It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion: Do you guys/gals think that the ETs help make the pyramids?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
As far as the monoliths go , they did it on their own using the block and tackle .

Sorry, but not the Egyptians.

The block and tackle (compound pully) was invented by Archimedes. That was over two thousand years after the Great Pyramid was built.

Harte

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
I found another article which states some historians believe ETs may have helped. One again I am on the fence about it. Thats why I started the thread.

It appears to modern man the ancient Egyptian pyramids were no small feat to construct. Some theories have surfaced indicating that at least some scholars believe in aliens building pyramids. One of the most long held beliefs relating to the built of the pyramids is that they were constructed through the use of slave labor.

Your quote mentions "some 'scholars.'"

A "scholar" is not an historian.

Could you provide us with your source? This is an outrageous claim.

Harte

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Someone wanted more ET images as a possible . The Kush Rocket .

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
Someone wanted more ET images as a possible . The Kush Rocket .

I don't know what the image really depicts or what the hieroglyphs say, but a space rocket just doesn't stand around in the sand. What happened to the launch pad? I'm pretty sure we would have dug up some evidence for it, given the giant sizes of those structures.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Considering the amount of sand that has covered so much , and the amount of haggling with the government for foreigners to dig up their history . It has been left in ruin for so long , care taking of your oppressors temples was not high on the slaves agenda as time went on . This Hall of Records that is supposed to be buried under ground , not a high priority to look for it if in fact it holds keys to anything at all .

Can understand that leaving things buried respects the dead war slave culture for what it was , but inquiring minds want to know .
You would need an army of people to uncover what may be there , and good luck with that . To much work and not enough reward involved .

It could be just another obelisk .
edit on 30-11-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
I don't know what the image really depicts or what the hieroglyphs say, but a space rocket just doesn't stand around in the sand.

IRRC, that thing has been addressed here before and what it is was explained.

Here's Larry Orcutt's discussion of this:
www.catchpenny.org...

My opinion is that it is a fake.

I mean, if not, why can't anyone tell us exactly where this false door is?

Harte
edit on 11/30/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

I don't know what the image really depicts or what the hieroglyphs say, but a space rocket just doesn't stand around in the sand.

www.catchpenny.org...

Harte

Seriously though , when they only produce one lone picture and what ever else they have is not forth coming . It is Bull pucky when it happens . Adding to the mystery of it all , was it LEAKED when it wasn't supposed to be ?

The possible graffiti that was suggested , perhaps but sheesh give something more than one picture to back that up . I'm sure there was more film taken or did they stop making film for that camera all of a sudden ? Like having your favorite show chopped due to some corp decision .

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

www.catchpenny.org...

Harte

Thanks for the link Harte.... I googled it but couldn't find much (other than "look, here's a rocket").

The whole ancient Egypt / UFO / Alien thing is so lame by now it is ridicolous. One can only feel sorry for the Egytologists and understand that they throw a fit when they're asked about the helicopter for a millionth time - Just to hear, after they explained it, ".. hmm...ok...but I still think it's a helicopter". And when this thread has run its course, 2 weeks later a new one will pop up, chewing on the same meatless bones that have been served up for over 40 years now.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The whole ancient Egypt / UFO / Alien thing is so lame by now it is ridicolous. One can only feel sorry for the Egytologists and understand that they throw a fit when they're asked about the helicopter for a millionth time - Just to hear, after they explained it, ".. hmm...ok...but I still think it's a helicopter". And when this thread has run its course, 2 weeks later a new one will pop up, chewing on the same meatless bones that have been served up for over 40 years now.

And two weeks after that. And two weeks after that.
Etc., etc., ad infinitum.

Harte

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Harte

I'm glad people are so open minded and can actually give something useful to a thread...

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Harte

I'm glad people are so open minded and can actually give something useful to a thread...

-SAP-

Slo.... what exactly do you expect? You asked for opinions, and you got them. The whole thing just gets boring - I'd happily discuss something new, a fresh take on things or at least a new artifact that can be deliberately misconstrued as evidence for alien egyptians (or egyptian aliens)... but again helicopters, light bulbs and "there's no way they could have stacked big stones on top of another"...
This is the most savagely beaten dead horse in human history... let it rest in peace.

Do you have some new and original hypothesis or interpretation?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hello Great Thread!

I ran into a very interesting Blog in support of the Aliens helped buid the Pyramids theory. It has some really good arguments in defense of this Theory.

ufoconnection2012.blogspot.com...

Here is a short snippet from this blog..

In a shock statement, head of the Cairo University Archaeology Department, Dr Ala Shaheen has told an audience that there might be truth to the theory that aliens helped the ancient Egyptians build the oldest of pyramids, the Pyramids of Giza. On being further questioned by Mr Marek Novak, a delegate from Poland as to whether the pyramid might still contain alien technology or even a UFO with its structure, Dr Shaheen, was vague and replied “I can not confirm or deny this, but there is something inside the pyramid that is “not of this world”. Delegates to the conference on ancient Egyptian architecture were left shocked, however Dr Shaheen has refused to comment further or elaborate on his UFO and alien related statements.

Cheers!

edit on 3-12-2011 by sanchertx because: pic

edit on 3-12-2011 by sanchertx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchertx
Hello Great Thread!

I ran into a very interesting Blog in support of the Aliens helped buid the Pyramids theory. It has some really good arguments in defense of this Theory.

ufoconnection2012.blogspot.com...

Here is a short snippet from this blog..

In a shock statement, head of the Cairo University Archaeology Department, Dr Ala Shaheen has told an audience that there might be truth to the theory that aliens helped the ancient Egyptians build the oldest of pyramids, the Pyramids of Giza. On being further questioned by Mr Marek Novak, a delegate from Poland as to whether the pyramid might still contain alien technology or even a UFO with its structure, Dr Shaheen, was vague and replied “I can not confirm or deny this, but there is something inside the pyramid that is “not of this world”. Delegates to the conference on ancient Egyptian architecture were left shocked, however Dr Shaheen has refused to comment further or elaborate on his UFO and alien related statements.

Cheers!

edit on 3-12-2011 by sanchertx because: pic

No - Dr. Shaheen never said such a thing, it's complete bunk.

See here: Dr. Shaheen's statement...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
While I can't technically assert for an incontrovertible fact that some higher form of intelligence wasn't in any way involved in either the construction or the design or some form of influence over ancient structures like the pyramids, it doesn't make intuitive sense to me that they would have, and doesn't seem necessary.

Firstly, there have been several methods proposed by which humans could have constructed the pyramids, so it does not seem necessary to introduce ETs into the mix to explain their existence.

Secondly, if an advanced species came here and built the pyramids, it would mean several things. 1) Unless indigenous to Earth somehow, they would have been sufficiently advanced to achieve interstellar travel. 2) They would have had no compunction about revealing their presence to human beings (or concealing their technology from humans if one entertains the idea that ancient inscriptions depict them, etc.) And 3) They would clearly have been capable of planning, design, and construction incorporating geometry and other methods we use today, or some other analog thereof. And yet, despite all of that, they chose to use quasi-stone age materials and construction to produce the pyramids? They couldn't fashion metal alloys or synthetic materials to build them out of?

As I said, it just doesn't make intuitive sense to my thinking, and seems unnecessary. Human beings are more intelligent than sometimes given credit for. (Our wisdom is another matter, and an entirely different discussion in my view.)

But as I said I have to technically at least entertain the possibility.
edit on 12/3/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Who is to say anyone built them, man, alien or otherwise?
They exist right? They appear to have been designed and constructed right? Therefore they must have been built by someone who was at least guided by an intelligence that wanted them to be built. Seems Plausible. Evidence that demands a verdict, supposedly.

Why can't they just be natural phenomena?

Probability you say. "If I were a gambling man", you say, "I'd put money on those darn things having been built".

And yet, in complete disregard of the probability of life evolving spontaneously, you are prepared to accept something even less likely than a few blocks of rock randomly forming by accident.

Am I the only person who sees this inconsistency?

But to the question at hand? Do I think it was random chance? No.
Do I think aliens did it? Well perhaps we can answer that by asking another question.

How many generations after immigrating to a new country do you consider yourself and family as being citizens of that country ? And having settled in thier new country, when is it appropriate for their family back home to start calling them foreigners?

I don't know who built the pyramids, and probably never will in my lifetime. I can tell you this however: they were built, and it appears they were designed with some purpose in mind. That implies intelligence, and a designer, or group of designers. It's my opinion that civilizations reach thier intellectual peak and then grow complacent and tend towards self destruction. We are heading on the down hill slope now in my opinion. That implies we were once smarter than we are now. Or to paraphrase the words of the late, great Larry Norman: "we are only visiting this planet... We lost it all so long ago, the garden"
edit on 24-3-2012 by FlutterByte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

SloAnPainful,

Good thread... F n S...

I truly can't say either way on Alien intervention and from what I've seen (relics of the ancient trades) our ancestors were quite ingenious, hard working and threw thousands of people at a single project.

HOWEVER... and you notice that is a big however. Having been in the building trades and heavy and highway construction industry for years and also extremely learned from A to Z, I have done the math, developed labor schedules and equipment needs and I find it IMPOSSIBLE the ancients could have placed 2,300,000 blocks of stone (could have been far more) employing ramps, rollers, levers, etc in a 20 year period.

Just as in the business world, I constructed models on paper and in my mind with ramps of various sizes, shapes and materials and at various locations taking into consideration mulitple ramp locations and all materials already stockpiled within easy reach onsite. Using the ancient technology it just doesn't work.
I also constructed the same models on paper and in my mind, this time employing the most modern and task specific equipment available, and it still doesn't work.
As a fact, one could hardly hook, lift, swing and place a similar load haphazardly into a common stockpile every 4.6 minutes, let alone safely handle and set a heavy stone geometically and with precision.
Working 24/7 by 365 whoever built the pyramids would have had to set in place (100% finished) a block every 4.6 minutes.
I say IMPOSSIBLE. You want to know why; hooking to a block and swinging it safely to its location, lowering it carefully into position while levering it to keep its geometry and unhooking the slings would take far longer.
Add to this, you likely could only set two cranes on each side of a pyramid to work safely and production would be limited on each side to the production of these two cranes.
Of course the cranes are always limited by weight vs angle of boom so even employing 250 + ton cranes, the machines cannot throw blocks around like fishing lures.
This doesn't even consider hauling, pushing, or swinging each stone into place for the crane crews to hook too. And doing this job safely spells doom for speed.
I could go on and on with fact from experience and training but I won't... lol
Don't know what happened there, but if it wasn't alien or intervention of some almost magical sort from someone, then it did not happen the way and in anywhere near the time purported.

edit on 24-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It may be improbable, but like Han says, "NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS".

The odds can be beaten.

For on example, it's more difficult to to be struck by lightning than just about anything else. Yet, some people have been struck multiple times with the record being seventeen times. And that many times means beating astronomical odds.

But until hard evidence shows ETs, I'm going to go with humans.

Because you see, if humans are too stupid to build the pyramids then they're too stupid to do anything.

And that thought leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Because it also means we can't have people like DaVinci, Einstein, VonBraun. Yeats, Plato or Beethoven. If humans can't build remarkable things on their own, there can't be geniuses to help society along, as well as meaning we can't even have basic societies at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join