It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Christmas Tree Is Pretty. Oh, And It's Also A Pagan Obelisk

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Your Christmas Tree Is Pretty. Oh, And It's Also A Pagan Obelisk

Yeah, I know......Thats not shocking news to me.....

What is funny, is that I have friends that call it my birthday tree.......Everybody else gets cake and candles for their b-day. I get a flashy tree and decorations

Every tradition comes from someone of the past

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

All good reasons to have this discussion each year, I mean why else would we celebrate anything?

You are the man. Thanks for reminding me of that. I think that is what the OP was trying to get across and this has been a lot of fun. I agree that it is good for everyone to have this discussion, at least to make it clear who has the ball...I mean the Tree.

You must be a Greek.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

That's too funny. But no, he's only stuffed on kitty food

This is totally off topic but that is a gorgeous cat. His fur is stunning. Good job, cat-wrangler.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I remember a similar story about Moses and him seeing a tree on fire that didn't burn. According to the book of Exodus, Moses was a herds man after beeing cast out of Egypt. When he was out in the field, the lord appeared to him as a tree on fire but did not burn. This is where the Lord gave Moses the instructions to go back to Egypt. The story I heard was that the cow dung from Moses herd has psychedelic mushrooms growing in it and moses had eaten some. This is how he was able to hallucinate and see the tree on fire.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Alchemst7 because: typo

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hmm when I look at my tree I see a pretty Christmas tree.... wierd

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
For a religion that says it hates all things related to the Old Ways, Christianity sure stole enough of our celebrations and ideas. Give me the Real Old Time Religion!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Today's version of Christmas is most certainly a pagan inspired aberration, much like the Catholic Church. If Jesus were alive today he would be disgusted.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well if you want to get technical christmas itself is a pagan holliday, yule saturnalia:en.wikipedia.org...

Early christians adopted this date as the day Jesus was born for the simple fact it was easier to pursuade everyone in Rome to participate if it coincided with a day they were already celebrating.

For that matter, the entire catholic mass is a pagan ritual: ringing of bells, burning of incense, burning of candles, chanting, the robes, a sacred area only the priest can enter...even the symbolic eating and drinking of the body and blood to save yourself! Ever bit is directly taken from the Roman pagan rituals.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Lol. To me, and my family, its just a christmas tree. A harmless holiday tradition.

I fail to see the conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Your Christmas Is Tree Pretty. Oh, And It's Also A Pagan Obelisk

Who cares? Seriously? It's just another "tradition" that has no more thought put into it except "this will look pretty".

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Who cares? Seriously? It's just another "tradition" that has no more thought put into it except "this will look pretty".

"In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway."
- Tyler Durden

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Its a good quote, but doesn't apply. How will a christmas tree bring about Tyler Durdens fantasy world?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

"In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." - Tyler Durden

Beauty does not require a second line.

2nd.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42

Its a good quote, but doesn't apply. How will a christmas tree bring about Tyler Durdens fantasy world?

To know where one is going, one must know from whence he came...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Won't somebody please think of the children???!!!
Churchladies of the world unite!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Sting once wrote a song called "History Will Teach Us Nothing". Apparently this axiom holds true in your case. Unfortunate.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Lol. I refer back to my previous question. Christmas tree -> step two -> pagan endtimes (or something?)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42

Answer: A Christmas tree will not bring about Tyler Durdens fantasy world. The quote is applicable in another sense. I'll let you ruminate on that.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
INTERMISSION

"Tree", by David Byrne

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

I am well aware of this. Others may not be... so thank you for pointing this out.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join