It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012!!! Massive Solar Flare damage potential!!! well...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Not according to NASA and space.com...

No Killer Superflares from the Sun in 2012...

www.space.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm not impressed with the thread title. Sensationalism is passe here at ATS. Multiple exclamations way overused.

Des

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Although the report does not lie per se, it is completely untrue by limiting the span to 10 years.

13,000 years ago we lost all of the giants, cave bears, giant sloths, mammoths and mastodons, american lions,, giant elk with 12 foot wide antlers....and many more.

Direct scientific evidence concludes it was a massive solar flare.

starburstfound.org...

in fact these die off happen every 12-13,000 years and human and animal DNA bottlenecks.

Got the same report from NASA 2 days ago. Utter tripe.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

How is the report untrue by limiting it to the next few years worth of forecast? I did not see where this is anything disingenuous in this

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So NASA's contradiciting all their end-of-the-world warnings from the previous couple of years, eh?

Methinks they know something's coming.
At least the sheeple have such a short memory they won't be able to recall all the previous warnings and sill probably spend several hours clicking their light switches on and off before realizing that maybe they won't ever be coming on again.
NASA is so full of crap it's unreal.
Both the US and UK Governments have been preparing for a major solar event for the last 5 months (it's predicted to hit us within the next 13 months) -

Brits to shut grid for solar flare

Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation

When NASA (what satellite? ours fell in the sea again...) makes a global announcement stating that there's nothing to worry about, it's time to go out and buy adult diapers....

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
OP that is by far the most excellent title i have ever seen on ATS, do you work for the US government? i think i have only ever seen misleading sensationalist titles like this on government reports like the one that said Iraq had WMD's and every other report that has said we Americans are in epic danger and must give up something to save ourselves props to you OP i wish i could get a nice government job
edit on 11/11/2011 by Immune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
reply to post by Shadowalker

How is the report untrue by limiting it to the next few years worth of forecast? I did not see where this is anything disingenuous in this

Well i kind of think the fact that the 13,000 years since last time being up right now is leaving quite a bit out of the story dont you?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Actually they could happen in the next 2 weeks Monster solar storm
edit on 11/10/2011 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join