was only stating his opinion, which i think would be concidered a fact!!
edit on 11/11/11 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

He* i just love staring at that beautiful woman when i post lol sorry for the confusion.. But i agree with what you said.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

You used the word "nobody"...You could formulate it like this:

Nobody is perfect, but i am a nobody, therefore, i am perfect

Nobody=Everybody.. hope you get my drift.

Just pointing out a fundamental human flaw. Nothing personal.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

my bad

sorry lol

i will edit now

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I am sickend by the human race.
If I had to judge the human race.
I would erase all of you.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Why do people say the British empire ended long ago, in the 1940s or something, when it is obviously still going on, now it's in Libya doing "contracts" and Iraq. Obama is a puppet. A real president would get us out of Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya. We have no business being in any of those places. The democratic party is finished, more than half of the legally adult citizenry of the United States has bitterly rejected both the Obama Presidency and most of the members of Congress. I hope the same feeling of disgust of politicians is going on in Britain.

Can I draft a resolution for the people on Earth to be not so stupid. Or like Buddha says might as well erase all of us.
edit on 11-11-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add on

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ah, nice to see that my thread gets moved to another forum so it can die in some dark corner of this site, but other posters don't get the same treatment from the staff

edit on 11-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Alright few hundred more wars and things should be peachy keen again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join