It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan tsunami debris could reach B.C. in days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
National Post Article Source

The main part of the 20-million-tonne debris field, equivalent in size to the state of California, isn’t expected until about 2014, but houses, fish-boats and even small freighters could already be close to Canadian shores, Mr. Ebbesmeyer said.

20 million tonne debris field is going to hit US shores! that is a lot of crap coming to shore. It is going to start hitting soon with the main body of the debris field hitting in 2014. We are going to be picking up Japanese cars, houses, fishing boats and other debris for a very long time it seems.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wonder if any human remains will turn up

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I doubt cars will float for more then 15 minutes once in the water.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Many car bodies are filled with a heat activated foam that in fact will make the car float. They use the foam to quiet the car from highway noise. There will be cars in the debris.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

That is a horrible thought but I think the sharks will have taken care of that by the time the debris was a few days old.

edit on 11-11-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I saw that on the news a week ago, but I thought they said the debris was the size of texas....either way that's a lot of stuff.

we are not talking about a car floating by itself here, cars mixed in all the debris together, why wouldn't they float

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by research100

You might be thinking of the Pacific Garbage Patch.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
i'd love to go out on a ship and see whats out there.

i wonder how many people will try to salvage what they can from it as it comes closer to land. just think if there are things like boats and ships floating around out there pretty much free for the taking, you might even sell said things back to the original owners.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by generik
i'd love to go out on a ship and see whats out there.

i wonder how many people will try to salvage what they can from it as it comes closer to land.

Just think, if there are things like boats and ships floating around out there pretty much free for the taking, you might even sell said things back to the original owners.

Greetings:

Excellent observation, and we are pleased to answer your questions by sharing with you portions of our thread from a month ago.

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Greetings:

Have you seen this debris?

16 October 2011
Tsunami Debris Found 3,000 km Out To Sea

PHOTO: Houses, cars and boats were swept out to sea in the tsunami that engulfed Japan in March (Yomiuri: Reuters)

Coming soon to a beach near you?

Since this debris might be radioactive to some degree, (Gee, Wally, will the EPA/USGOV release this information before Christmas?), it might not be prudent to launch the The Raging Queen to sail out and claim such island for recycling just at this moment.

Claim it & Name it!

Besides, if you wait, the island will continue to come closer so as to make the return trip with ships laden with those valuable recyclables less costly. You just pull up along side an island with your sea-worthy MRF on barges, claim it, name it and go to work.

Just think of the possibilities!

FREE resources... just look at what you may find:

Among the wreckage was a television set, a refrigerator and a small boat registered in Fukushima.

The crew of the Russian ship recovered the boat and is now trying to trace its Japanese owner.
Members of the US Navy's 7th fleet, near the coast of Japan, say they've never seen anything like it. Houses, cars, even tractor trailers bobbing in the ocean have become a threat to shipping traffic.
source

Is this another elephant in the room that has been merely overlooked or simply swept under the rug?

With the collective intellect and investigative talent of the members here on ATS, it shouldn't be too hard to track this/these looming disasters?

Wonder if a satellite-based thermal imaging system would be of any help here?

zorgon, what about those milsats you hacked and/or were granted access to? Any thermal imaging technology out there available?

Care to provide any of those pics you're hoarding, just waiting to be asked for?

What about access to those satellites that got those great hi-res photos of Fukushima Dai-ichi?

Although, one might postulate that there already have been tracking devices implanted on these floating islands of death - after all, wouldn't that have been the prudent thing to do once they knew these blobs existed?

But then, if one began back-tracking and connecting the dots on this wriggling tentacle and were able to prove that [color=limegreen]these tracking devices are, in fact, in place, and/or information - (other than released here by ABC (Australian Broadcasting Company) News - exists that proves this story just another spin within a spin) that would indicate another conspiracy (within a conspiracy - how many layers does this particularly odiferous onion have ?), designed to disenfranchise the world populace of potentially significant information that might mean the difference in life as we experience it now or a poisoned landscape and a slow, agonizing death by continual radiation poisoning spewing from the multiple melt-throughs at the Fukushima Dai-ichi disaster/fiasco 24/7/365.
more

"So you have to imagine a city say the size of about Seattle, put it through a grinder and what happens?

You wind up with all kinds of debris - bodies, boats, everything from a person's life including the living themselves and half that's probably going to float," said Ebbesmeyer.
source

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

top topics

join