It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoops! Didn't Mean To Kill You. I Thought You Were An Arab. My Bad...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is just another example how the Israelis consider themselves more important than the Arabs. I know that not all Israelis share this sentiment, but it's widespread among the government and many of the settlers.

Israeli army says accidentally kills West Bank settler

(Reuters) - An Israeli soldier killed a Jewish settler rabbi in the occupied West Bank on Friday after mistaking him for a Palestinian militant as he drove to dawn prayers, the army and settler leaders said.

You never hear the IDF apologizing when they kill an innocent Arab Israeli or a peace activist like Rachel Corrie. This makes me sick that they so blatantly hold this double standard while claiming to be an example to the region.

Troops set up a checkpoint near Beit Hagai settlement after receiving reports of a car "driving suspiciously," and one of them opened fire on the speeding vehicle after it failed to heed orders to halt, the army said in a statement.

Looks like speeding can get you shot at in Israel. I hear of this happening in Afghanistan, but Israel? The West Bank of all places.

The soldier "felt his life was in danger," it said.

Nothing but an IDF coward. Give a coward a gun, this is what will happen.

There were two other people who got wounded in the car, I'm glad they are okay.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Looks like speeding can get you shot at in Israel. I hear of this happening in Afghanistan, but Israel? The West Bank of all places.

A car is a potential weapon. If a speeding car fails to heed orders to halt, I dont think it is really that unusual to shoot at it, even more so in this volatile region.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

My whole point was that they apologized because it was a rabbi. If it was a car with an Arab family in it, they would have called them terrorists and not issued an apology. I don't even think Rachel Corrie got an apology.

I guess not everyone sees it as I do.
edit on 11-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: word displacement again

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
That towel makes a nice target!!! And if you dont score a direct hit, well there's something to wipe the blood up with afterwards.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

You should go join the IDF.

You would have a promising career

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Maslo

My whole point was that they apologized because it was a rabbi. If it was a car with an Arab family in it, they would have called them terrorists and not issued an apology. I don't even think Rachel Corrie got an apology.

Where does it say that they apologized?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
That towel makes a nice target!!! And if you dont score a direct hit, well there's something to wipe the blood up with afterwards.

Yeah haha you see this is why noone takes you seriously or gives 2 hoots that you quite obviously see Israel as a "beacon of light in the dark" and can do no wrong. lol well... I suppose ignorance is bliss.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I'm sure the "Jewish rabbi's" family and friends will be comforted by your caring thoughts..

Sad to see you think the Death of a Jew is so funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

A car is a potential weapon. If a speeding car fails to heed orders to halt, I dont think it is really that unusual to shoot at it, even more so in this volatile region.

You absolutely correct, although many here have never been in the situation that their life and the lifes of others they are protecting have never been in this situation.

So they will cry "foul" based upon their ignorance.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

So they will cry "foul" based upon their ignorance.

No, they'll cry foul because many believe the Israeli's have NO RIGHT to setup checkpoints on Palestinian land..

Some here even try to argue that it isn't an occupation.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Disgusting idiot.

Nazi scum.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You should never use the Term coward in your vocabulary , because i highly doubt you know what a coward actually is , when you , yourself could very well be a Coward and probably are. If my life felt threatened ... id kill you as fast as i could possibly could. Not only to preserve my life , which isnt my primary goal. My primary goal is so you dont get to home to your family or your friends and brag about taking my life. The thought of it pisses me off. So if some one is about to kill me or i think you are about to kill me .... id take your life in an instant and without regret and sleep peacefully that night and forget about you.

You going home to your family , and i dont get to go home to my family , means i lose ... and i hate losing with an absolute passion , its all a game and i will end your game.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
.....its all a game and i will end your game.

Except that it really isn't. What a naive attitude. This is the reason that the US military recruits the uneducated and poor. They want pissed off teenagers that think this is a 'game'. You give a weapon to a kid that's *less than* bright and thinks it's all a game and you have the perfect war machine.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just good business.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

My whole point was that they apologized because it was a rabbi.

That's your whole point? Well perhaps you should read the article again, because there is no apology mentioned.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by relpobre000

What? Uneducated and poor?

My mother owns a company that makes her very good money , we are upper middle class and live very comfortably. We have excess in everything we need , the good Lord has blessed us greatly and i thank him when ever i think about how good we have it ; we dont have a single want. I will also have a 4 year degree in Military Science / Diplomacy with a Minor in software engineering at the end of next spring and i currently maintain a 3.4 GPA which isnt horrible.

I still hold my views .... and it is a game. Your body is a tool , the sooner you realize that , the more effective weapon you will be. My home is not on this Earth , it is with my God (Jesus) in heaven. I will fight for those that wish to live their life because its my simple and only desire.

Im also a 2nd Lt in the United States Marine Corps.

The military only recruit Poor and the uneducated because they are less of a human being is what i just read in your post. I want to say so much more to you. Those boys poor or uneducated have fear , love , hate , desires just like any else , and they bleed the same color blood you do , they also die just as easy as you do.

That life is mine , and i earn their respect. I will command that soul and i will respect their life. I give them respect , and they give me obedience. They will make hell of a better Marine / Soldier than you ever would. I would have to probably beat you into submission because you dont know what it is to have to earn something. You think its free. Being a Marine / Soldier isnt free. You earn the right to defend the flag of the United States of America. Id break you quickly. Hell youd be the one to commit suicide.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I had originally taken the time to rebut your post (prior to the added spiel about physically assaulting me) but I feel that your response has highlighted and underlined my original point.

If the military is interested in the best and brightest why do the recruit so hard in high schools in under-privileged neighborhoods? Surely that Military Science degree has given you some insight

If I had to measure myself against a standard that dictates what a good soldier I'd be...what a sad life that'd be. The speed with which you resort to threats of violence is astonishing. But stay classy.

ETA: You talk about your mother making money (do you live with her?) then go on to say that you'll have a college degree next spring. How are you a 2nd LT in the USMC without a college degree?
edit on 11-11-2011 by relpobre000 because: eta

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
And that is why I don't agree with conscripted armies. You take em all, hand em a gun and HOPE they have the guts to do their job well.

And yes.. it is disgusting that, if this were an Arab killed, they wouldn't care. They wouldn't even mention it. "Well he was driving and he suddenly moved left so I got real scared and just HAD to blow his brain into the back seat". Nope.. they wouldn't care. In fact the IDF soldier would probably be given a medal.

I'm no fan of the IDF or the Zionist pigs in Israel... so I'll just leave it at that

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

One can only guess as to what really happened. I would like to hear the story from the perspective of the passengers.

I would venture to guess that there was no "suspicious driving" and that the soldier had to justify why he killed someone without provocation.

Well there is no justification. The Zionist occupiers kill Palestinians at will.

This time, the innocent victim just happened to be one of their own.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

reply to post by Maslo

Where does it say that they apologized?

Here ya go, my bad. Sorry I thought I included the link in my OP.

Soldier who mistakenly killed rabbi: I'm sorry

Sorry about not including the link everyone. I haven't checked this thread since earlier today.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

My whole point was that they apologized because it was a rabbi.

That's your whole point? Well perhaps you should read the article again, because there is no apology mentioned.

Took care of the link. Put the wrong link with my OP. Meant to have both, sorry

top topics

<<   2 >>

join