It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EDL planned to attack Occupy London - 156 people arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is currently the top headline on the British Guardian website:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Police have arrested 156 supporters of the English Defence League in order to prevent a breach of the peace, Scotland Yard said.
It is understood the EDL supporters were planning to target Occupy LSX protesters outside St Paul's Cathedral.

If this is true its a sinister turn for the worse. I don't see what problem the extreme right has with the Occupy movement

(Mods if you feel this is in the wrong section please move it!)
edit on 11-11-2011 by freethinker123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
WARNING: The site linked is a tracker site according to peerblock.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

It's the Guardian Newspaper. One of the main British broadsheets...
But they are left wing so it's possible :0

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
They were probably there in case MAC turns up, and try and disrupt the two minute silence.
The article doesn't mention, they were there for the occupy people at all.
Then again the guardian is the daily mail for the left.

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 11-11-2011 by DBCooper71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2011 by DBCooper71 because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

I've just read the article, it say's that they believed they were going to attack the protesters at St Pauls,

Personally, I think the Police just made their own reason to justify dealing with these particular EDL!

Ask yourself! Why would they attack them? they too are victims of the corporate leeches who value money over life!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm dubious as to the EDL motives as well, while I'm hardly a fan of there cause it does strike me as a tad odd.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Aren't the EDL led by Zionists.....And the occupy protesters are against Zionist influence in the world.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What a bunch of mislead football hooligans/bafoons....

Once again, eating what the media give them without doing basic equations, or thinking for their selves.

This is the EDL mind frame:

"Jobless bum's wanting everything for free, lets get these off our streets & help the government that cant ever do owt wrong"

The blind leading the blind, thank fk they got arrested

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

They think they can take it upon their selves to do the morally right thing (morals meaning brainwashed morals) what the 'pc' government cant do, because it too 'politically correct' or w/e to take action upon a bunch of people causing no harm, only awareness of a very very big subject which goes hand in hand with some of their own causes. . but their too dumb to get this

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

The Guardian isn't obsessed with celebrities and has investigative journalism as well though. Remember that almost all of the recent controversy against Rupert Murdoch and News International have been driven through by the Guardian.

The Daily Mail on the other hand is probably more famous for having supported fascism during the second world war...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Yes, its just as well that the EDL is led by a bunch of brainless idiots who prefer drinking at pubs and fighting each other after football matches, they could be dangerous otherwise.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Here is another independent eye-witness account of the Stasi-like behaviour of the Metropolitan Police at the Cenotaph today.

Esme Weatherwax, writes for the New English Review blog.
She writes of her personal experience of the day. Please visit www.NewEnglishReview.org for more stories. EDL and MfE paying their respects peacfully – 170 arrests to prevent a ‘possible’ breach of the peace.

englishdefenceleague.org...

....................................if you really want to know what happened!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The EDL takes a lot of flak and smear efforts to paint them as some kind of rightest militia bent on acts of terror.

Their sin? Defending English heritage from the massive tidal waves of immigration, loss of civil liberties and the expansion of the nanny state.

It's the same sin we have in the US when we defend our borders from illegal immigration, loss of civil liberties and the expanding bureaucracy that is attempting to become a nanny state.

It is extremely politically incorrect to defend things like English and American heritage. You get called every name from nazi to neocon to commie to racist. Your sin, if you choose to defend these things, is to dare to believe what you choose to believe and not what the prevailing political flow would have you believe.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Actually the problem is that there are many skinheads and football hooligans in among the EDL crowd. Its obvious what their agenda is and I don't think that they are there to defend 'our' civil liberties.

If you want a political option that supports a right wing viewpoint, but isn't (necessarily) racist in the UK one can vote for the Independence Party. Mind you some people say that they are just a middle class version of BNP.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by free
thinker123

reply to post by redoubt

Actually the problem is that there are many skinheads and football hooligans in among the EDL crowd. Its obvious what their agenda is and I don't think that they are there to defend 'our' civil liberties.

If you want a political option that supports a right wing viewpoint, but isn't (necessarily) racist in the UK one can vote for the Independence Party. Mind you some people say that they are just a middle class version of BNP.

No - actually the problem is that the one single institution left in the UK not completely under the thumb of the PC legions are the football supporters clubs - anyone else who dares to disagree with PC orthodoxy is hounded out of their job, career, profession, business etc by hysterical thought crime accusations of racism.

The average football yob is the only person left who can give a big # off to the PC wankers - who of course are only 'tolerant' of diverse opinions when they are corrosive to the social fabric.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
They didn't.

They complained and essentially warned them that if Occupy London did anything that there would be consequences.

They were quite well behaved. I applaud them for it. Much better. That is exactly the note you are looking to strike. I'd say it is about perfect.

The difference between your demeanor and your press a couple of times like this is good for you.

Occupy London are being provocative intentionally. Multiple times recently.

I say this as a person who knows almost no one who would go to an EDL like event, and instead knowing many who would end up at an Occupy event. I'd bet I do know some of them if I went down to the one here and the one in Victoria and Vancouver this moment I pretty much guarantee I'd run into a few people I know. Occupy London is particularly nauseous.
edit on 2011/11/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Oh, the answer as to what their problem with Occupy London were:

Graffiti on the Legion's poppy stand saying "Baby Killers."

Spray painting 666 on the Church they are outside.

Using the Church as a latrine.

Seem pretty reasonable to be upset about those things. I don't see why you wouldn't be.

The Occupy movement here is significantly more polite. Maybe the Londoners could come take some lessons.
edit on 2011/11/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thread Killaz.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

So they had proof those three minor offenses you listed were by occupiers?

edit on 12-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
The EDL takes a lot of flak and smear efforts to paint them as some kind of rightest militia bent on acts of terror.

Their sin? Defending English heritage from the massive tidal waves of immigration, loss of civil liberties and the expansion of the nanny state.

It's the same sin we have in the US when we defend our borders from illegal immigration, loss of civil liberties and the expanding bureaucracy that is attempting to become a nanny state.

It is extremely politically incorrect to defend things like English and American heritage. You get called every name from nazi to neocon to commie to racist. Your sin, if you choose to defend these things, is to dare to believe what you choose to believe and not what the prevailing political flow would have you believe.

Ever been to an EDL march? nah? I have. .

I went to the Leeds protest and it was aground 3/4 full of straight racist basdtads. We got pushed into a corner while protesting, then all of a sudern every one started running. . we got to a ally way and i lost who i came to the protest with, me not thinking i kept running. then they stopped and a big group of them started calling me a black bastad ...i was like am here for the march & one said to me # off in a Liverpool accent..i recognized this guy from the speeches before hand, so he was a main figure head within EDL.

Anyway i ran away because i was outnumbered 1 to 25+. . while i was running i was seeing photographers gettign their camera's taken off them and smashes, kicked in head etc. I also seen cars getting walked ontop off by mass groups of hooligans.

These are not nice people, their lost & confused people been mislead down a very slippery road that addressing nothing but hatered. I agree Sharia law has no place in England, but this is NOT the way to represent people's feelings towards such a big issue. . fighting twats with twats doesnt make sense

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join